Chapter 6: Forgiveness cookies
218 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look up at Lucien and finally ask him something I’ve been wondering for the past 7 days now:

“Why? *COUGH* Why go for Alexie? Why tell Fraldy to avoid me?”

This time, Lucien bends down and actually starts whispering in my ear:

“I don’t actually care about that girl, you mud crawlers all look the same to me anyways. Our family just so happened to be missing some breeding stock. As for Fraldy, I simply send him to the academy to embarrass my little brother. Those weren’t the only reasons of course, you got in my way, and I thoroughly destroy things that get in my way, you know, to send a message.”

I feel relieved hearing that. To hear that I wasn’t in the wrong, to confirm that he’s an entitled, spoiled prick who just so happened to be born into a family of wealth…

After Lucien and his cronies left, I wiped the blood of my mouth and headed to the cafeteria, it was already lunchtime.

I pop my head through the open cafeteria-door trying to spot fraldy.

A lot of students there are upset and complaining:

“What the hell? How come all the spice cartridges are suddenly missing? And why won’t these stupid things print anything without them?!”

I suddenly notice Fraldy out of the corner of my eye banging on one of the food printers. I walk up to him and tap him on the shoulder.

“Yo, Fraldy.”

“Ugh, Ryder, I thought I already told you we couldn’t hang out anymore.”

“I know Fral, I know… It’s just that, I was thinking and… I get it, this is your big dream! You finally managed to go to the academy… I realized that I was kind of being a dick. I think I was just a bit jealous.”

“Oh wow, thanks Ryder, how mature of you… I heard about Alexie… That sucks man, I’m sure you’ll find someone else. Take this as advice from your ‘used-to-be best friend’: you shouldn’t try and win her back, you simply can’t compete with Lucien.”

I grit my teeth as a vein on my forehead starts to throb:

“Gee, thanks for the advice buddy.”

“Well, I should get going, I don’t want Lucien to see us togheter.”

“Wait! The reason I wanted to speak with you… Actually, I was thinking that we could become friends again once you graduate from the academy. Of course, I didn’t forget that I yelled at you and made a big scene… I even made some preparations so that you’ll have to forgive me.”

I then take out a see-through, plastic bag of cookies from my bag and jiggle them in front of Fraldy, who can’t help but smile a little.

“Oh you… You’re right, the least I could do is accept these apology-cookies, those are the rules after all... Thanks Ry, I’ll definitely come visit you if I’m ever near Centauri. By the way, I love what you did with your hair.”

After accepting the little bag of cookies, he holds out a hand, which I shake.

“Thanks! I asked my dad to cut it. Oh by the way, Fral, I know you can’t be seen with me, but when does the shuttle depart? I want to go wave you goodbye.”

“Right, I can’t wave back of course, but if you want to see me on the shuttle, it departs at four PM… So in three hours I guess.”

“Great! I’ll see you there!”

Of course, I won’t see you there Fraldy, on account of the fact that you’ll be spending the rest of your day on the toilet… I hope… Please eat those cookies…

I used an entire bottle of laxatives as the secret ingredient to bake those cookies with, they better keep you on the toilet for a while…

Of course, this is his ‘big dream’ so he might even consider wearing a diaper in order to board the shuttle… I can’t let that happen.

The clock strikes 15.30, some people have already started boarding the shuttle… Time to give some positive, reassuring news to Fraldy.

I open the instant-messaging app on my holo-phone, which is still logged into the account of Alexie, and shoot Fraldy a message. Thank god she is addicted to the internet and uses my phone when hers runs out of juice.

Hey, so like, where are you? Lucien is afraid something happened to you, he was able to delay the shuttle for another 2 hours. But they’ll leave after that.

Did I sound convincing? I should right? I’ve been dating the girl for 5 years…

I won’t shut off the phone, that way, I can instantly read his reply and Alexie shouldn’t get a notification…

After a couple of seconds I get a message back from fraldy:

Thank god he was able to delay the shuttle, I was just about to text you since Lucien didn’t give me his number. I did indeed encounter some problems, your ex-boyfriend poisoned me! That dumbass was probably jealous… Too bad for him that his plan failed! I’ll probably be able to make it to the shuttle in an hour or so, maybe an hour and a half.

I text back:

No way?! Did he really poison you? OMG… Are you okay? Which poison did he use? Should I send help or something?”

After yet another couple of seconds I get a reply.

Don’t worry about it, he used some pretty dangerous stuff, but I’ll be fine. Make sure that bastard pays for this!

Dangerous? Those laxatives were pretty strong, but I wouldn’t call them dangerous… But I guess admitting that you can’t close your sphincter anymore would be pretty embarrassing…

I reply:

He’ll definitely be punished once I tell the enforcers about it! You can take your time, Lucien said that the shuttle will only leave once you are on it.

Yes… Please take as much time as you need Fraldy…

11