Chapter 30
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A car pulled over to the parking lot and Abraxas immediately got glued to the window.

“It is Fernando,” a man took out a gun out of his car. Then, he placed it back inside and cursed. “And there are really wards!”

“Did you doubt me?” Nikola was drinking coffee. They have waited up for quite some time until Fernando found his way to them. And, Nikola found that he hadn’t been able to keep awake without the dark beverage.

“He is a six, at best. Maybe an upper five,” commented Sadik next to Nikola.

“Are you showing appreciation towards other people’s lovers?” Sadik grinned. The doorbell rang and Nikola got up to answer. Upon seeing Fernando, he got a wide grin. Then, he punched him in the nose.

“That is for my house,” said Nikola as Fernando clutched at his nose. The black-haired man narrowed his brown eyes in a glare, but remained standing. “Do come in.”

Nikola stepped to the side and Fernando entered. When Abraxas saw him, he grinned. Fernando returned with a deeper glare.

“Your vampire spells won’t work forever, Abraxas. And then…” Fernando got a dangerous glint in his eyes.

“Niki, I dare say you’ll be doing dish washing for the violence,” teased Sadik as Nikola went to sit by him.

“Meh, I am used to it. I dare say that father Sergei will be understanding when I tell him I punched the one who blew up my house,” Abraxas got a mischievous look on his face.

“I take it the wards don’t block us from doing things? Just the newcomers?” Fernando looked confused at that.

“You mean, this is not vampire magic?” Abraxas pointed at Nikola.

“No, my ex’s lovely lover is half angelic. So, he made it happen,” Nikola frowned at Abraxas.

“Why did you have to tell him? Can’t you keep a secret?” He snapped at him, and Abraxas smiled sheepishly.

“I wanted to gloat. It is not every day that the bad guys get an angel groupie,” Nikola sighed and leaned on Sadik.

“How did you put up with him?” Sadik got a thoughtful look.

“Well, the sex was outstanding. Better than with you,” Abraxas smirked at Nikola and Nikola swatted at Sadik’s arm before standing up. “I mean, I’m sure you will get there!”

But Nikola was already in his bedroom and slamming the door in Sadik’s face. Fernando raised an eyebrow at Sadik, who just shrugged and went back to the love seat.

“I waited for almost two months. I can get some coldness now that he is mine,” Abraxas sighed.

“Typical Sadik. Romantic to a fault while the chase is on and then showing his real side when it is over. Can you give us some privacy?” Sadik looked at Fernando, then shrugged.

“If you need anything, I’ll be in your room,” and he went in the guest room.

Abraxas plopped in the love seat and patted the space next to him. Fernando sat on the chair Abraxas vacated.

“Oh, be that way. Look, Fern, you are being unreasonable. We had it good together. Sure, your kind hunts my kind, but…” Fernando looked around the house. Then back to Abraxas.

“Which one of the two is a vampire?” He said with a slight accent.

“Sadik. The tall, dark-skinned one. And he is quite the fighter. You won’t be able to take him. Not to mention angel guy might smite you if you do,” Fernando nodded.

“Why did you play your games with me?” Abraxas looked guilty at that.

“To be fair, I didn’t know that you were a vampire hunter when we met,” defended himself Abraxas. “And I fell for you. I wanted to turn you into someone like me. But then, you overreacted.”

“I overreacted? How would you have reacted if your lover suddenly had fangs, and he was fangs deep in your neck?” Abraxas shrugged.

“I remember asking him for another round, after. Then a couple of rounds in the morning,” Fernando shook his head.

“You shouldn’t have played your games with me! I loved you, Abraxas,” Abraxas got hopeful at that.

“Don’t you still, Fern? Because I am sorry for pushing your brother off the terrace. Granted, he shouldn’t have aimed a gun at me. And Philip had always come off as understanding,” Fernando’s face darkened at these words.

“He will never walk again!” He yelled and Abraxas held up a finger.

“And, if he had managed to shot point-blank, I would have been dead. And all that because you are closed off. What have vampires done to you, even? Or, do you hunt them on principle?”

“The church…” Abraxas barked a laugh.

“Behind this door,” he said and pointed at Nikola’s room. “Is a true believer. A Nephilim too. He doesn’t kill. Heck, he didn’t even want to have sex before marriage. Do you think you know more than him? That you are more righteous than him?”

Fernando looked at the door, confused.

“What is he doing with a vampire?”

“The same thing you did,” Abraxas winked. Realization hit Fernando.

“He and that other man, Sadik? But, if he is holy?” Abraxas let Fernando think that. There was no harm in it. So, he remained silent.

“He knows the value of life, dearest. Something you don’t. Much to my regret,” Fernando stood up and went to knock on the door.

“Go away, Sadik,” yelled Nikola from inside.

“I am not your…lover. It is I, Fernando,” the door opened and Fernando attempted to smile in the face of Nikola’s glare.

“What were you thinking, having sleeping gas in the house, then, setting it on fire and lastly, blowing it up!” Yelled Nikola and Fernando backed away from him.

“May we talk? I think I need guidance?” Nikola’s eyes went to the cross on Fernando’s chest. He pointed at it.

“You would have gotten plenty of guidance from there. And from your moral compass. No one has given you the right to hunt down people like animals. And, Abraxas didn’t do anything bad. Granted, he should have asked for permission before biting you, but you should have been more understanding,” Fernando bowed his head.

“My brother will never walk again,” he mumbled, and Nikola’s eyes softened.

“I’ll heal him. But the price is that neither you nor he would ever hunt anyone again,” hope shone in Fernando’s eyes, and he nodded.  

2