Chapter 4 – Kay’s Dreamland
418 6 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
CW: Dysphoria

I opened my eyes as I heard the sounds of waves crashing and seagulls squawking. I looked around and realized I must've fallen asleep on the beach. Oddly no one was with me. I was alone. Maybe Marcus and Nora left while I was asleep, I thought to myself. I quickly found I had to use the bathroom and hurried to the small hut nearby that hosted the restrooms. I finished up with the toilet and noticed something odd when I went to wash my hands. In the mirror was an unknown yet familiar looking girl. She had long, curly black hair and was wearing a cute purple bikini. I don't look in the mirror very often but I'm fairly certain that that's not how I looked. And yet the cute woman seemed to mimic my every move and action. 

Th-this can't be...It makes no sense. I-I was a guy before, wasn't I...? How could this have happened? I looked around the bathroom checking the stall, the sink, the mirror. I maybe checked the mirror for a bit too long. I look kinda cute, can you blame me? Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Nothing seemed to provide a way to turn back. I was stuck like this. I should be panicking....why am I not panicking. I wanted to sit in a corner and cry. Maybe I can at least sit on the beach to calm myself.

I lied down in the sand as the sun, slightly warmed my body. The sound of the waves calmed me, helping me to soothe my mind. It was a bit difficult getting used to the new weight on my chest but I was eventually able to deal with it. For some reason everything just felt so nice and peaceful. I've never particularly been a huge fan of the beach, however something about it now just felt so relaxing. I felt like I could just relax for hours, not worrying about who I am or why I was a girl now. Eventually the soothing sensations of the beach caused me to drift off into a slumber yet again.

When I awoke, something felt different. The once nice feel of the sand, now felt all coarse and rough and uncomfortable. The once soothing crashing waves, now sounded tediously repetitive. The once warming sunlight, now burned all over my skin. I felt bigger, uncomfortably so. My chest felt oddly lighter. My once covered chest, no was bare; burned by the sun's harsh rays. Nothing felt right. What's wrong with me?. I hurried to the bathroom and took a look in the mirror. 

In the mirror I saw an unappealing face. A boy with short black hair, soulless brown eyes, a noticeable 5-o' clock shadow, broad shoulders and a just generally masculine appearance. Tears fell from his eyes as he stared, unable to move. I wanted to throw up.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" I woke up from my slumber, my face wet from tears. My breathing was heavy and inconsistent. I felt gross. I felt wrong. Why do I feel like this?

 

21