Chapter One: A Parallel, An Alternate or Another Dimension
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mirrored ceiling reflects a white tile, a white wall, a smart bed, an ECG machine and a person lying comfortably tuck in a clean white duvet and an oxygen mask covering half of their face. That person's fingers suddenly twitch and a second later slowly opened their eyes. 

'Blurry' was the first word that Atuna thought her eyesight is blurry she suddenly has the urge to rub her eyes but when she tried to lift her arm she found that she have no strength to do so. She tried to shout for help but her mouth was dry. Fortunately for her, a woman wearing blue scrubs and holding a clipboard enters her room. The nurse walks toward the dangling IV fluids checking if it's full or not and adjusting the fluid rates. When the nurse turned around to check on her she was flabbergasted.

"You're awake!" she cries out. She pushed the emergency nurse call button. She saunters to the foot of the bed and presses a small remote. The upper side of the mattress suddenly raised in a high position allowing Atuna to sit without making an effort. The nurse then strutted to the water dispenser filling the cup with water, She then sits beside Atuna leading the straw between her lips.

The relief the water brought to Atuna was miraculous. She feels that this cup of water wasn't enough. She needs a dam of it.

A few seconds later another nurse came in. "Call Dr. Pepper" The nurse who came in nodded and walked briskly.

Several minutes later, a man with a white coat walks inside. The man had a bald head and a white mustache. He's a skinny man he reminds Atuna of an anime character named Master Roshi. Does this doctor have an apprentice named Goku?

"Dr. Beiersford it's good that you're awake, you're family never lost hope of you waking up" After the nurse checked my vital sign she handed the results to him. "You're family stand their ground, your elder brother tore up the waiver for euthanasia."

After reading it he handed it back to the nurse. "We notified you're family and they said they will be here right away. Your vital signs are good, don't worry about loss of strength you've been bedridden for a year."

He pats my shoulder.

"Muscle atrophy can be alleviated by eating the right nutrition and exercise. Don't worry you can request a muscle rehab if you want to quickly recover". 

After the doctor left, the nurse told me that they were going to move from the ICU to a private room. An ICU with a small space and only one bed? Does the health care of public hospitals can now afford an ICU that houses only one person? The nurses came in they transferred me from this bed to another. This bed though was more smart and comfortable. When we left the room I was awestruck by what I saw this hospital is way too luxurious and clean even the air in the hall smells clean.

What the, where did my parents find this hospital? Oh silly me this must be a newly built public hospital, after all, after a year in a coma a lot would change. After strolling along the hallway and using an elevator we've now arrived. Though when I entered the room my jaw dropped, Is this the standard now for a private room? This is like a luxury room at a hotel.

"Miss, are you sure we're in the right room?" Is that my voice why does it sound deep, maybe this was the result of a year-long coma?" The nurse smiled at me and nodded "This is the super deluxe room that your family requested." She explained.

Isn't a super deluxe room a room from a super high-class hospital where the politicians and wealthy people are being admitted too? Did my family win a jackpot in a lottery or was I adopted and now my biological family who was very rich came to take me back and found me in a coma? But I still have my surname Beiersford. It must be the former.

She surveys the room she was in. It was a large room the patient's bed at the center and on her left was a marble divider with cabinets and shelves. On her front was a large slim TV-no correct that it was an OLED TV. A few meters away from the TV she can see a door and if her hunch is correct it must be a bathroom door.

She averts her eyes from her surroundings and stares at her arms. She still feels weak but she could exercise her hands by clenching them and relaxing them. Any questions she had now can wait until her parents arrived.

'This is silly though' she thought. She likes a toddler the only lacking is her parents' singing 'close, open' repeating it until she can do it, or squealing because of delight.

 

Several minutes later a couple finally opened the door and walks inside. The woman who first came in wearing an orange-colored Natalie Martin Alex Dress worth 385.00 USD. She's also holding in her left hand a Medium Summer Tote by Valentino Garavani. She's also wearing heels by Saint Laurent Zoe Pumps. In her right hand, she clutches a pair of Selby sunglasses by Tom Ford.

The man next to her although wearing a low-key designed suit you can see it was a custom made by a famous designer. He also wears a watch by Hermes. His shiny shoes were actually from Saint Laurent.

But even though they were covered by luxurious clothes and accessories those faces that she's familiar with didn't change. They sauntered towards her and envelops her with their warm hugs, her heart was filled with warmth and she feels safe and secure, and yes she admits it her parents look younger and healthier now.

A cough suddenly broke their family moment, when they look up they saw Dr. Pepper. The Doctor now looks even more like Master Roshi with his walking cane and sunglasses.

The parents ask the doctor about their child's condition and the doctor said aside from  Muscle atrophy their child was fine he just needs to strengthen their child's body. They thanked the doctor and he left.

 

"My little darling! You're awake, you're fine. I never lose hope that you'll-" She never finished her words, she hugs Atuna tightly. Atuna pats her back reassuring her. Her mother lets her go and takes a sit on a couch near the patient's bed.

"But Ma, how long are we staying at the hospital?" Atuna asks.

"We're going to stay here for a week just to make sure that there are no sequelae from the accident." Oh yeah, that accident she remembered it now, a truck suddenly lose control and hit the bus she was in. Wait to stay at the hospital for a week? I don't think the lottery won by her family can cover the bills from this hospital. 

"To stay for a week? Ma, Da can we afford it?" A worrying feature appears on Atuna's face. Suddenly her Dad laughs loudly.

"Son, money isn't a problem. To my knowledge, Our company isn't on a brink of bankruptcy. Your elder brother is doing a better job than me he made it stronger and our family wealthier and I wouldn't let the company inherited from your great-grandfather disappear like that."

A company? Inherited from a grandfather? But her parents are middle-class workers.  We're neither rich nor poor. Wait, Son? Son!

"Son?" 

"What's wrong darling?" Her mother scrunched her eyebrows, she was worried.

"I'm your son?" Her voice sounds mechanical. She thinks that her deep voice wasn't caused by the long coma she had. Wait she doesn't need to alarm these parents. "Nothing Ma, I was about to tease but I think this isn't a time."

"You child!" she exclaimed.

"I need to go to the bathroom though," She said, she needs to confirm it, SHE NEEDS TO. After all, she can't just feel it in front of her parents nor can she move freely because of her weakened strength.

"I'll help you" her Dad assisted her inside the toilet, and she insisted that she'll call her dad again if she was finished. Now that she's sitting at the toilet basin all she needs is to lift the gown.

Impossible! IMPOSSIBLE!!

A word that relates to what Atuna is feeling. It is a word that could describe what happened to her and it is a word that could define what she's seeing now. Never in her life could she think that this will happen to her. It changed her perspective on the unknown, it change her stand on whether the supernatural exists or not.

Although in these modern times people can now change their gender and reassign new sex it is still limited. Traces of their past biological sexuality is still there, and she has no traces of them. Her body has magically changed into a man's.

How did this happen? How could this happen? Was she taken by a crazy scientist? Was her brain removed from her original body and transplanted into a man's body? There are a lot of questions swirling in her mind right now but still, it didn't change her expression she was calm, calm as a still river, but there was one question that surprised her 'what pronoun will the author use now?'.

____________Aurthors Area:

So guys what do you think? I'm new to this site but I'm not new to writing this was actually a long project of mine.

You can give feedback or a review. Thank you for reading it. \(ᐢ _ ᐢ)

0