Chapter 19: A surprise visit
418 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arawi Kenji:

   It was about 7 A.M. when I woke up. I turned off my alarm of my phone. There was still 1 hour left for school so I decided to doze off for some more time. However I soon realised that I was not alone.

   Besides me, there was this cute girl, still asleep. For some reasons, she had decided to sleep here on the sofa. She was practically hugging me while sleeping. The sweet smell of the shampoo was still lingering from her hair. It took me a minute to realise that I was not in heaven. 

  However by this time, she always gets up. Today she was still sleeping which was very unusual for her. She was too cute and I didn't want to disturb her. But we would be late for school otherwise. 

   I lightly pushed her shoulders to wake her up.

   "Amano-san... wake up..."

   "Mmm...."

   She slowly opened her eyes, looked at me... and closed her eyes again.

   "Amano-san... it's 7 A.M. already."

   "Mmm... Eh?"

   It seemed as if her hangover finally got over. She took her phone and saw the time. 

   "Oh no! I have to make the breakfast. How could I sleep so much?"

   "Your alarm?"

   "Ah! I forgot to set it..."

   "It's okay... there's still one hour left. And you don't have to make the breakfast. We could just eat the cup noodles for today."

   "B-But... Arawi-san likes to eat the breakfast I make."

   So that's troubling her, huh? She is worried because I would not like cup noodles. Her cuteness makes my heart melt...

   "Just because I love your cooking, you don't have to make everytime for me. You're taking too much pressure for no reasons."

   "B-But..."

   "And you can be selfish if you want too. If you don't feel well, just order me to do the housework or anything."

   "But... Arawi-san sucks at housework."

   "Yeah... I'm useless... aren't I?"

   It's true. I can't even imagine how much help I got from her. Regular housework, cooking, and studying... she's incredible. 

   "It isn't true. My situation was a mess. I thought about leaving everything and escaping my family. I could only continue my usual life because of Arawi-san."

   She gently smiled at me and continued, 

   "And... Arawi-san said I could be selfish, right?"

   "Yeah... ask me anything."

   "Then... can we stay like this a little longer?"

   ".... we have some times left so yeah."

   "Can you stroke my head like before?"

   "Anything you want, princess."

   We basically returned to the positions where we were sleeping and I continued to gently stroking her head. It's fair to say I wouldn't mind doing this for a long time.

   "Ara~ Ara~ I can't believe it. You two are so cute together!"

   ""Eh?!""

   We both freaked out after hearing that voice behind us. We jumped up from the sofa and looked behind. And it was none other than my...

   "M-Mom!?"

   "Ara~ Did I perhaps scare you?"

   "Of course! How did you even enter?"

   "Huh? Did you forget that your mama always have a duplicate key of your home?"

   Ah... yeah she always has one extra key so that she can enter my home in case of emergency. 

   "But hang on... that's for emergency cases. You didn't even press the door bell!"

   "Fufu... I wanted to give you a surprise."

   "Please don't do that from now on. Anyway why are you even here at this morning?"

   "I wanted to meet you two. Specially Sui-chan! That's why I came just before you leave for school."

   She then approached Amano-san and said,

   "I hope my son isn't troubling you? If he does, you can just tell me."

   "Don't glare at me, Mom! I don't trouble her at all."

   "Yeah... Arawi-san is a very good boy."

   "Then... don't tell me he always orders you to do all the work? You always kick his arse if he lazes around."

   "Nah I do the housework because I want to. And Arawi-san never forces me to do anything."

   "Okay that's good."

   "Enough mom! We have to go to school right now!", I shouted.

   "Huh? But you two were sleeping so peacefully together."

    Both me and Amano-san blushed at her words.

   "And also I already sent this video to your dad and grandpa."

   "What video?"

   Mom then showed us her phone. On the screen, I was patting her head while we were sleeping.

   "WTF mom?! Why did you record this?"

   "I couldn't help myself. You too were looking so cute."

   "Delete it!"

   "Come on~ Now now... I don't think you two even brushed till now. Get freshed. And I want to speak with Sui-chan in secret~"

   "Eh?... okay.", Amano-san was a little surprised at this but she eventually agreed.

    While I went to washroom for my toothbrush, Amano-san followed me. My mom was sitting on the drawing room at that time.

   "Arawi-san..."

   "Ah sorry, Amano-san. It's my fault for giving my mom the extra key."

   "Nah it's okay... I was saying... what is your mom going to say to me? I'm a little nervous."

   "Huh? Don't worry. She was probably going to have some jokes with you. And also.... probably going to tell you about some of my embarrassing stories... Jeez I hate that."

   She was still nervous. I moved closer to her and tapped her shoulders to calm her down. She smiled and went.

                                  ♤

   "Eh? You're already going?"

   We were about to go out for school. But at the same time, mom also was packing her bag. She was here for maybe 30-40 minutes.

   "Yeah. I have work after all."

   "Why the hell did you even come for then?"

   "Of course to see my cute children cuddling with each other ~"

  "Stop! It's embarrassing."

  She wished goodbye and we also went for school. I asked Amano-san then, "So what did she joke with you?"

  "She was teasing me non-stop."

  "Haha as expected."

  "Also...."

  "Hm?"

  "She asked me why we aren't calling each other by our first names."

   "Oh..."

   "Should we try?"

   "Umm... do you want to? You don't need to force yourself."

   "It's okay.... K..."

   "Why are you stuttering?"

   "K... Ken..."

   "Is it really embarrassing?"

   "Kenji-kun..."

   It is embarrassing! I didn't realise it first! 

   "Okay... then let me call your name too..."

   "O-Okay..."

   "S... Suiren..."

   "........"

    There was a silence of one minute after that. It's fair to say we both were embarrassed too much. When we were close to our school I said,

   "H-How about I remain on Amano-san?"

   "M-Me too... I will remain on Arawi-san for now!"

    "Oh and also I wonder what happened to Kouta and his girlfriend Anjou? We didn't talk since last day. Didn't he receive THAT love letter?"

    I said that as I desperately tried to change the topic at that moment.

    "Oh... even I didn't talk to anyone since yesterday. I wonder what happened after we left."

   "We will see when we reach there. I don't know why but I'm having a bad feeling right now."

    

[To be continued]

   

    

    

   

    

12