Chapter – 19 : Belka Town
513 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
You can now read 5 chapters in advance and see several cute illustrations of Yui and Airi on my patreon page.

I have great news readers the first ten chapter of Picking up Beautiful Girls in a zombie apocalypse is available to read on patreon and also you can read several chapters in advance for this novel togetherhttps://www.patreon.com/asdark

 

Chapter – 19

Belka Town

 

“Airi I have noticed that we are standing out a lot in our dresses.” Yui said apprehensively to Airi making sure Mia did not hear them whispering to each other.

 

Mia was too consumed with herself showing Airi and Yui around the Belka town to notice it on her own. Right now she was showing them the way to the adventurer’s guild where Airi and Yui could get their new identification cards acquired at the gate approved by the guild as well.

 

“Don’t worry Yui. I know that too and have already thought about it. But at the same time it’s necessary to behave like foreigners here for a while before we start blending in. Because that’s the back cover story we have used for ourselves.” Airi explained quickly while she glanced at Mia listening to her description about how the adventurer guild worked.

 

“Okay! But can’t we do something about the stares.” Yui said with her eyes scrunched and when Airi noticed that everyone was staring daggers at them she felt uncomfortable too.

 

Maybe foreigners at this place were a rare sight here. Airi thought to herself. So, this could backfire and question their reason for coming this far in a borderland town.

 

“Belka town has one of the largest guild buildings after the capital city. It also looks after the borders of the country on this side. A lot of high rank adventurers are affiliated to this place originally and have become S-class adventures. Even I Mia one day will become an A-rank adventurer and go on travelling the world.” Mia declared herself proudly. Her speech was ambitious for her young age and tender looks.

 

But Airi could also see why Mia was interested in them because she thought she might be able to learn more about how the outside world is, since the two claimed to be travellers.

 

But little Mia, did not know that Airi and Yui are entirely from another world and they might as well be infants in this new world.

 

“Mia we are in need of money to get us new dresses. I think we are attracting more attention than required and are not fitting quiet right here.” Airi expressed her worries.

 

“I see.” Mia nodded who was usually accustomed to such stares because of her beast origin, she had a sadden expression on her face.

 

“I am sorry. But because of failing today’s quest. Frida refused to pay me and I am kind of tight on money. And even you have paid with all your money to Frida and her party to get to this town.” Mia was lost deep in thought. But Airi could tell at a glance that even if Mia is a thoughtful girl, it is not her forte to come up with a solid solution on spot.

 

“Don’t worry we have no intentions of troubling you. But from what it seems these stones are rather valuable.”  Air produced another bag that was tucked to her back and carefully hidden behind her long white hairs.

 

Mia looked in awe at the several other monster cores of B-rank monsters as ascertained by the size of magic crystals dropped.

 

“Where did you find those?” Mia said in shock as she though that the amount of stones handed as payment was all they had.

 

“Oh we just found a lot of monsters dead on the ground. So we plucked off their monster cores. Wouldn’t you say we turned out to be very lucky.” Yui tried to answer Mia’s question vaguely as planned.

 

“That’s being more than too lucky.” Mia was getting suspicious of such an audacious declarations. No one would leave monster cores behind especially if they are adventurers because these magic stones fetch a really good price.

 

“Of course we were lucky. Must be a feud between monsters over territorial disputes that made them kill each other. So, Mia do you know of a way we can score some money with this.” Airi budged in before Mia could have second thoughts.

 

“Yeah! Those are quite rare occurrences but powerful monsters do fight when someone else enter their hunting grounds. Maybe that’s why your caravan became a target of their horde. How about we sell those stones in the guild. They would charge an official set price so there would be no swindling of money and they will also pay upfront to you.” Mia pointed at a  huge building with a large gate kept opened.

 

People with weapons, armours and light combat suits were coming in and going out.

 

“For now I will use my adventurer card for selling, because you don’t have yours.” Mia offered.

 

“Yeah! Please do.” Airi was grateful and Yui thanked her too.

 

“Ok, just wait for me two minutes here.” Mia said running off to the guild’s gate. She was exceptionally quick on her feet for Yui and Airi to keep pace.

 

“She is really fast; I wonder who would win in a race between us if we give our best.” Yui’s competitive athletic temperament has its roots deep within and it spoke for her.

 

“That might be possible because she is a demi-human. Maybe beast people have strong physical abilities and that’s why they don’t blend in so perfectly in the society.” Airi had her own opinion as she was trying to observe the things going around her. Working up on the common sense of this world and building up her knowledge.

 

Based on general people’s likes and dislikes she could tell the basic rules they need to follow in this place.

 

After five minutes had passed, Mia walked off from the guild with a satisfied look. The job was done, as her cutesy smile demarcated.

 

“Here’s 80 silver coins for twenty B-grade monster cores. The guild was happy to receive such a big haul.” Mia informed Airi and Yui as she passed a medium sized bag of coins with secrecy in Airi’s hands.

 

They couldn’t be less careful after the guards at the doors had warned them of kidnappers and money could be no less different reason as such for worst things to happen.

 

“Well, what we are waiting for. Take us to the place you prefer to buy clothes from.” Yui said eagerly.

 

“I don’t think you will like my choice of dresses.” Mia’s eyes looked here and there and at her tail. She was an adventurer and it was common to get their dresses dirtied. So, they wore very common and old dresses on the verge to be discarded.

 

“What are you talking about? Just look at your clothes. They are so cute. I too want an adventuring gear, just like yours.” Yui held Mia’s skirt in her hands as she pulled her closer to herself feeling the fabric.

 

“You heard her and I want to wear something that our friend helps us to pick. Won’t you help us?” Airi lit up eyes looked directly into those of Mia’s.

 

“Okay! Fine. But don’t complain later if it is not to your preference or liking.” Mia looked happy and embarrassed at the same. Her ears always kept on twitching and standing up and by then both Yui and Airi knew it meant Mia was happy.

 

She had her own extraordinary charms that made Yui and Airi without even realizing feel alive and at home rather than feeling like dull homeless strangers they were to this world.

 

***

Thanks for reading.

Support me on Patreon because its a huge help and motivation and read my other harem adventure novel in post-apocalyptic zombie world novel - Picking up Beautiful Girls in a zombie apocalypse

18