It Seems I’m Going To Die
70 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Did you find any?”

 

Asori's hesitating movements are plenty obvious to the eyes, allowing even the defined-man at her side to notice it.

 

I get that she is scanning Haru's for the nonexistent wounds, but what did she see within my second body for her to react that way? I am sure I was only forcibly teleported here and there…

 

Oh, and also, I am currently figuring out the cause for my sudden disappearance of my mana, or magic's essence in other words. Since I am unable to use magic at the moment, it may be a while for me to arrive at a concrete conclusion.

 

“Ah-!”

 

Asori is surprised for the second time. She quickly fixes her glasses again while easing herself before meekly apologizes to the man.

 

“She doesn't appear to have internal or external wounds. Her heart and lungs' normal function are impeded along with her other organs but they are not serious and are not damaged in any way, so we can only wait for her to recover with time.”

 

Astonishingly, Asori does not stammer her articulation. Though when the group of men were carrying us, her speeches were a mess.

 

It suggests that the lime girl probably has a special relationship with that defined-man but it is a mere theory in the end, so that is that.

 

The defined-man seems to be contemplating about something as Asori turns her attention to me and Ercilla. Then, he turns his head towards Asori.

 

“Do you know what kind of illness they have gotten? How can their organs be like that even though there has been no form of damage?”

 

“I'm sorry, my skills and knowledge are still lacking, so I can't answer that question but-”

 

She halts her next line as if it traumatizes her, causing her to move her glowing eyes away from me and the defined-man after having finished her work.

 

Damn hell. It can not be that bad, right? I mean, I was really just teleported and I am certain time is on my side for my mana recovery.

 

“...what is it?”

 

She only stays silent after that while glancing at Haru's gloomy complexion.

 

Since I am staring at her through Haru, her eyes are greatly turned gloomy the moment we make eye contact.

 

“...the kids have to be bedridden for… some… time…”

 

“...what do you mean?”

 

Asori inhales a deep breath before returning her sight towards the shocked defined-man.

 

Lime girl, what really did you see? Seriously.

 

“Ah-, I-I mean, I don't know how they received such an abnormal magic's effect to the point of them dy-, suffering total incapacitation. B-But you don't have to worry, Leon! I'm sure there is a proper medication that Jake collected-”

 

Immediately after she says that, she hurryingly treads to a dusty shelf and scours its contents.

 

The shelf is packed with a myriad of labeled and nameless containers of varying sizes, and has small glass doors. Through the aid of the light shafts, the accumulated dust from the shelf is floating within the beams of light while the lime is disturbing the shelf but despite its amount, the shelf's inside is relatively clean.

 

Seeing the lime girl in an active state, the defined-man looks at her in surprise before suddenly bursting out a laugh.

 

“Haha, I see, I see! Asori, I completely understand it, so you don't have to bring it that far.”

 

“Ah-, I-I'm sorry. It's a h-habit of mine, yes, just a h-habit!”

 

“Is that so? Then, there is nothing to worry about except their dull state, right? If so, we can just take care of them until they are fully healed.”

 

“Y-Yes, we can do that.”

 

While hearing their exchanges, images of the mysterious tentacles and that peculiar exhibitionist woman suddenly passed through my mind.

 

Could it be that those tentacles have secretly involved themselves to zero out my mana for another magic awakening? Although I have already received the ability of magic interaction, was it due to it being still in a developing state after having lived with it for more than two years, and it has just recently completed its course? Granted, my magic has been upsetting me during the past years or past times due to its tedious intricate work to even make anything out of it functional, so it is a possibility.

 

Or, could it have been the work of that exhibitionist? It was my first time seeing that nigh naked woman and she had uttered the matter of protecting someone and stating Black Devourer is actually Khaos which was also 'consuming' me 

 

I think she is a god or the sort, concluding from her speech's contents and her specific outward appearance. But then it does not explain my mana disappearance, let alone only increasing my question.

 

Wait. Hoooold on.

 

These two images… are they related!? It all makes sense to me when I have combined these two into a single interpretation through pure curiosity.

 

The black tentacles which are in truth, Black Devourer or Khaos and the exhibitionist woman which is conclusively Ercilla's known-deceased god, they are significantly intertwined!

 

T-Thus, does not that mean the eraser itself has been trying to delete my existence for whatever reason but has also been stopped by that exhibitionist!!?

 

What unimaginable power does that exhibitionist woman-, no, my true savior withhold!!!??

 

“Alright, see you later in the next morning, Asori.”

 

“G-Good night, Leon.”

 

My brain, too much, dopamine… or what is it called?

 

“Did I just do the correct actions… I don't have the necessary knowledge to treat this kind of magic, or even its general knowledge… Jake, I'm really sorry for being really useless as your assistance… I'm… sorry…”

 

Just as I have calmed down from the mind-shattering discovery, I finally realize the lime girl is sobbing beside my feebly laying female body and the defined-man is now nowhere to be seen.

 

Did she call him, Hion, or is it Leeon…? Well, it does not matter in the end.

 

And so, the cause of me being in this state must be from the rapid erasure of my essence of existence when I was impaled with multiple black rods, then being saved by that all-powerful god before subjecting me in this state as a side effect. Damn yea, it all makes sense now!

 

However, I will have to aptly consider my future course from now on due to the event of both of my bodies having essentially merged closer into a single unit. I mean, although my sole mind is wholly controlling both bodies, the event of sudden mana disappearance has also entailed the sharing of any effect incurred by only one body will affect the other one.

 

It likely happened to prevent Khaos from, well, 'consuming' me, according to that all-powerful god.

 

What is the reason for Khaos to erase me if given the chance? Did I invoke something while I was training magic back on Earth? Or is it that I have a special hidden essence within me that Khaos wants which then elicited it to solely target me? Or maybe someone had cursed me on Earth? But then again, I can only wait for the future to obtain the truth.

 

Having said that, the lime girl has been weeping tearfully to the point that her cheeks have become puffy.

 

“I'm sorry for not telling him the truth, I just can't bring myself to watch him break by the truth. The illness is extremely similar to the one his deceased daughter lost against. The gradual disintegration of mana itself, the hurtful slow death, I'm really… useless…”

 

Though you say that, the water runs deeper than its surface's looks. But then again, I will not die wastefully for that all-powerful god is on my side.

 

“B-But I'll try my hardest to cure you two! Although Jake is not here right now, I promise to make it happen!”

 

When she says so, her eyes glow as she handles my female body. Soon after that, I am handled by her before handling Ercilla's body but the time spent is significantly shorter than either of my bodies.

 

She diligently writes something in her notepad that she has taken out from her pocket, bids me goodnight, then paces out of the room.

 

Oh, I forgot to mention that her attire is just a single level-up from the villagers of this village. It does not bear the aura of a medic and is more inclined towards only a better comfort and looks in comparison with the villagers' average attire.

 

That said, as it is now night, the room is lit up purely from the moonlight shafting through the upper small windows as dust serenely floats across the rays of light. And with the time I am forced to undergo, I close my eyes to rest my bodies. But then Ercilla suddenly wakes up.

 

She groans in pain while pressing her hand against her forehead.

 

“Agh-, what just happened…?”

 

It seems Ercilla is utterly confused by the current event, seeing that she keeps turning her head around before eventually settling on me with a shocked face.

 

Just as that happens, I realize the perfect solution for my current detriment.

 

The all-important pendant!

 

“H-Haru? Kein!? Are you two alright!??”

 

Ercilla hurriedly reaches for Haru since she is closest to Ercilla. Although Ercilla often stumbles while treading to my other body, she reaches her soon after several flailings.

 

Ercilla gently holds her and makes an anxious face.

 

“Don't worry, child. I'll protect both of you and escape this place together.”

 

Saying that, she forces herself to carry my other body and me with her but the outcome is imaginably impossible and only inflicts pain to my bodies from the stress.

 

Ercilla, seriously, there is no need to pick such a route. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell her notwithstanding my wish, implicitly and explicitly. So, my fate is certain to only be manipulated freely by others, which is Ercilla for the present time. But, above all else, the glowing of that pendant is all the more significant.

 

While Ercilla spiritedly makes attempts, the effective distance between my bodies with the glowing pendant is causing rapid healing within my body to occur. Granted, it oddly does not fix my zeroed mana but I am feeling the rapid changes occurring within me, primarily the separation of my sudden conjoined bodies' perceptions back to their independent state.

 

As Ercilla is the last follower of that all-powerful god, the pendant's power is likely directly sourced from that god, conjecturing from that god's words. Also, it did say of protecting someone, which is undoubtedly Ercilla.

 

All that said, that is right. At least I get to unbind myself from the new detrimental feature of possessing two bodies.

 

But then before I get to relax and let the active night sink to tranquility, the sudden emergence of a clearly hostile creature from that angry group makes the night vigorous.

0