Chapter 11: The semi finals
313 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arawi Kenji:

   "Did anyone else notice this?", asked Tanaka.

   "What?", I replied.

   "Since Anjou came today, Kouta performed way better than last day."

   "Now you said this, I think so too."

   "The f*ck are you talking? I played well last day too. Just because I didn't score a goal doesn't mean I played badly."

   Kouta protested after hearing what we were talking.

  Today was the semi final match between us (Class F) and Class B. And even after 90 minutes, it's still not over. 

   The final scores: Class F 2-2 Class B

   The match was.... intense. Class B were leading 2-1 until the 80th minute when Kouta scored a long range shot to equalise. 

   Of course as a substitute player, I was only a spectator of this great match.

   And this now goes to penalty shootout....

   And penalty shootouts are very exciting to watch... unless your team is playing.

   Before the shootout begins, there's a short 10 minute break. And at this moment we were discussing some irrelevant things.

   Today the crowd is a little more than last day. Anjou, who is Kouta's girlfriend also came to cheer for him, although she is a student of Class B.

   Anjou and Sakura were the only two girls supporting for us. Rest were the boys of our class. Amano-san probably has gone home already.

   I wished "good luck" to Sewashi who was our main goalkeeper before the shootout. In the end it was not needed. The class B players missed all of their shots and we won the shootout 3-0. This might be the most one sided penalty shootout I have ever seen.

   We are in the final! Should we party? The way we are celebrating, it seems like we are already partying. 

   "Bring out the champagne!"

   "We are underaged for that, Tanaka."

   "Come on Kouta! Why aren't you excited? We are in the final!"

   "Do you know which team we are facing in the final?"

   "Either Class A or Class E. They are going to play each other right now after this."

   "Exactly... that means we will play Class A. Be prepared for this."

   "Hold on Kouta.", I asked, "Why are you sure that class A are going to win the semi final? I know they have Yoshida but still..."

   Kouta looked at me with surprise.

   "Dude, don't tell me you didn't see the Quarter Final result?"

   "Umm... no... what happened in the QF?"

   Kouta then handled me a paper. There were results of the QFs which took place last day...

   QF 1: Class B 2-1 Class C

   QF 2: Class G 0-1 Class E

   QF 3: Class H 2-3 Class F

   QF 4: Class A 6-1 Class D

   "Whoa! 6-1! Well that's somewhat expected haha! I'm more surprised that Class D were able to score a goal! They are so miserable."

   I tried to look cool and calm but sweat popped up on my face.

   "Also Yoshida scored a hat trick.", informed Kouta.

   Thanks for the information...

   "Why are you all worried? Class D players are sh*t. Let's see how well they play today against Class E.", Tanaka claimed in full confidence.

    "Okay then I'm leaving."

    "Wait Kenji! Let's watch the next match. You left last day too.", Tanaka grabbed my neck.

    But Amano-san is at home. I want to go home as quickly as possible. Of course I can't tell him that. I messaged Amano-san that I would be late.

    "Wow! The crowd has suddenly increased. Isn't it, Tanaka-kun?", Sakura said.

    "What did you expect? That damn Yoshida is not only attracting girls but boys too... God I want to be popular like that too."

   "I will be angry if Tanaka-kun become popular...", Sakura pouted. 

   "Eh? You don't want me to be popular. Do you hate me?"

    No my friend... it's the exact opposite. But you wouldn't understand obviously. 

   The surrounding of the soccer field is now full of people. Where the hell were these people until now? 

   Anyway the match has begun. And all the crowd started cheering for Yoshida. Class A started playing aggressively.

   And what happened next, I couldn't believe....

                                  ♤

   "Welcome home!"

   Amano-san seemed to be in good mood. Last day, she was in bad mood for some reasons. But today she was the same old Amano-san that I love.

   "I heard that our class has qualified for the final!?", she asked while we were eating dinner.

   "Yes. Amano-san also should have watched the game."

   "Yeah... but tomorrow I will be there! cheering for us!"

   "Eh?"

   So she will cheer for us in the final. I'm happy for that but...

   "Well I'm a little embarrassed because I'm only a substitute goalkeeper. I will definitely not play in the final haha."

   "Is that so?", she looked a little disappointed, "I wanted to watch Arawi-san play though."

   She wanted to watch me play but I can't. God I hate it. But if I play it would be a disaster. It's honestly better to be a spectator than to embarrass yourself. 

   "By the way, what happened in the other match?", she asked.

  "Oh... why? Didn't anyone tell you?"

  "Rin told me that Class A won but nothing else."

  "Well... she was probably too shocked."

   "Eh? What happened actually?"

   "Class A won by 7-1."

   "....Wow!"

    "And Yoshida scored 4 goals today. The crowd was absolutely loving him."

   "Yoshida-san is really a great player."

   It seemed like she genuinely praised him. I will be lying if I say I'm not a little bit jealous... If the girl I like praise another boy, I will obviously get jealous. 

   "Yeah Yoshida is definitely incredible. I pray for our main goalkeeper Sewashi who has to face him next match haha."

  "Umm... if Sewashi-san doesn't play for some reasons, then Arawi-san has to play right?"

  "Huh? Ah yes... I'm the substitute goalkeeper so I have to play instead of him."

   If I play... me against Yoshida... LMAO. He will score 10 goals alone.

   But I don't have to worry... There's no chance I would have to play tomorrow. Absolutely no chance...

    (Famous Last Words)

[To be continued]

14