Foreword
723 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Foreword

Not A Chapter - But please read to see if you will enjoy this story. Thank you.

Dedication:

First and foremost, this rewrite is dedicated to all the fans of the story who have been patiently waiting for it to continue. Without your support, this never would have happened. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and all the love you have sent. I hope that this story can reach new heights and continue to improve for years to come.

About The Story:

There are 3 aspects of the story I want to explain before the novel starts. These were some points of contention in the first novel, and I want to make them clear before anyone reads so that everyone knows what to expect. I don't want to waste anyone's time and if these are things that make you drop the story, then I wish you all the best and hope you find what you are looking for elsewhere! =)

  1. People age 2 years faster in this story.
    1. Everyone in this story ages 2 years faster, and the adolescent growth period is 2 years shorter. 10 in the story is the equivalent of 12, 16 is the equivalent of 18, and 30 is the equivalent of 32. This isn't done arbitrarily but is an aspect of the world.
    2. Reasoning: My thought behind this is that the Pokemon games, anime, and manga start the protagonist out at 10, but this doesn't make sense in a real-world scenario. Nobody would let a 10-year-old run around the world unsupervised. It would be a death sentence for most of them. Because of this, the world took that concept, young people going out and exploring the world with their Pokemon, and tried to make it work in a way that would be realistic. So, people grow faster and start their Pokemon journey at 16, when they are considered adults, instead of 10. Furthermore, the people of the world actually grow physically, emotionally, and mentally older to match this. So a 13-year-old has the body, mind, and emotional capacity of a 15-year-old.
    3. It is just meant to be a unique quirk of the world, so feel free to ignore it and age people 2 years older if you want.
  2. This story features a Polyamorous relationship between two girls and one guy. It is not a harem and there will never be more added to it. They each love one another and are dating one another.
    1. Okay, I know, I know. Some people will immediately think that this is just an excuse to have a guy date 2 girls. I can assure you, it is not. I have written harem stories and I would have just outright said it if it was. My main goal is to show the love between the three bloom from adolescence to adulthood and how they deal with the changing of their emotions and feelings.
    2. This is a main subplot of the story and romance will be a heavy focus throughout the novel. Again, I am hoping to make the characters seem real and their actions come off as realistic. Their love for each other has very little to do with smut or sex, and is more a sense of belonging and happiness with one another. I know that Polyamorous relationships in novels can be a bit of a meme, but all I ask is for you to give me a chance to prove that wrong. 
  3. Shinies (Shiny Pokemon) are not very rare in this novel.
    1. Shiny Pokemon are called variant Pokemon in this novel and the concept of shiny Pokemon doesn't exist in this world. This is because Arceus (The name of the planet) is a real world and not an already existing Pokemon World. I wanted to simulate real biology and species diversity. The rarity of variants is only 1/100 as opposed to the 1/8192 of shinnies in the Pokemon games and where there is one, there are often many. You can think of it as a genetic mutation that changes their properties slightly, similar to how Alolan & Galarian Pokemon work in the real games. 
    2. I wanted to create a unique world that felt real and seeing the same coloring and patterns on animals everywhere you go is not realistic. So I am doing this to spice things up a bit for fun.

 

Thank you for reading! If I lost you along the way, I apologize and hope you find a better story that you can enjoy more. If you are interested in reading, please continue on to the next chapter!

24