Chapter 20: What actually happened on the rooftop
381 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arawi Kenji:

    As usual I let Amano-san to enter the school first, just to avoid any kind of suspicion from our classmates. After she entered the class, I too moved towards the classroom. However a certain someone was waiting for me just before the door. He was leaning on the wall and thinking something.

   "Oh wow Kouta, you're actually alive!"

   "It was a close call. But here I am."

   "So what actually happened yesterday? Did that girl come to confess you? And you accepted her confession?"

   I was a little excited myself because it's always fun to gossip about others' love dramas.

   "Dude, I wouldn't have been alive if I accepted anyone's confession in front of Anjou."

   "Yeah that's true... so that means you have rejected her?"

   "No."

   "Huh? So what did you do?"

   "There was a twist in the story."

   "Tell me in details please."

   "Yeah... so hear out..."

    We were still standing outside the classroom. The teacher had still not come. He probably was absent today. Kouta took a deep breath and began telling his story...

   "If I'm correct, just after you left the place, Amano also left saying she had some work. I still don't understand why she came with us in the first place."

   "Yeah who knows why...", I tried my best to keep a poker face.

   "But anyway... just after you and Amano left, that girl finally came to the rooftop. Everyone else was still there on the rooftop. She said that she didn't arrive before because she was confused after seeing so many people on the rooftop."

   "Who is that girl?"

   "That girl is... Minamoto Arisa."

   "Oh... wait... isn't that girl..."

   "You're right, Kenji. She is the richest girl of our school."

    I remembered it. She is in our class although I hardly ever had a conversation with her. 

   "So that girl came to confess to you, Kouta. You're quite lucky."

   "Umm... no. Because it was not me who she wanted to confess to."

   "Eh? Wasn't that letter for you?"

   "Here's the twist... it was for Tanaka. Not me."

   "What the--- But that Yoshida's friend told it was for you, didn't he?"

   "Yeah... we all, including Yoshida, were confused as f*ck. But after discussing with that guy again... here's the conclusion we got---"

   Kouta stopped for a moment and then continued...

   "First, Yoshida told that guy to put his letter in Arawi's box. Then that girl, Arisa told that same guy to put her letter in Tanaka's box. However that guy f*cked up TWICE. He mistakenly put Yoshida's letter in my box and Arisa's letter in your box. And he didn't put anything in Tanaka's box."

   "I honestly can't blame that guy. They should have put the letter themselves rather than asking someone else to do that job."

   "Correct, I think both Arisa and Yoshida were scared that someone might see them putting letters inside shoe lockers. So they both asked someone else to do it."

   Yeah... that was quite an incredible mystery story. But at least we know now, that love letter was for Tanaka.

   "Well at least, you are safe now, Kouta."

   "Yeah Anjou would have killed me if that letter really was for me. Anyway she is quite happy now as it was not for me."

   "Of course... but what did Tanaka do then? Did he accept her confession?"

   "Umm... no. He did ask her for some time to think about it though."

  "Really? She is the richest girl here. I think Tanaka could have agreed right then haha."

  "Oh he was about to do that... Arisa also seemed like she liked him so much. We were almost getting a happy ending.... until.."

  "Until?"

  "Here let me show you..."

  "Huh? What?"

  "Just come."

   Kouta slowly opened the door of our classroom. There was no teacher. So the classroom was loud. However, everyone's attention was on three students - Tanaka, Minamoto and Sakura. Minamoto was embracing his right arm while Sakura was holding the left.

   The boys were staring at him with jealous eyes while the girls were just astonished.

   "W-What the hell is this, Kouta?"

   "Real life harem..."

    I completely forgot about Sakura. She loves Tanaka after all. She definitely isn't gonna leave him and Minamoto alone.

    "Just after Minamoto confessed to Tanaka, Sakura couldn't stay calm anymore. He also confessed to him."

    "Amazing..."

    "And so, they both asked Tanaka - 'who would you choose?'. Tanaka was like... 'f*ck this sh*t, I'm out of here'."

    Tanaka was obviously troubled by all of this. He was looking hopeless until he noticed us.

   "Oi Kenji! Kouta! Please help me!" (Tanaka)

   "Nah..." (Kenji)

   "Didn't you say that you wanted to be popular?" (Kouta)

    We actually wanted to help him, but it's impossible in this sh*tshow. Basically who would want to go between those two girls who are in absolutely battle mode?

Amano Suiren:

     Just like all of my classmates, I could only watch them in daze. I never saw Rin this much possessed. And Minamoto-san was looking scary too.

   "I don't know what will happen next. But Rin-chan will not give up unless she gets rejected of course."

    Remon said to me while drinking some cold drink. How could she drink such cold drinks in winter though?

   "I never saw Rin like this before. It's like an anime plot.", I remarked.

   "Love makes you do crazy things."

   That's true.... I looked at Arawi-san. While all of this chaos were going on, Arawi-san was watching his phone. I looked at him and smiled.

   "Thank God my Arawi-san isn't popular..."

   "Hm? What did you say, Sui-chan?"

   "Ah N-Nothing!"

  

Arawi Kenji:

    It was lunch when Tanaka and Kouta came towards me. By now the situation had cooled down a little bit. However tension between Minamoto and Sakura was still pretty much there.

   "Hey... you look exhausted?", I asked.

   "Of course I am! What is this situation?"

   "But you always wanted harem, didn't you?"

    "I always thought cute girls harem will be fun. But this is not fun at all! Also those jealous eyes from all the boys... I can't take it anymore!"

    Damn... my guy is mentally checked out!

    "Why don't you just reject both of them?", Kouta suggested. 

   "Ah can I do that?" (Tanaka)

   "Of course you can!" (Kouta)

   "Yeah... but I don't want to hurt them also..." (Tanaka)

   "Dude..." (Kouta)

    Oh Tanaka... if you're not an ideal harem protagonist, I don't know who is...

    "Anyway... f*ck this sh*t... let's talk about Tomorrow." (Tanaka)

   "Hm? What's happening tomorrow?" (Kenji)

  "Dude, you forgot? Tomorrow we are coming at your home..." (Tanaka)

  "Huh? My home?" (Kenji)

   "Seriously you forgot? Tomorrow is El Classico! Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona! You promised us that we will watch that match together!" (Tanaka)

    Oh yeah... I did promise them that. However right now...

   "Umm... can't we watch it at yours or Kouta's house?" (Kenji)

   "Eh? What happened to your home?" (Kouta)

   Because Amano-san is living with me! There's no way I could let you two to find out about that! 

   "Dude, my parents will be angry at us for shouting. Same as Kouta's. Only you live alone in your apartment. Your place is just too perfect for us..." (Tanaka)

   "Yeah but still no..." (Kenji)

   "But WHY!?" (Tanaka)

   "What's the problem, Kenji? Tell us, we would not interfere with anything." (Kouta)

    Jeez... what's this situation? It's really hard for me to deny my two best friends...

   "Okay I would inform you this evening about it..." (Kenji)

   

At evening:

    "Oh so that's it? When do they want to come here?", Amano-san asked.

   "The match starts at 8 P.M. so they probably will come at 7:30 P.M. and stay for may be 2-3 hours."

   "Ah... but I don't think it would be a problem..."

   "Eh? What do you mean, Amano-san?"

   "I can just go outside for that much time."

   "No way!"

   "Eh? Why?"

   "I can't let Amano-san stay outside at night."

   "I-I'm not a child, you know?"

   "Still you can't. I absolutely won't take any risk on Amano-san especially!"

    She slightly blushed after hearing that.

   "Umm... then how about I stay inside the bedroom?", she then suggested.

   "Huh? Will that work?"

   "Yes. I will lock that room. Arawi-san should just deny them coming inside the bedroom anytime."

    Yeah... that's actually sensible decision.

   "But... even then I hope Amano-san won't have any trouble?"

   "Absolutely not!"

    "Okay... then I will inform them."

    I hope this goes well without any problem. 

 

Spoiler Alert: This didn't go well....

    

[To be continued]

   

11