Chapter 0: Prologue
6.2k 8 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s… dark.

There wasn’t anything to see. No lights, no fire, just absolute darkness I couldn’t escape from.

Was I sleeping? Was this a dream? It had to be, right?

But, if I was sleeping then why is my dream so barren? Last time I remembered, I'm pretty sure if I dreamt of something, it would have been more colorful or at least exciting. But… this was beginning to scare me. Not only was there nothing here but I felt weirdly conscious of everything. Aside from thinking, I had nothing to do here.

I wanted to move but I couldn’t feel anything, as if my body wasn’t there. Was I paralyzed? Is this sleep paralyzation? I couldn’t do anything, not even scream or shout! “Where am I? Help me! Help me!” kept echoing inside my mind over and over again, like a recorder.

As time went by with me trapped inside this place, my sense of touch suddenly reappeared. I began to feel as if I was floating inside a swimming pool on a warm and sunny day in the peak of summer. It was calming, soothing me from the dark depths of whatever this world was. I kept drifting around, but I was alright with it. I wasn’t feeling that scared anymore.

To the point that I wanted to continue stay—

Ahhhh…arrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Gargh!

Scheiße!? Shit! Wha-What was that!?

Pain burst from my side, it felt like my very being was being ripped apart. The intense pain never disappeared nor lessened, as my wailing once again filled my mind with echoes, disorientating me. It was pure agony. Torture.

Arrrgh! Make it stop! Make it stop! What is going on?!

The warmth I felt faded, replaced by an intense cold like the middle of New York’s winter. Not even my mind could escape this glacial temperature. My sense of self was weakening with every second, as if my soul was being frozen solid.

Stop this, please! Wake up! Wake up!

I wanted to finally wake up. Why was I suffering like this? What did I do to deserve this!

This is all a nightmare! This is all a nightmare! I just need to wake up, so wake up! WAKE UP!

I wanted my Papa. I wanted my Mama. I wanted them to help me. I pleaded and cried for them, hoping that this would be enough stimuli to wake my body up from this dreadful sleep. My thoughts were becoming jumbled from the fear, the pain, and the confusion.

Arrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Somebody save me, please! I don’t want to be alone in here!

I don’t want to…

“It is done.”

“Hie hie, it seemed like everything worked out in the first try. Congratulations, my scaly friend.”

“Mhmm, fortune shone on you two. Good luck with your plans. Don’t waste this opportunity, shie shie shie!”

“The preparations are set. All we can do now is wait for her to grow.”

121