Chapter 1 – A Slice of Heaven
786 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ugh I know mom, love you too. Bye!” I said bitterly into the phone. It was my first day of College and my mom just wouldn’t leave me alone. She seems nice, however her excessive smothering makes me feel like I have zero privacy. I do love her but gods was I glad to escape so I can be my own person, something that I’ve never had the luxury to have previously. I’m 19 and still have no idea who I am. Just the shell of myself that I had to present to my mom. Eventually I headed up to my dorm and saw a room divided in half one said was entirely vacant with the other filled with anime merchandise, clothes all over and someone, who I’d assume is my roommate seemingly absorbed into something on his computer.

“Oh heya I’m Marcus nice to meet you!” He screamed a bit too eagerly in a squeaky sounding voice. Marcus was a short skinny guy with glasses and short blond hair. He had seemingly no hair on his face at all. Something that I was jealous of as my chin seems to be a hair magnet. He also looked quite exhausted. I was quite surprised that he was able to put so much enthusiasm into his greeting. He also wore a baby pink baggy hoody which fit him quite well. I introduced myself to him but what I didn’t expect was he seemed legitimately interested in me. He kept asking questions about myself that my mom had left me ill-equipped to answer, so I didn’t. Luckily, he took the hint and went back to the computer.

After unpacking, I decided to walk around and eventually found a pizza place to eat some lunch at. I was relatively picky with food so to have quick access to New York style pizza near me. It was a small but rather cozy inside. The walls were yellow and painted with depictions of stereotypical chefs and Italian flags and imagery. I headed up to the counter to order a few slices. At the counter was an absolutely gorgeous girl. She had gorgeous dark skin and pair of beautiful dark eyes. her long black hair fell down to her shoulders. Her nose gave me the urge to ’boop’ it and her pretty lips made me want to kiss them. “Sir….Sir?” She called as I was being captivated by her beauty. As I was brought back to reality I cringed at the use of ‘sir’ it made me a tad uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe it’s because it feels so important and I’m just….me

“Woah sorry!” I replied a bit too late

“You better not’ve been starin’ ‘cause of my weight. If I have to deal with one more person joking about that today I’m gonna lose it!”

“No, no! I wasn’t….I wouldn’t….I was just, um, lost in thought…” I blushed as I tried to defend myself. I was about to run away from the counter out of sheer embarrassment. “I-I’ll h-have t-two plain slices please” I squeaked out in a quiet voice that I’m surprised she heard. “a-and, um, I’m sorry you have to deal with that. Have a good day” I said a bit louder. I headed back to the table and waited for my table. Flustered, I dropped my head onto the table. Gods I’m such a misogynistic creep.

Announcement
Heya, Penny here! This is my first story but I've read tons on here. And I kinda have no clue what I'm doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm also white so if I mess up with the black character in the story please let me know and I'll fix it Kinda. nervous to post this but eh :/.
28