Chapter 5 – Are you oKAY?
346 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
CW: Dysphoria

 

---Marcus PoV---

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

I heard a scream from Kay's room and immediately rushed over to check in on them. When I entered the room I saw them breathing heavily with tears coming down from their face. They looked tired despite just waking up and it being the afternoon. "What's wrong, Kay? Are you okay?" The faintest of smiles appeared on their face at the sound of their new name.

"Hm? I'm fine I just had a really strange dream. Not sure why I reacted that way though to be honest..."

"Huh wanna talk about it?"

"Eh, I think it's fine. I'll be fine. There's nothing much to talk about really"

I nodded. It seems like there was more that they weren't telling me but I'd rather not pry where I'm not wanted. Even if it'd probably help them. I do know someone they seem to be able to open up to more. And someone who may be able to cheer them up.

"Hey, why don't you go hang out with Nora. You two seem to get along. Maybe she can help you get your mind off things?" I noticed them blush a bit at my suggestion. Cute.

"That could be a good idea. Thanks!" They got up and hugged me. I may have blushed a little but it's not my fault they're cute.

 

---Nora's PoV---

As I making myself some ramen for lunch I heard a ping from my phone.

K: Hey, would you be able to hang out soon. Sorry it's on such short notice but I kinda need something to take my mind off stuff right now

After I finished eating, I responded telling them to meet me at Mama Pizza. I may work there but they make damn good pizza.

I noticed them enter with a hood pulled up over their head as they looked down, hiding their face from the world. When they looked up to spot me, I saw their face looked almost soulless, like they weren't quite here. "Hey, you okay, hun?" they simply nodded slightly in response and rested their head and arms on the table and stared off into space. "I ordered food for both of us. I remembered what you ordered last time." They blushed at that. They could really be cute when they let themself be. "Alright so what's got you so...out of it today? Is it about our texts yesterday? Did I say something that hurt you?" Finally they replied.

"No, no. It's nothing like that trust me. I just had a kinda strange dream and I don't know what it meant but I woke up crying and hyperventilating. I don't know why. The dream didn't really feel like something that coulda caused that reaction...I dunno, I'm weird I guess..."

"You're not weird. It's okay to feel upset about things that seem inconsequential"

"I guess. I'm just scared that this wasn't just a dream. That it-That it meant something. I'm really...really scared...I don't know what to do" They looked up at me and I saw tears forming in their eyes. I knew I needed to comfort them. I moved to their side of the table and started holding them close and patting their back to try and help them calm down. Eventually the pizza came and we both just ate in silence. Finally it was time to leave. "Thanks for everything Nora. I needed that"

"Happy to help!" I responded and gave a little peck on their cheek. Their face turned a bright red at that. Guess they weren't feeling sad anymore

 

Trying something new with different PoVs. Hope you enjoyed!

21