Chapter 1
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My house was old and needed work. Of course my parents didn’t want to do it so one day when I came home from school my parents surprised me,

“Sweetie, we’re moving to New York!”

My life was ruined. My family’s house, my friends, my school, my grades, my familiar surroundings, all were going to go away. I had to stop it, but I couldn’t. I stood in my room, everything in boxes, being hauled out by movers. Rain poured outside and I counted the raindrops on the window for entertainment. I had to wait until they were done. I had said goodbye to all my friends already.

I took out my phone and began playing the daily wordle. I finished it and went onto youtube. My phone buzzed from a message. I clicked on it,

Hey dude. How’s the moving going?’ It was from my friend Nathaniel. 

It’s okay. It’s boring.

That’s too bad.

Yeah.

I gotta go. You have fun at your new school alright? Text me when you get to your new house.

Alright, I will. Bye.

Bye.

I sighed and put away my phone. 

"Honey! Come on! We're leaving!" My mom called from downstairs.

"Coming!" I called back and raced out of my room and down the stairs. 

"In the car." My mom told me as we left the house. 

I got in the back of her van and watched my now old house go away. 


My new house was a two story home with lots of windows. It had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, two living rooms, a laundry, a den and a basement. The three bedrooms didn't appeal to me so I asked my dad if I could stay in the basement. He was surprised but he said yes. All my stuff was hauled down and I began unpacking. The walls were a plain white and the flooring was stone. I put down rugs and made my bed. A bookshelf was up and I put comics there. I had a desk with a wheely chair. Multiple posters and drawings were on the wall. I threw myself on my bed and sighed. The next day I'd be going to my new school. Willingsin High. What a weird name. 

"Dinner!" My dad called down. 

I went up the stairs and ate mac and cheese. I went back down without a word and my parents to could tell I was upset about the move. I went on my bed and pulled out my phone. My friend Lily had texted me,

'Hey dude!'

'Hi.'

I remembered I was supposed to text Nathaniel. 

'Hey, I'm at my new house.'

'Cool, what's it like?' He replied within seconds. 

'It's okay. I miss my old house. I'm going to go to a high school called Willingsin High.'

'Sounds dumb. lol.'

'Yeah.' I got up and plugged in my phone. I was tired and I had to go to a new school the next day. I shut my eyes and fell asleep.


I stood at the bus stop awkwardly. Kids were chatting around me. I just typed on my phone. The bus came up and the doors opened. We all headed inside. I sat alone in the front. The bus driver nicely asked my name and smiled when I said Sota. 

"Welcome to Willingsin High!" The bus driver said happily.

"Thanks." I muttered and went back to my phone. 


The school was large and had lots of tall windows. The amount of kids that roamed everywhere made my head spin. A kid that I didn't bother remembering the name of showed me to my first class. Every class blazed through until lunch. I got my food and went outside. I found bleachers and went under them. I saw a boy and a girl making out. 

"Ew . . ." I muttered and began to walk away. 

The boy glanced my way and his eyes widened. He stopped making out with the girl and she saw me and ran away. The boy saw her run away and then charged over towards me. He grabbed me, pushed my food the the ground and pinned my against a wall.

"You little twerp! You just scared my girl away!"

"That's not my fault. I just so happened to walk here and see you two MAKING OUT and it just so happens that I know the principal."

The boy backed away then looked me up and down, "Who are you? I haven't seen you around before."

"Yeah. I'm new. My name is Sota." 

"Sota . . ." The boy walked up to me, "I'm Akira." He pressed up against me, "You like guys?"

"L-like guys?" I stuttered, "I mean I don't know . . . I think I'm bisexual so yes?"

Akira smirked. He whispered in my ear, "I'll make you fall for me. Even if it's the last thing I do." He pulled back and walked away.

Great. Now I already have a guy after me. But he is kinda hot . . . NO! No, I won't fall for him. I'd just play it with him. I grinned,

"Let the games begin."

2