Chapter 15: Power Cut
360 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arawi Kenji:

   I woke up at about 5 P.M.. I slept around 2 hours in the infirmary. When I woke up, I didn't see Amano-san there. However there were all of my teammates standing outside the room. As soon as I get out of the infirmary, they all hugged me with joy.

  "Well Kenji, the trophy celebration is already finished, and there's not a single photo of it with you."

  "That's a pity. But okay, I don't have any problem."

  "But we thought it would be fantastic if we host a party tonight! So be ready!"

  "Oh... okay I guess!"

  "NOT OKAY!"

  "Eh?"

  Suddenly our school doctor came out of the room and stopped our conversation. 

  "Arawi needs rest. He received an injury on his head. You absolutely can't have a party!"

  "Ah that's all due to that damn Yoshida. Where is that f*cker by the way? I will not let him go freely."

   "C-Calm down Tanaka. I think I'm quite okay. One day rest would be enough."

    "Are you sure? You're one of those weak kids after all."

   "I'm tougher than you!"

    

                             

   When I returned home, Amano-san was there waiting for me. She started lecturing me as soon as I entered. 

   "No soccer from now on!"

   "Eh? What is this way to welcome me?"

   "I won't permit Arawi-san to play soccer anymore."

   Permit? Are you my mother?

   "B-But why so?"

   "You got injured! And it could have been worse injury too. I absolutely don't want this anymore!"

    While I was happy that she was worried about me, it still doesn't make sense to completely retire from playing soccer.

   I wanted to argue, but in the end I didn't. I gently smiled and nodded my head.

   "As you wish Mademoiselle!"

   "Fine!"

   She pouted a little and then she went to a kitchen. She is too cute.

                                 ♤

   After we finished eating our dinner, we both sat on the sofa. She was doing her homework apparently while I was watching the TV. I always do my homework at school anyway

    I sometimes feel amazed by her determination. She just made our dinner, and also did normal housework, and now she is studying. 

    This is also one of the reasons why I love her so much. Anyone would fall in love with her. If it is possible, I really want to be with her forever. 

   I'm sorry to say this to you Arawi-san, but I absolutely don't like you.

   Ouch.

   Bad timing... to remember this. But you can't just ignore those words. She said these to me when we first met. It brutally reminds me that she is only living with me because she is forced to.

   It's not like I'm that kind of person whom any girl would want to have. So even if I love her so much, I should absolutely NOT tell her my feelings. I should not tell her anything that would make her uncomfortable with me and may lead her to leave me.

    "Eh?"

   Suddenly darkness appeared in front of me. What happened?

   "Powet cut?"

   I heard the confused voice of Amano-san. But I couldn't see her because of the darkness. I reached out for my phone and turned on the torch of it.

   Finally some light... but why is this sudden power cut in my apartment?

   "Arawi-san, let's go outside!"

   "Yeah!"

   We went to the balcony and found the old landlady of the apartment standing down on the road.

   "Excuse me, Oba-san!", I shouted.

   "Oh Arawi?"

   "What happened actually?"

   "There is some emergency construction going on. That's the reason for the power cut."

   "Eh... but when will the power come back?"

   "Possibly at midnight, or even tomorrow."

   "Eh?", Amano-san looked nervous. "So that means we have to probably stay in darkness for a whole night?"

   "D-Don't worry, Amano-san. I will do something."

   I got back inside and searched for the emergency LED lamp. I found it and turned it on. It was illuminating enough to lighten some part of the drawing room. It reduced some of the fear of Amano-san. 

   "Is it okay, Amano-san?"

   "Y-Yes.... but I'm still a little... I mean I always get scared in darkness."

   She was shivering a little. I went close to her and assured her,

   "Don't worry. I'm also here you know. Just sit down."

    We both again sat down on the sofa. Amano-san was still shivering. She looked at me with a cute face and said,

   "Can I hold your arm?"

   "Eh?.... if that's okay with you, I don't have a problem."

   She practically clung onto me after that. The sudden warmth caused my heart racing. I couldn't mutter a word for some time. 

   "Umm... Amano-san, I think we should watch some thing on my phone."

   I thought it would be a good idea to distract her mind so that she wouldn't fear.

   "Okay then... Let's watch something comedy anime or movie."

   "As your wish!"

   So I searched for some comedy anime. We ended up selecting 'Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun'. That's a top-tier funny anime.

   As expected, Amano-san's mood was improved. However, my trouble didn't end there because she kept on clinging to me.

   I might look calm from outside but inside my mind....

   Don't misunderstand Don't misunderstand Don't misunderstand Don't misunderstand Don't misunderstand....

    She is only clinging to me because she is frightened. Yes... nothing else. Don't even try to hope for something else. 

   After about an hour of my suffering, I noticed it was already 10 P.M.

   "Amano-san, I think you should go to your room and sleep already. I will also get to sleep now."

   I always sleep on the sofa. So it's not an issue. 

   "Eh?", Amano-san looked at me with a sad face.

   "What?"

   "Do I have to go to sleep?"

   "Huh? You want to be awake for whole night?"

   "Nah... I'm still scared so... can I sleep here itself?"

   "Eh...? But if you sleep here, where would I?"

   "No I want to sleep with Arawi-san."

   "WHOA!"

   "I-I MEAN I WILL GET SCARED ALONE! THAT'S WHY! DON'T THINK ANYTHING ELSE!"

   Damn, her words are not good for my health at all. At least think once before saying something like this. 

   "Yeah I understand. But aren't you letting your guard down too much? I'm a boy after all."

   "What would you do to me?"

    Amano-san suddenly brought her close to mine and said that.

    "I-I would not do anything! Obviously!"

    "Then what's the problem? I'm sleeping here on the sofa."

   Sigh... this girl is too defenseless. 

   "Do you need a pillow or something?"

   "I already have."

   She immediately rested her head on my shoulder and once again clung on to me like before. Are we going to sleep like this? Oh God...

    In the only light of that emergency lamp, her sleeping face looked even prettier. I swear I would lose my mind tonight if this keeps on.

    She really wants to kill me, isn't she?

    And then suddenly, the light came back.

    "Eh?"

   "Finally!"

    I really thought I would die tonight. But thank god, I got saved.

   "Phew! Amano-san, now you can go to your room without any problem."

   "Hmph!"

   "Hm?"

   Amano-san pouted at me as if she was angry for some reasons. Then she got up and ran to her room without answering me. I didn't get what happened. 

   She then again opened the door and looked at me with that pouty face.

   "Arawi-san is an idiot!"

   And then she closed it again.

[To be continued]

   

14