Chapter 28
30 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The great cleaning spree, as Sadik called it, took them three hours. It was not like there were stains. But, there wasn’t a vacuum, either. So, they have first used a broom and then dusted everything. The place was cozy, albeit it didn’t have some of the luxuries that a normal house had.

Like a TV or a microwave. Sadik had skipped his episode to clean and, when Abraxas came into the house looking green and with five fish, he was allowed to watch it on Nikola’s laptop.

Nikola went in the kitchen area as Abraxas went in the guest room to rest. Nikola cleaned the fish and placed it on the grill after salting it. As Sadik waited for the dinner to be cooked, he watched the episode. This time Fatma kissed Adil, which made Sadik happy. And, as it turns out, her child was from him. Adil demanded a marriage and Fatma slapped him again.

Sadik sighed and looked at Nikola. He, at least, was not playing with him anymore. He blinked when he saw that the fish was already on the plates. Standing up, he knocked on the guest door.

“Abraxas, will you eat?” Abraxas groaned from inside and shuffled to the door. He opened it, face red. “Do you have a fever?”

“The lake was cold. I might be feverish, yes,” Abraxas looked at Sadik pointedly, but Sadik crossed his arms over his chest. “I take it you won’t share the morsel?”

“He has a name!” Snapped Sadik.

“How do you usually call him?” Well, Sadik could admit that Abraxas got him there.

“Lamb,” Abraxas managed a snort before going back to the bed and plopping down on it.

“Cute nickname. Better than pet,” Sadik lingered in the doorway. He felt uncomfortable at the implication.

“I gave you that nickname because I loved you. But, those feelings are long gone, Abraxas,” Abraxas nodded and turned around in the bed so his back was turned to Sadik.

“It is good that you moved on. I was worried when I kept receiving gifts from you every birthday,” then, Abraxas grew silent and Sadik left the room. It was good to know that Abraxas didn’t harbor any bad feelings towards him. It eased his mind, somewhat.

Going back to Nikola, he saw him saying a prayer.

“Done?” Asked Sadik when he sat down.

“Quite. Let us eat,” Sadik took some fish. It was good, albeit simplistic.

“Guess we will be eating what Abraxas catches. Do you have a fishing and hunting permit?” Nikola nodded.

“I pay for it every year. If the wildlife services make a problem, we can show it to them and tell them I caught whatever it was that Abraxas caught,” Sadik grinned at that. Granted, he doubted that someone was going to bother coming to this house. So remote it was. But, it was nice to have an insurance.

“And I placed a barrier around the house, while we cleaned. Little carvings in the wood. This cottage won’t be blowing up,” Sadik looked around. When had Nikola done so? And, when had he learned to?”

“Uriel trained me, when I was little. But, I chose to forget,” Sadik nodded.

“So, can you show me some angel magic?” He wiggled his eyebrows and Nikola levitated the fish in his plate. Then, he gently let it back down.

“Mind you, I am not the best at this. Uriel can probably pick up mountains with his thoughts. But, then again, I am half human,” Sadik was staring at the fish with amazement.

“This is quite the feat already. Are there some regulations for what you do?” Nikola became thoughtful, then.

“I am not supposed to do magic before mortals, but, you are not a mortal. And, I suppose there are no more limits. I don’t use my power for much. So, I am not begrudged me using it,” Sadik stared at the icon that was behind Nikola. It was the same one from his office.

“Have you met, or heard from, your God?” Sadik was curious because, if Nikola had and Sadik had not heard from Allah, then, Nikola had one up on him.

“Never. I just met with Uriel from time to time. There was this time I got talked into eating too much sugar by Gabriel, but that was during my more imaginative years,” two angels, both Archangels. Nikola was truly blessed to know them. No wonder he believed in his faith so fervently, even when he didn’t remember them.

“I am a bit jealous. I never got visited by angels. Well, bar you,” Sadik winked at Nikola as the Bulgarian looked down at his plate.

“I am not an angel, Sadik. I am a Nephilim,” they heard the door of the guest room loudly open and a triumphant Abraxas came out. Looking like Christmas had come earlier.

“I knew you weren’t human! Who are your parents? Where are they now? Can I drink from you? I can pay!” He spoke rapid fire, and Nikola’s frown deepened with each word.

“You listened in?” Nikola got an evil smile then. “That is smiting worthy.”

Abraxas looked at Sadik.

“He burned my hand when I attempted to have my way with him. So, he can,” Nikola stood up and edged towards Abraxas.

“Look, let us talk about this. Mister angel, you are not very angelic now!” And Abraxas took off running, with Nikola hot on his heels. Sadik grinned. He knew that Nikola wouldn’t smite Abraxas, but it was good to see him having fun.

And, Abraxas could do with being brought down a peg or two. Just as he thought that, Abraxas tripped on a stool and fell down. Nikola stopped and began to laugh.

“I am alive?” Nikola offered his hand to the dawned vampire, who looked at him like he could burn him.

“I won’t smite you. It was just a joke. I suppose that keeping secrets will damage our friendship. Come on. I’ll explain,” Nikola pulled up Abraxas and dusted him off. Then, he sat on the love seat. Sadik went and sat by him as Abraxas dragged a chair from the kitchen table.

“Now this, I need to hear,” and Sadik shared the sentiment.    

3