Volume 3 Prologue:
301 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 3 Prologue:

 

"Dammit! How could this happen to me?!" Finn cursed. His face was tired and worn down, covered in dirt. He looked down at his hand, cuffed together. And so were his legs, making him unable to move. 

 

This wasn't supposed to happen to me?! All of this started in their village.

 

After the guards grabbed him, Finn was thrown into a jail cell, awaiting his verdict. It was a cold and desolate place. 

 

That was how severe a problem he caused. But it only took a day before the knights opened his cell,

 

"You got lucky, kid. Your parents are here to bail you out." The knight said as he tossed Finn toward his parents. 

 

I'm finally free! I knew it! Finn knew he wouldn't be thrown away like garbage. How could they? He was one of the very few who had a high skill!

 

He could do whatever he wanted, and no one could stop him. 

 

Or so he thought. 

 

"You fool!" What Finn got with that scream was a fist to the face! Caught off guard from this, Finn dropped to the ground, face-first into the dirt! 

 

"Old Man! What was that for?!" Finn rubbed his cheeks as he stared at his father. 

 

"How could you attack a child?! Have you gone mad?!" Hearing what happened at the church, Finn's father couldn't handle it.

 

How could his son attack a child because of some words?!

 

"What? That brat talked down to me! That's what she gets for humiliating me!" Finn didn't back down as he continued, "I'm the star! I can do whatever I want!"

 

"Do you really think you can do whatever you want just because you have good skills?!" Finn's father's face turned black while her mother could only shake her head. 

 

They heard about what skills their son got. They were over the moon when they heard about it. But what happened next tossed all that joy down the drain.

 

Where did we go wrong for our son to become like this? The parents couldn't believe it. 

 

"Power is everything! I'm a star! That brat is nothing more than a lowly being! I'm a superior being!" Finn shouted out continuously without regard. Villagers were walking around. 

 

They made revolted faces as they stared at the fool. The entire village heard about what happened at the church. It didn't take too long for it to spread. 

 

And they were all disgusted.

 

"..." Finn's parents didn't know what to say. 

 

They didn't think their son was this far gone. 

 

But now they know. 

 

The next thing Finn's father did was toss a bag toward Finn. 

 

"What's this?" Finn stopped talking and asked. 

 

"Tomorrow, you'll be sent to your uncle's home. You won't be living here any longer!" You're too far gone. Finn's father thought maybe there was some way for Finn to stay in the village. 

 

Maybe; if Finn begged and showed remorse to Onyx's family. Then there might be a chance to change Onyx's opinion. 

 

But it was a no now. Finn's father saw it in his son's eyes. There was not an ounce of regret or remorse for what he did. 

 

"What?!" Finn's face paled. How can he be moving out of the village?! He's the star!

 

"You heard me! From now on, you're going to live with your uncle! Hopefully, he can teach you discipline!" No way Finn could continue to live here. Not with this attitude. 

 

Finn's face turned a paler shade of white as he listened to his father's words. No! Not there! He went to his uncle's place home before.

 

Their village may be rural and remote compared to the rest. But it was nothing compared to that place. 

 

It was a million times worse!

 

The land was barren, yet the only thing that could be done was farming. There were no days off, and the heat from the sun blasted down.

 

It was hell.

 

"Please, no! I can't go there!" Finn grabbed his father's legs, begging him not to send them there. He knew he couldn't survive there. 

 

But it was too late to beg. 

 

If Finn had begged his father the moment he came out, the outcome might be different. 

 

Finn's father kicked him away, 

 

"No! You are going. You can't stay here! Not after what you did." He didn't say anything else as he walked away with his wife, leaving Finn there. 

 

Then, a hand grabs his shoulder. It's one of the knights, "You don't have to worry about anything. We'll get you to your location safely." 

 

"..." Finn stayed silent as he stared at the ground. He knew there was nothing to be done. And what he thought would happen happened. 

 

"Work faster!"

 

"How can you be so useless?!"

 

"What are you doing? Those vegetables aren't supposed to be planted like this!"

 

It was hell on the farm.

 

Every single day, Finn was consistently lectured by his uncle and his cousins. They worked him like a horse. And he would make mistakes continuously. 

 

What made it worse was there was nothing to do. Finn couldn't go out to hang out, and all the villagers gave him a scornful look. The rumor about him attacking somebody became known to everybody. 

 

It got to the point where Finn couldn't take it anymore. One night, he decided to run away from his uncle's home. He can't let this continue further. 

 

Before he left, he took some coins from his uncle's secret stash and ran. 

 

But that was the least of his problems. 

 

Finn used it all up in no less than three days! Finn's sense of money was warped by his consistent use. He had to go week's ends without any food. It only stopped when he got a job as a simple wood chopper. 

 

But, 

 

"Get out of here! You scum!" In just a few days, Finn got kicked out of his job. And it didn't stop there, 

 

"You are trash!"

 

"How do you not know how to wash dishes?!"

 

"Do your job properly!"

 

Every store he went to get work, he would get kicked out in a few days. 

 

Dammit! How can I get fired from these stores?! Do they not know who I am?! He kicked a rock on the floor, 

 

Those types of labor jobs didn't register with him. He had never done any work for a long time.

 

However, Finn didn't need to do any of that anymore.  

 

"Hey, watch it!" Finn bumped into a wealthy-looking man. The person scowled at Finn before patting the dirt off his shoulders and leaving. 

 

Heh, you should be the one to watch it. Finn gave an evil grin as he tossed a pouch up and caught it. It was the man's wallet. 

 

There was something else he could do that would give him more coins. In such an easier fashion too. 

 

Stealing. 

 

He realized it. Why didn't he take coins from people who've already done all the hard work? And it worked. 

 

Stealing got him more coins than he ever had working. It was going so well that Finn had a gang. They would hide in the woods, and when a merchant group or somebody wealthy-looking came over, they would attack. 

 

It was going well for him. Until the group took it too far. Finn's group had stolen too much, and it got the eyes of the knights. 

 

Knights were dispatched to take the group out. And that's how Finn was placed in this predicament. 

 

"Boss! What do we do now?!" Next to Finn, someone asked for help. Finn wasn't the only one in the jail carriage. Half of his group was captured by the knights. And now, he would be sent to another city to pay his dues.

 

Finn's face turned dark. Why are you asking me?! I'm chained up the same way you are. And why should I even save you?

 

It's all about survival first now. If Finn had a chance to escape, he would take the chance without looking back. 

 

"Haha, do you brats really think you can escape from here? Don't make us laugh!" Finn's group wasn't the only ones in the carriage. The carriage is meant for every criminal who's been caught. 

 

"What do you mean?" Finn sneered at them. 

 

"Do you think you guys can run with these collars on us? Even if you escape, the moment you get too far away, your head will go poof." The prisoner laughed.

 

The knights won't take chances with criminals like them. That's why they used magical collars. It's linked to one of the knights. Once the collared person is too far from the knight, they will explode. 

 

Escape? That would be impossible for them. Not unless they want a one-way trip.

 

The despair showed more on Finn's face hearing this. Dammit! He couldn't believe he was placed in such a situation. No, only one person caused all of this. 

 

Onyx. His anger and jealousy shifted toward him. He was supposed to be at the top, praised by everybody. 

 

Irene was supposed to be with him. But everything was taken away because of him!

 

As he continued to have dark thoughts about this.

 

CRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH

 

The carriage started to rock back and forth! 

 

What is going on?! All the prisoners get up from their seats, startled by the sudden move. 

 

But that was the last thing they should have done. The whole carriage tipped onto one side, slamming down to the ground! Everybody flopped onto it. 

 

"dammit!" Finn pushed off the people. 

 

Most of them were safe for the most part. Some bled from the impact.  

 

But Finn didn't care as he pushed himself towards the window, wondering what tipped the carriage over. 

 

"Who the hell are you?!" He saw the knights shouting at two figures. One was wearing a red hood, and the other was purple. They had their swords out, ready to charge in. 

 

But that was their death sentence. 

 

The purple hooded figure swiped his hand across. The moment he did this, the knight's head flew off! Their bodies drop to the ground, and their expressions show they didn't realize what happened.

 

What was that?! Finn's expression paled. Behind all that fear, there's a tint of envy and want. The hooded figure looked towards the carriage feeling the stare. 

 

"Get everybody out of there now." The hooded figure didn't say this to his comrade but to Finn. 

 

"Y-yes!" Finn nodded his head as he quickly got everyone out of the carriage. Once everybody was lined up, the hooded figures looked at them, not saying anything. 

 

"Master, don't you think these guys will be fine?"

 

The red-hooded figure nodded, "Hmm, for lower beings, they are insufficient."

 

"I'm out of here!" Being treated as a lower being, one of the criminals took the chance to dash away! This was his chance to escape. The knight who controlled the collar is dead/

 

All he had to do was run away from these people, and he would be free!

 

But that was the worst mistake of his life. And the last. 

 

"Ahhhhhhh!" The man's body was lit on fire! It only took a few seconds before it turned into dust, whisked away by the air. 

 

"..." No one could say anything. The criminals couldn't process what happened to the guy. 

 

"Master, we can't be picky on who to choose now that the chimera is gone."

 

"Indeed." The red-hooded figure turned to the criminals, "Do you guys want power?"

 

??

 

"The power to do whatever you want. The power to kill anything that stands in your way. And to stand at the top above everybody else?"

 

The criminals nodded weakly. Even though someone was killed, they were still envious of the red-hooded figure's power. Their faces turned green with envy and greed. Of course, they want power like that. 

 

"Good. Then drink my servant's blood." His servant squeezed his hand tightly, causing blood to pour out of his fist.

 

"This will give you the power you oh so desire." Like the devil's whisper, the criminals quickly dashed to the blood, trying their best to drink it! 

 

They fought with each other, wanting to be the first. 

 

Dammit! I couldn't get it! Finn got pushed to the very back of the line. Even his henchmen forced their way to the front, not caring about anybody there. Finn was about to do the same,

 

But it happened. 

 

"Argghh!" "What's wrong with you?!"

 

Everybody stopped in horror. 

 

The first person who drank the blood convulsed on the ground. His skin turned red, and blood spurted from the pores of his body. It didn't take long before his body stopped moving. 

 

"So he's a failure." The hooded figure said so calmly as if it were supposed to happen. He turned over to the rest,

 

"That person didn't have the qualification to obtain that power. Only those who are worthy will obtain power."

 

"..." Hearing all of this halted the prisoners. Do they even want the power now? Do they even have the qualifications?

 

"Hmpf! Pathetic." With a wave of his hand, the purple hooded figure exploded everyone in the front. 

 

"You either drink it, or I'll kill you all." There's no way they could escape from this. But neither one wanted to do it. 

 

Well, except for one person.

 

"...I'll drink it!" Finn screamed out as he walked to the front. He drank the blood on the ground.

 

"Glahhhh!" And the moment it went down his throat, pain. Just unending agonizing pain! It was like his entire body was set ablaze! But Finn withstood the agony.

 

Why am I doing this? How did I become so low? All these questions came into his mind. But only one answer came. 

 

Onyx!

 

Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! 

 

Blood lust rushed through his entire body! And the target of all of it was Onyx! He was the one who caused him to hit rock bottom. He must die!

 

The bloodlust wasn't the only thing that happened, as Finn's body started to change. The others were surprised. 

 

Yes. Perfect. The red-hooded figure smiles evilly. The person turned over to the others,

 

"What about you guys?"

6