Struggle… Hope… Death…
399 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I think a month has passed.

 

While thinking of my daily life and still walking within the forest, I heave a heavy sigh and look at the unconscious body in my arms.

 

She is really troublesome on top of being useful. Granted, I had just recently washed her body and myself at a nearby stream, so us both are currently dripping water along the way.

 

She is really tedious to tend to. I said that again because of the troublesome needs she is forcing me to consider. Even though she is basically me, I am still unable to control her an ounce even after having tried an incessant amount of attempts for a month.

 

It was excessively concerning to see her suffering from a cold. I will admit it.

 

Naturally, I do not give a damn about it but she is me, thus giving her to nature would have spelled a certain end for me. But I did get to experience the touch of a grim reaper.

 

It was on the second day of her sickness that I began to greatly suffer its effects. Notwithstanding my body was flawlessly in good shape, my movements exhibit sharp contrast to that, and so forced me to hold up inside the empty space under a tree's trunk for several days.

 

During that time, she was suffering the most to the point of nearing the gate of death. I say that because my whole consciousness at that time was repeatedly blanking out while I was staring dazingly at the ground and trying to add fuel into the fire in front of me for warmth. 

 

Despite the warmth of light casting from the entrance of the space, it was still considerably cold with the fire. Additionally, I was constantly moving to get out of this forest and away from the goblins, so my resting place was constantly changing.

 

I had to redo the covering of the empty space’s entrance each time I changed locations. Luckily though, I managed to survive the finale which was the night hours through a series of wills and hugs with the girl’s body.

 

After that, she began to rapidly recover in synchronization with my once fleeting consciousness and the only side effect was making my body skinny, with the exception of my female body.

 

That is the tedious story of making amends with her. It would have been fine with just her straining my life. That is the truth. But it is also the truth that I am being constantly reminded of choosing my walking route.

 

Since this place has a certain resentful feature of ceaselessly attracting all sorts of powerful mobs to it, it does not require an imagination to know what my life has been standing on.

 

That is right. Nature has been poisoning me since the beginning of entering this place.

 

While I am managing me and her health, I also have to consider the creatures living within this forest. And it is by pure bad luck that they are on a whole different scope of both viciousness and intelligence. I mean, the wolf-like creatures can notice me before the same occurs for me. So, I have been treading on a route that has the rabbit's presence nearby.

 

I do not know why, but the rabbits do not seem to be interested in me or the girl. They seem to be herbivores, conjecturing from the only food that they have been eating are plants. Furthermore, for whatever reason, they seem to bear deep grudges against the wolves for them to rush the annihilation of the wolves chasing me without a second thought.

 

Those rabbits are limitlessly useful, however, it also means I basically only have a single route of containing the rabbits as an option. Stemming from that, I might be circling around the forest and prolonging my time of suffering within this forest. But frankly, that is eminently better than instantly being mercilessly chewed alive.

 

Then again, if only I can move this girl, my situation would have been sailing smoother than the current situation. Granted that she provides me the warmth needed after dusk and cloud-like sleep quality as a remarkable pillow, at the same time being miraculously light weighted, her existence is also impeding the growth of my magic.

 

I have been trying to attempt magic formation throughout my journey yet to no avail. I do not know if there is even a progress towards relinquishing the instant disappearance of my magic. But then again, I am being left with only that.

 

Thus, while thinking about magic, several hours pass by as I continue walking along a certain path with my female body in tow. It is after that the horizon of my eyesight begins displaying my long-coveted scenery of a space that possesses bright light and spacious space.

 

Damn yea, I can finally ditch this hellfire!

 

While running towards the horizon, I can feel my two hearts from myself and the girl’s body pulsing vigorously to allow for rapid gaseous exchange within the alveoli. Or in short, pumping of adrenaline.

 

My mind is in a state of ecstasy as I run past the thorny vine. Notwithstanding the lacerations to my skin and being an involuntary shield for the girl, my last hanging garment is being mutilated to pieces.

 

The blood dripping from my wounds tarnishes my bodies, decorating the girl's face with splatters of blood as her body flails around due to the speed of my locomotion.

 

Then, the moment I arrive at the first sight of the space, my mind is exultant to have met its sought expectations.

 

Immediately being translated in my exhilarated brain is the sight of a vast plain of grass stretching across kilometers. Diverse kinds of beings populate the area, seemingly suggesting themselves bearing the herbivore characteristic from the tranquility of the place and plants-only consumption.

 

In comparison to the beings or creatures I witnessed, the place's living entities are significantly abnormal.

 

Through my excited eyes, numerous butterflies are flying around while trailing waves of soft mists as they move. Fox-like creatures with three puffy tails behind them are wandering the plain while the others sleep on the beds of flowers. But eminently, there is not a single sight of them being vicious!

 

The soft mists seem to be waves of magic particles, what with the glittering and the resemblance. Additionally, all of them are white in color with a tad mix of gray.

 

However, what stands out the most is the mighty appearance of a large deer. Its antlers are dispersed in a large area to the right and left sides. Its body is also in white color. Furthermore, when it moves, the glittering colorless and transparent crystals hanging from its antlers sway timelessly when it moves.

 

“That is hella cool…”

 

That is right. It is to the level of making my thoughts leak through vocalization.

 

The wind breezes along the grass and sways it and the flowers, giving me the sense of the place's harmony.

 

But then again, while I am further admiring the scene, I notice a strange raised ground at the center of the place.

 

“Is that… a building?”

 

I can see a protrusion behind the raised ground, or a hill through squinting my eyes.

 

Does not that mean…

 

-I can finally live in a proper place!

 

I instantaneously tightly grip my female body to my chest and descend down to the lower ground. I am still within the forest coverage before descending down and it has higher grounds than the plain of grass.

 

When my foot settles on the grass of the plain, I immediately start to silently walk towards the hill while reducing my presence as much as possible with the girl’s body in my arms.

 

I do not know how the animals of this area would behave the moment they notice an unknown entity invading their territory. And so, while cautiously treading towards the hill and across the waving grass, I am obscuring the auditory sound of my footsteps to a negligible level.

 

My knees feel like popping out of their positions, but to that end, I just mentally numb the pain  while enduring the growing fatigue in my body.

 

After a while, I manage to go past the hazardous obstacles and arrive at the top of the hill. Then, I realize that this hill is in truth an elevated ground that encircles the building as its center. At the center of this circular-shaped ground, the ground is lower than the edge of it and stands the building that I saw from that forest’s boundary.

 

Needless to say, I am still hunkering down to lower my presence as I quickly while cautiously tread down the circular hill encapsulating the building. After that, the building is now standing in front of me as I start observing it.

 

A plainly dilapidated building in the form of a house stands before me. Its size is large and it contains two floors. Its structural material seems to be entirely that of wood as parts of its wood wall have rotten from years of clear neglect and environmental inflictions. But this plainly crumbling large house is immensely better than living under a tree’s trunk!

 

Without thinking much about it, I start to walk around the building, no, my house to further observe its surrounding components.

 

And so after that, I am able to realize that my house is a bit lifeless given that there is only a well in its surroundings, however, that is the bare minimum to sustain my life.

 

Since this place holds no useful tree and hunting is observably not an option, the well can aid me in making farms. But I do need to find proper seeds first which I presently do not have. Additionally, there is a cloth drying line built here that has its contents, but that is just an abandoned cloth drying place due to it being visibly derelict.

 

With my house possessing these slight features, I can finally practice magic with my heart’s content! And after reaching half of my desired power, maybe at the level of killing a dragon, I can finally roleplay various roles!

 

I can take the role of a mysterious force in the shadows. Or a ruin’s guardian. Or maybe powerful people wandering across the world. Or maybe to the level of being a saintess. Ohhhh the boundless possibilities, the sea stretches vastly!

 

However, though the sounds of those excite my inner heart, I should try to focus on roleplaying a single role first before accomplishing the others so the world would not quickly get tired by the incessant amount of powerful presences roaming around.

 

“C-Children!?”

 

But then abruptly, the figure of a woman materializes from the opened door of my house’s entrance in front of me and instantaneously captures my attention. She displays a perplexed expression while her movements exhibit hesitation.

 

Is she… a human? But this place is clearly neglected.

 

Wait. Then, is she, no, this being a monster with a morphing ability!? And also, how did I know the words that thing said even though it sounds way different than the languages in Earth!?

 

Immediately after thinking about that, I strongly grip the girl’s body in my arms before I thrust myself towards the hill before climbing it. Due to that, I am now safely outside of that morphed monster’s possible range of attack…

 

-is the imagination that plays in my mind.

 

In truth, what immediately happens is that even before having the chance of veering my body towards the hill, it suddenly topples harshly to the patches of grass as I lose hold on the girl.

 

Her body somehow lands itself on top of me after we plummet to the ground, causing my consciousness to disperse and quickly engulfed in dimness.

 

Damn gods!!! All of you better reincarnate me… back…… he…… re………

3