Angry Mob
114 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Apparently, I am transported into the flower field again. 

 

I was just waiting outside the bathroom for Ercilla and Haru to finish their work, but then suddenly, a rift of voidness which I had seen in the past when I was still on Earth appeared and swallowed me in whole. Thus. ending me inside this strange place again which is also the place where I met my perfect clone.

 

Oh, and by the way, Haru is the name given by Ercilla for my second body and Kein as my name.

 

Different from last time, I am now alone inside this peculiar field of flowers with the added layer of uneasiness from the uncanny tranquility of this place.

 

This place is really strange. There is seriously nothing here besides the flowers brimming the floor and insects flying around here. Not a single building to be seen. Not a sight of a person to talk to, or at least a talkable entity.

 

That said, what happened for me to end up in this place again? I mean, I am seriously certain that all I ever did while waiting for the two to amuse themselves was just sending a silver flower to Reina.

 

I just realized it while I was waiting that the random magic stone I gave her had a slight error in its adjustment to only allow two certain beings to utilize its embedded power. It was on the part of tweaking its specific particle movements of the mana to improve its range of doable distance, but well, Reina will be fine with just that. Highly probable conclusion.

 

And so after that, it led me to the creation of a silver flower to replace a faulty product with a newly and above being a properly fancied usable item instead of just a plain rock that should be serving its purpose. The flower was imbued with a proper teleportation magic which functions as a gateway for me to instantly teleport to her through that flower after leaving a mark of my previous location to return to.

 

Of course, I did not fly to get there, rather I had only flown the flower through magic.

 

I had mentally created a screen-like view of where the flower was moving, so it was a bit time-consuming while doing that. I will admit it though, that rock feels kind of amazing to have with you despite its lame appearance, but that is just my honest personal opinion.

 

I do not know what has happened to Ercilla, but it is likely that she was also transported here since this place seems to be the surest place for me to arrive at whenever I lose consciousness. Due to that, I am currently finding her.

 

I can not just leave her after she has enormously eased my life on the path of reaching half of my full power. She has basically pampered me throughout the two years we have been living together and through that, the sense of gratitude within me had far surpassed that of my former comrades.

 

On top of sheltering me, she always risked herself by passing through the abnormal animals at the outskirts of the house’s hill and into the forest of which I greatly despise. She did all of that just to snip some food while being constantly watched by the weird animals and the hella cool deer, even at night.

 

I think she did not notice it but there had been many instances of the forest’s inhabitants waiting for her to enter deeper into the forest.

 

Seriously. She is such a person to have to be able to withstand such mountaining pressure.

 

On the subject of power, granted, I can be certain that two ogres is manageable. It is questionable for three ogres, but I mean, like, at least there is progress. It is unarguably better than staying in a stagnant state and be stepped outside of my own grandiose stage, that would be hella shameful to the point that I might just die from the intense despair and unimaginable embarrassment from being beaten up by my own enemy.

 

“Magic is the pinnacle of everything!” - or the sort. Truly, magic is everything for imagination!

 

While thinking about the magnificence of a certain power, I am walking around the endless garden of flowers in a willful effort to find Ercilla.

 

As I am currently alone without anyone else and even Haru around, added with the unexpected inability of magic usage, it is astronomically hard to find her among the various forms of flowers.

 

I am practically physically searching her while shouting her name, swaying beds of flowers around to check their underneath.

 

However, just as I look up the sky to relax my strained eyes, my body freezes in shock.

 

“Why is that… pitch black?”

 

Within my eyesight, the sky is visibly dark in contrast to the well-lit ground.

 

Wait, holdddddd on a second.

 

However, heavily diverging from my certain conclusion, the appearance of a goddess-like figure is what perplexingly appears as the sky returns to normal.

 

“Woofie… please, protect her.”

 

The floating woman in pristine and exposing clothes then sheds tears of sadness after she says so.

 

Wait.

 

“Lamentably, I am incapable of bestowing you powers to aid you in such a heavy task as to prevent Khaos of which you acknowledge as Black Devourer from consuming you, but please, I wholeheartedly request of you to keep her alive…”

 

Holdddddd on. That part…

 

How the hell does she know that!?

 

“How did you know what my two big sis call me!??”

 

“H-huh?”

 

But I do not even get the slightest chance of hearing that exhibitionist woman’s answer as the world is plunged into darkness.

 

————<>———O———<>————

 

When I open my eyes again, through me and Haru's eyes, I can immediately see humanoid figures gathering around me as their eyes peer into my disheveled eyes.

 

Damn it, did I get transported to another one of those places!?

 

As I am being filled with fear and adrenaline, I forcibly try to raise myself and Haru to stand up so that I can escape the place. But when I do so, my unknowingly weakened muscles and hers greatly strike against the pumping adrenaline within us, effortlessly returning us both to the ground violently.

 

No, I will not let my magic be wasted from just this!

 

I immediately utilize magic to substitute for weakened muscles, but my mind goes blank the next second when I am not able to cast anything. Just as that happened, I realize that there is no mana within me.

 

What happened to my mana!?

 

As I mentally say in panic while me and Haru’s faces are directed away from the ground, I am able to notice that Ercilla has also been transported with me along with the knowledge of having an increasing activity among the figures.

 

But, this is bad. Seriously bad. We both are absolutely incapacitated!

 

“Fuck your beliefs man, these two are clearly injured!”

 

“You dare belittle the almighty God of War!?”

 

While squirming my bodies in an attempt to energize both of my bodies’ mysteriously weakened muscles, I am eavesdropping on their conversations given that it is the second only thing I can do at the moment, but I can not make out if they are hostile or not.

 

It does not take a while for me and Haru to tire and stop moving from the fatigue, leaving only both of our organs and eyelid muscles to function at a barely life-pulsing efficiency.

 

Damn it, I am really in a hopeless situation. It can not even be called extremely difficult to overcome!

 

“H-Hey! Stop that!”

 

“Don't start fighting each other!”

 

I have completely stopped both of my bodies from moving to the level of closing my eyes. It is to purely conserve and recover my lost strength to its former state, even though the former is also considerably impeded. But my current strength is barely enough to support life for both of my bodies.

 

I do not know how it happened, but the effects applied to me are affecting both of my bodies. It is the same as harming one of them will also harm the other. Thus, forcing me to do so.

 

When my strength has recovered to a bare minimum, at the corner of my unmoving bodies' heavy eyes with blurriness, I am able to silently witness a group of humanoid figures being restrained by several other humanoid figures while the shorter ones are just watching their fights. Some staring in my direction.

 

I can not make out those onlookers' expressions, so I am not able to guess what their intentions are as the other humanoid figures that cursed at the rebelling group are picking me, Haru and Ercilla up from the ground.

 

Are these entities split into different factions because of me and Ercilla? Seriously, if that is it, I truly hope it is not regarding the topic of dividing their food.

 

“You fools! Your action will drive this village into chaos!!!”

 

“Those children will bring misfortune to us!!!”

 

Wait. Is it seriously not that!? And the angry group is seriously trying to wring me out!

 

While ruminating about the figures’ true intentions, the conversations ensue as I try to comprehend the ongoing situation through the perceptions of hearing and vision from both of my bodies.

 

After a while of doing that while in the arms of the men, I am able to realize that all of the humanoid figures are truthfully humans.

 

They seem to have been split into three factions, which are the angry group, bystanders and calm people. Each group encompasses adults and teens of male and female. Some of the people in the bystanders group are holding all of the people within the angry group while the calm group are carrying me, Haru and Ercilla.

 

Two men are carrying me and Haru in their arms independently while Ercilla's unconscious body requires two men to carry her.

 

They are all dressed in plain clothes. The tall people are adults and teens while the short people are children.

 

The man carrying Haru holds her body firmly in his defined arms before he turns his body to face the angry mob.

 

Haru’s heavy eyes peek at the people in heat while our respiratory lungs are barely working, causing each of our breaths to sound raggedly. Due to that, a majority of the people around me are stimulated by the sight of my states and causing them to side with the calm group instead.

 

That is not my intention. But their behavior only further proves my thoughts of the calm group being non-hostile.

 

“Look, we're just doing what a sane person would do in front of two children and a woman who are clearly injured. Can't you notice the problem of executing these harmless people!?”

 

E-Executing!?

 

And the people carrying us. They are really allies!

 

“Can't you see!? Those demons were the one responsible for the world's nigh destruction!”

 

“Oh dear lord, just send those demons and that demonic mother to the church to be dealt with accordingly-, or is that you want to curse this land instead!?”

 

Wait. Is this religion buckets now? But Ercilla did not tell me about this…

 

Wait. Does that…?

 

Theorizing from the angry mob’s religious intent and its opposing force obstructing them, this place is basically tailored specifically for me to spread Ercilla’s religion.

 

Oohhhhh, how long have I been waiting to go outside while jabbing at Ercilla to get out of the forest, I am finally able to truly strive for the role of two helpless yet powerful kids!

 

Hold on. It has even already started!!!

 

M-M-M-My mind!!!!????

 

While trying to manage my exploding emotions that are creating havoc in my mind, I continue to eavesdrop and notice some of the people around me are plastering their faces with an anxious look, specifically towards Haru.

 

Damn yea!

 

Salivate the sight of feared hopeless children!!!

 

“Complete lunatics!”

 

”Don’t make me laugh. I know how those bastards handle all sorts of ‘demonic possession’. You guys think I’d go up and listen again to your sickening words? All of you same bastards are the cause of my daughter’s death!”

 

After the man defined-arms man says that, the angry group immediately start to fume in rage and bash the calm people with vile and curse words.

 

This man has just single-handedly boiled several kettles at once with just his mouth. Also, I think my mind has calmed a bit which has allowed me to avoid death from lack of oxygen.

 

After that, all of the remaining people in the calm group and bystanders group start halting the angry mob’s movements from nearing us, leaving only the men carrying me, Haru and Ercilla to walk away from them.

 

And so, while we are being carried to somewhere else, switching through my impaired vision between me and Haru, I am able to see the surroundings as we pass by them.

 

There are only a few houses here and there with each of them being considerably in a better state than Ercilla's house. All of them are made of wood but are smaller in size in comparison to our house. They are also far more lively and alluring than the dilapidated house.

 

That is not to say that I despise Ercilla's house. Honestly, I like that place for the quietness and tranquility, however, it is extremely obscured from the outside which has troubled me throughout the years.

 

If I have to pick between the two for the current me, I would unhesitantly choose this village wholeheartedly.

 

That said, after we are carried past several houses, we eventually arrive in front of a building with a sign hanging at the top of its door.

 

Ercilla had only taught me a few basic words, so I am not able to properly make out the words on the sign other than “Infirmary” engraved on to it.

 

The man carrying me, or Haru, gazes at me in silence before he looks at the door in front of him and knocks it.

 

“Y-Yes? Ah-”

 

Peeking through the partially opened door, a meek-looking girl with lime hair and glasses glances between the men, me, Haru and Ercilla.

 

“Asori, Can you diagnose what is happening to them?”

 

“I-It depends.”

 

After she stutters that, they then move in and let the lime girl guide them along the way.

 

I can see your surprised eyes peeking at me and Haru, so you do not have to keep fixing your glasses.

 

“You know where Jake is?”

 

“Ah-!”

 

“Hmm? Is there something wrong?”

 

“N-No, it’s nothing.”

 

The lime girl tries to calm her mind after startled by one of the men's sudden question before fixing her glasses again.

 

The defined man notices it, but he only stays silent.

 

“H-he told me he has s-something to do a-at the capital before going there.”

 

“Oh. Thanks for that.”

 

So saying, it does not take a while for us to arrive at a certain room guided by the lime girl.

 

Inside, an abundance of exposed beds fill the room's tight space. The rays of light casting through the windows constructed at the top of the walls illuminates the room with natural lighting as dust flies timelessly within the rays of light.

 

Since the current time is afternoon, warm color fills up the visibly neglected room.

 

Each bed does not have any privacy measure, utterly exposing me, Haru and Ercilla for them to see. Several derelict furniture also furnish the room but they are not on the same level as the insides of Ercilla’s house.

 

After seconds have passed, almost all of the men have already left the room, leaving only a single of them and the lime girl standing beside Haru while the lime girl is stretching her arms towards Haru's body on the bed.

 

Particles of magic are emanating from the lime girl's stretched hands, causing her pupils to glow as well.

 

Amidst both of my bodies' heavy eyes and ragged breathing, the lime girl flashes a troubled face.

0