Chapter 17: That infamous love letter (Part 2)
383 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amano Suiren:

   It was 7 P.M. when we finished our dinner. Like everyday I sat on the sofa to do my homework. However today my mind was elsewhere and I couldn't concentrate on study. 

   I was still embarrassed by what happened in the school... I was in the verge of meltdown. 

   "No no no! You have to forget about Arawi-san!"

  "Ugh but why? Why?"

   In the end Rin told something in Remon's ears, to which she blushed a little and then laughed. Then Remon came close to me and said in my ears, 

   "Oh Sui-chan~~ if that was the case, you could have just told me~~ By the way I also love this flustered version of Sui-chan!"

   My cheeks turned bright red. After that both of them continued teasing me till the final bell. I still don't understand how could I become so aggressive over Arawi-san. 

   

   When I was thinking all of these, Arawi-san came and sat beside me. 

   "You're looking a bit anxious, Amano-san?"

   "N-Not really. By the way, did you solve that math problem in the school?"

   I tried to change the topic by asking him about math class.

   "Ah yes. It's in the notebook. You take it from my bag."

   "Okay."

   I took Arawi-san's bag and searched for the notebook. I got it but... I noticed a piece of paper behind it.

   It was not a paper but, in fact, a letter. I got curious and opened it. And what I found was....

   I remained silent for a minute. I didn't know what to say at that moment. 

   "Today's dinner was delicious as always... heh? What are you reading, Amano-san? Oh......"

   "Do you have... anything to say about it, Arawi-san?"

   "You know what? I can always explain... right? Wait... listen to me at least..."

Arawi Kenji:

Next day at about lunch time:

    There is a small blind spot on the rooftop of our school. There were currently 6 people sitting together - Me, Tanaka, Kouta, Amano-san, Sakura and Anjou.

   "Has that sender come yet?" (Tanaka)

   "No. But I want to ask you why have you come here? In fact, why are so many of us here? Only me and Kenji should be here." (Kouta)

    As both me and Kouta got the letters, the senders of the letters asked us to be here at lunch today. But there were 4 extra people with us. And it's not like we could stop them.

   "It's very exciting to see my beloved boyfriend getting love confessions from other girls..." (Anjou)

   The way Anjou glared at Kouta, even I received a shiver through my spine.

   "W-Why are you looking at me like that!? I told you right? That I got a normal letter and Kenji got a love letter. Yeah?" (Kouta)

   "We'll eventually see how normal is that normal letter..." (Anjou)

   Sweat popped up on Kouta's forehead. He desperately changed the topic.

   "A-Anyway. Why are you here Tanaka?" (Kouta)

   "If both of you are here, it'll be boring for me not to come." (Tanaka)

   "Sigh... and you Sakura?" (Kouta)

   "If Tanaka-kun is coming, I thought it would be something interesting!" (Rin)

   "Oh yes of course! Of course!... I don't know what to say anymore... and you Amano, by the way? I don't get any reason for your coming?" (Kouta)

   Amano-san looked at me before answering. 

   "I saw Rin and Anjou-san going. So I didn't want to be left out and I have come too..." (Suiren)

   Not that simple reason... I remembered what happened last night...

   She was so angry that she immediately ran to her room and closed the door. I had to stay by the door for about half an hour and keep requesting to open the door. When she finally opened it, she was holding a baseball bat. I was 90% sure that I was going to die. It took half an hour to explain about what actually had happened. And after the 50th time I told her that the letter must be a prank, she finally cooled down. 

   However the sadness remained in her face since then. It's really surprising that she is so sad because of it. 

   Is she by any chance...

   No... I don't think so...

   "Are both the letters written by same person?" (Tanaka)

   "No. The handwritings are different." (Kouta)

   "Hmm... hey! Someone has come!" (Tanaka)

   A boy entered and walked towards the railing. He sat there on the floor as if to wait for someone. We couldn't see who it is and he also couldn't see us as we were in the blind spot.

   "Kouta, I think he's waiting for you! You got a normal letter right?" (Tanaka)

   "Yeah... I think so... you all wait here." (Kouta)

   Kouta walked towards him.

   "Hey!"

   That boy looked back at him... and that boy was YOSHIDA! Surprise! Surprise!

   "Y-You?" (Kouta)

   "What's the matter?" (Yoshida)

   "No. Did you perhaps give me a letter to come here?" (Kouta)

   "Huh? No. I didn't give any letter to you. In fact, I gave a letter to Arawi." (Yoshida)

   "What?" (Kouta)

   "WHAT!?" (Rest of us)

    We all freaked out and Yoshida also spotted all of us after that. He was surprised to see so many of us here.

   "Why so many people? I only asked Arawi to come..." (Yoshida)

   I slowly walked towards him and asked, 

   "So it was YOU who gave me that letter?"

   "Yeah." (Yoshida)

   We all looked at each other as if anyone couldn't believe it. So that love letter was sent by him?

   "Umm... Yoshida?"

   "Yeah..."

   "I think you may not know it... but I'm not gay..."

   "Huh? What do you mean?"

   "I mean... I'm not gay..."

   "Yeah... but why are you telling me that?"

   "Because... you are gay?"

   "..................... THE F*CK ARE YOU SAYING?"

   "I'm saying... you are gay?"

   "NO I'M NOT! AND WHO TOLD YOU THAT?"

   I then showed him the letter I received. He looked at it and said,

   "Huh? I didn't send this letter."

   "Eh?"

   "Wait a moment", Kouta opened his letter and showed to Yoshida, "Is this the letter you sent?"

   "Yeah! That is the letter I sent!" (Yoshida)

   "Oh so that's it. For some reason it ended up in my locker, rather than Kenji's. Did you send it yourself or by someone else?" (Kouta)

   "Not myself. I asked someone else. Wait, let me call him." (Yoshida)

   The call was immediately received and he turned on the speaker mode so that everyone could hear. Yoshida told him about the problem. That guy thought a little and then said,

   "Actually when Yoshida asked me to send the letter to Arawi, another girl appeared and asked to send a letter to another boy. So I guess I have mistakenly sent the letters in the wrong lockers... I'm sorry!" (The receiver)

   "So that's it! You see?" (Yoshida)

   So Yoshida actually gave me the normal letter....

   I looked at Amano-san right now. A little smile of relief appeared on her face. As she smiled, it seemed like my tension was also disappeared. 

   "But Yoshida? Why did you send me that letter?"

   "Oh yeah... listen Arawi."

   Suddenly Yoshida kneeled down in front of me. Everyone was surprised by this.

   "I want to apologise to you for kicking your head last game. It was not only unsportsmanship but also a sore loser thing to do. I just couldn't digest the fact that we couldn't score against your team. I would do anything as punishment."

   I smiled a little and looked at my friends.

   "Don't worry. I already forgot about that."

   "Well... Kenji might forgive you. But we won't..... unless you treat us in the canteen for a whole week... then we might." (Tanaka)

   Everyone of us laughed including Yoshida. It looked like a perfect ending of a comedy show.

   "Wait a minute everyone..." (Anjou)

   "Hmm... what happened?" (Kouta)

   "Aren't you forgetting something, dear?" (Anjou)

   "Forgetting?" (Kouta)

   "Yes! If that normal letter was actually for Arawi.... then the love letter was for...." (Anjou)

   Anjou stared menacingly at him.

   "Oh dear lord..." (Kouta)

   "RIP my friend." (Tanaka)

   "I think I should go home. We don't have anymore class after lunch right?", I told them and started running. 

  "Oi Kenji! Why are you abandoning me here you f*cker!?" (Kouta)

  "I think I should go too." (Tanaka)

  "Stop right here you b*stard. Don't leave me." (Kouta)

  Kouta held Tanaka with his collar. But I already escaped from there. Well, I didn't want to be in the sh*tshow anymore!

   As I was about to go home, I heard someone running towards me.

   "Amano-san?"

   "Yeah I left too. Everyone else is still there though."

   "Yeah.... then let's go home together."

   I gently smiled at her. But she seemed a little troubled.

   "Umm... I'm sorry, Arawi-san. Last night I was too angry for no reason."

  "Don't worry about that."

  It seemed as though she was still sad. I thought for a minute and said,

  "I was thinking... as we are leaving early... how about we have fun?"

  "Eh... but where?"

  "Umm.... I have my bicycle so how about we explore the town. There are some interesting places too."

  "....So Arawi-san is asking me for a date?"

  "T-That's n-not..."

  "Fufu...", She chuckled and said, "Thank you..."

[To be continued]

That love letter case has another twist but that would be enlightened later. The next chapter will feature only the date of Arawi and Amano.

   

12