Chapter 4
51 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sadik wondered what he should wear. He had half a mind to show up in his Prada suit. Just to see the reaction of the priest. Then, he thought on what would happen if the people in the mosque found out and discarded the idea.

No, sunglasses, a tight T-shirt, plain green, and jeans should do. He even got his boring pair. The one that didn’t have any rips on it. It did hug his legs wonderfully, so he was ok with that.

After showering, he dressed up. Then, he remembered that he hadn’t told the lamb when to expect him. But, the service at the church must be in the mornings. Same as in the mosque.

Deciding that Nikola would wait for him, regardless, he searched in his fridge and found cream and strawberries. While he didn’t need to eat food, he liked to indulge himself. It didn’t hurt, and it was not like he could get fat.

He made two fruit salads and placed them in boxes. Then, before closing them, he piled on the cream. He bagged the breakfast and went outside. Nikola was in front of his house, sitting on his front porch and drinking coffee. He looked as if he hadn’t slept a wink. Sadik knew for a fact that, when a vampire bonds and then left the bonded mortal hanging, this happens.

Let the lamb think that the kiss was that amazing. All the better to swoop him off his feet. Sadik stopped before Nikola and pulled up his glasses and made them rest on his head.

“Good morning, Niki,” Nikola smiled upon seeing him and Sadik took out one of the boxes and handed it to Nikola. Then, he took out a spoon and handed that over too. “Breakfast before we go to save our souls.”

Nikola chuckled and opened the box. Then, his smile widened.

“Strawberries are my favorite fruit,” Sadik grinned. He hadn’t known that, but then again, he was good at guessing at times.

“I like them too. Eat up. Do I get a kiss for bringing food?” Nikola’s cheeks colored red, and he placed the box on the table next to him.

“Trading favors for kisses, now, are you?” Sadik thought it was adorable that the lamb was attempting to play hard to get.

“I am shameless like that,” Nikola chocked on air, and he grabbed his spoon. Soon, he was shoveling strawberries in his mouth.

“You will eat that and then answer?” Sadik was not in the market of letting his pets get off easy.

“I…fine. But just one,” Sadik grinned and then began to eat his salad. When he was done, he looked at Nikola who was still blushing, but he was now staring at his empty box.

“Now that you are fed, I want to get something sweater than strawberries and cream,” Sadik winked and leaned in. Nikola’s hands went to hold his shoulders this time. The lamb wanted this, but he was too much of a choir boy to admit it.

Sadik didn’t bother biting Nikola this time. He just leaked the brown-haired man’s lips when he was done, and then rose his mouth to the man’s forehead. He gave it a light kiss and stood there, waiting for Nikola’s eyes to open.

When nothing happened for a while, Sadik decided to tease some more.

“Do you want another kiss, lamb? Should I be concerned about my virtue?” Nikola’s eyes snapped open and he blinked.

“Sorry,” Sadik took Nikola’s right hand just as Nikola was about to retreat it and gave the knuckles a light kiss.

“Anytime,” Nikola regarded him for a full minute, staring at his hand. And then, his fingers gently took hold of Sadik’s.

“I couldn’t sleep last night,” admitted the Bulgarian, and Sadik hummed. “I kept dreaming of you. And this must be a game to you, but I have never felt like this before.”

Sadik moved their hands so that their fingers were entwined. He rubbed gentle circles with his fingers over the hand, and then reached out and took Nikola’s other hand. Then, he brought the two together.

To an outside spectator, they would look like a couple. There was clarity in Nikola’s eyes. More than there should have been with the bond. Sadik checked the man’s mind. It was not cloudy at all. No desire swimming in the forefront of his mind that had any magic to it.

Just raw attraction. Not even lust. Sadik was surprised. No one had ever resisted bonding with him. Not even other vampires. Yet, here Nikola was, with all his faculties and still wanting him.

Then, Sadik noticed that Nikola was staring at their hands as if hypnotized. Right, he had just all but told Sadik he might be in love. And Sadik was keeping mum. Time to talk.

“You are special, Niki,” which was the truth. The man had done something a team of hackers couldn’t. And all that with a few clicks. “And handsome,” another truth, and something told Sadik he was just as pretty on the inside as he was on the outside. “And I would very much like for you to take me to church.”

Sadik left the implications of his last sentence to hang in the air between them. Nikola blushed again, then nodded.

“Right. The sermon is in half an hour,” he then stood up and Sadik reluctantly let him go. “Granted, it is Wednesday, so it will be a small one. Still, you might get to meet some people.”

Sadik had no desire to mingle with churchgoers. And he knew most of his neighbors. Still, it would make Nikola happy if he played nice. So, he nodded.

“Come on, I left my car by my house,” their houses faced each other. While Nikola’s was a plain beige with roses in the garden. All a pleasant yellow.

Sadik’s was a three-story dark brown house with terraces that were covered in various plants. He also had a date palm in the back. Granted, he had to make sure it didn’t freeze in the winter, but he liked this little piece of home.

5