Chapter 31
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Philip was in a hospital at Vegas. Nikola had blanched at having to go to the city of vices, but he had promised that he will heal Fernando’s brother. He had no choice but to go.

Sadik found it all very amusing. He drove them to the airport and then, they took the flight to Las Vegas. They arrived late in the afternoon and checked in a hotel. While Nikola shared with Sadik, he had refused for the room to have a single bed.

Sadik was still in the doghouse, in a sense. But, at least he could watch Nikola sleep. As creepy as that sounded, he found that he liked it. Nikola had nearly gotten a single room for himself. Which had been a disaster Sadik had barely avoided.

They made it to the hospital the next day. Philip was asleep and looked like a mummy.

“So, how do you do this?” Fernando was all put pleading with Nikola and Nikola just placed his hand over Philip’s leg. Then, he reconsidered.

“Get him upright. I need to touch his spine,” Fernando rushed to do just that. The lights flickered as Nikola touched Philip’s back and the window cracked. Nikola swayed on his feet, but Sadik caught him.

“I’ll be out of commission for a while,” said Nikola, voice weak. “But, the biggest damage is done.”

“And his legs?” Fernando stared at the cast covered legs.

“They are fine, too. I needed to start at the most damaged point. Which was the spine. Philip is lucky to be alive,” Sadik sat Nikola down on a chair next to the bed as Nikola was unable to stand upright by himself.

“That is all?” Fernando shook his brother awake. “Walk, Philip.”

Philip said something in Spanish. He sounded resigned. Then, Fernando got him out of bed and managed to get him standing. Philip took one step, then another. Soon, both brothers were laughing.

Then, Philip saw Abraxas and froze. He said something in Spanish again, Fernando was quick to clarify.

“Philip, Abraxas’s friend, healed you. Speak in English so he can understand. He is an angel,” Fernando sounded like a little child at the last word. He pointed at Nikola, and Philip raised an eyebrow. Nikola sighed and made the clipboard on Philip’s bedside table raise with a flick of his finger. He didn’t need to, but he found that this way the proof will be too big to ignore.

Philip’s eyes widened and Nikola grinned.

“You are welcome,” Sadik placed a hand on Nikola’s shoulder and smiled. Philip looked at him with suspicion.

“You are not human either,” Sadik grinned and showed his fangs. They extended smoothly, and then he pulled them back.

“Fernando, how could this one,” he said pointing at Nikola. “Be an angel if he keeps the company of vampires?”

“I am half-angel. A Nephilim,” Nikola clarified. A nurse poked her head in the room and looked at Philip, shocked.

“How are you up?” She screeched and then rushed out. Nikola stiffened. He turned to Sadik.

“Had she heard?” Sadik shook his head.

“Not a word. Don’t worry. Anyway, our job here is done,” Sadik helped Nikola stand up, and they went to the door.

“Wait,” called out Philip. When Nikola turned around, he stood with his hand extended. “Thank you. Even if you are not what you say you are. I can walk again.”

“It didn’t come without a price,” chimed in Abraxas. “You are to never go vampire hunting ever again. Either of you. And Fern, when you get your head out of your ass, call me. I promise you I won’t attempt to bite you again.”

Abraxas moved to Nikola and Sadik. Nikola made a couple of unsteady steps and clasped Philip’s hand.

“Forget,” commanded Nikola when he clasped the man’s hand, and then he turned to Fernando. Both of the brother’s eyes looked hazy for a second, and then Nikola let go of Philip’s hand.

“We need to go. Abraxas, they have forgotten all about vampires and hunting them. And, I have a command on their brains for them to not revert to what they were. Which means, they will get out of the trance with an amnesia. Do with it what you will,” Abraxas whopped with joy and went to stand behind Fernando.

“I can come out and won’t be shot or staked! Thanks, Niki,” Nikola waved and Sadik took his hand.

“Now, I suppose that we go back to the cottage?” He asked as he steadied Nikola.

“We have nowhere else to go. You better make Abraxas pay for the houses,” Sadik grinned. Yes, if Abraxas didn’t pay, then he would hunt him and force him to. There was no denying that.

“So, I was thinking, we can go to a casino?” Nikola looked mortified at that.

“No way, Sadik! You can’t drag me to one of these houses of vice! What if someone tells father Sergei? What if they tell Vanya? One will sentence me to a year worth of washing dishes, the other will tease me silly,” Sadik pretended to think it over and then wrapped an arm around Nikola’s middle.

“Let us say I don’t take you to a casino. Do we still sin together in some other way? How do you feel about being tied up?” Nikola blinked and then his face reddened.

“Sadik, I don’t do perverted things!” Sadik chuckled.

“It will be just like it was the last time. But, you will be tied up. Or, better yet, I can be tied up, and you can ride my dick?” Nikola sputtered and Sadik called them a taxi. “We will have this conversation later, ok?”

Nikola nodded, mortified, and they waited for the taxi in silence. The taxi took them back to the hotel and Sadik made a left turn, when he should have made a right one.

“Sadik, that is not the way to our room,” Sadik grinned.

“They have a spa here. I intend to pamper you silly, so you will agree to some bondage later,” Nikola whined deep in his throat, and Sadik chuckled. Yes, things were as they should be. Minus two houses.     

1