Chapter 8
123 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Andrew came home, there was a steaming medium-sized pizza on the kitchen table and Erin was fast asleep. Furthermore, there was a note next to it.

Found a job with paid trial period and training.

The bottle in the fridge is filled with blood. Don’t drink it.

Enjoy the pizza.

A small smile blossomed on Andrew’s face. It was nice of Erin to get him something with his money. Especially since the man didn’t have a lot. Not even clothes.

Andrew worried on his bottom lip. That just couldn’t do. He needed to get Erin something so that he could go to work with clothes that fit. Andrew could guess the man’s size.

The ginger just hoped that Erin wouldn’t mind second hand clothes. After all, all of Andrew’s were from there. They costed less, were a bit more conservative since they were mostly from the 90s, and Andrew didn’t see a need to spend more for new clothes when he could just as easily buy used ones.

Tomorrow, after work, he’ll go shopping. And he would get Erin dress pants and shirts and pullovers. It was cold out. He guessed that he would need to get him some underwear. That had to be new.

Andrew was squeamish about wearing second hand underwear. He knew that it had gone through dry cleaning before it got in the piles, but he still didn’t want to get it. And, if he didn’t want it for himself, why should he get it for Erin? Erin deserved nice things too!

Having made up his mind, he added shoes to the bucket list, going to check Erin’s threadbare shoes for their size. He wrote it down in his notebook and went to eat before the pizza went cold.

Then, he tiptoed to his room and went to his laptop. Some of the customers he had had today told him they will comment on the blog. He was excited. Karl had welcomed the idea for free marketing and had even paid Andrew for overtime for creating the blog.

Andrew went to the site and checked the comment section.

Very informative, the cashier knows how to tell a story.

Andrew smiled, and his smile widened when he saw that the person had shared the blog. He clicked on the connection and saw that it was shared on the man’s Facebook wall and that there were more comments there.

One lady, from Atlanta, asked if they did orders with deliveries from the shop. That got Andrew thinking. He could get rid of some of the smaller things that way. Maybe even hold an auction in eBay for the bigger things. Karl wouldn’t complain if they got more money for some things.

With that thought in mind, he lifted through some of the more expensive items he had gotten on the blog and made them eBay auctions. Writing that on the blog, so people would bid.

The smaller things he should add later. Possibly, he could make a Shopify drop-shipping site and link it to the blog? The blog had certainly gotten him more clients. He had managed to get fifty sales and had gotten five extra dollars for them over his normal pay.

It wasn’t much, but it was a start. Considering that Karl wouldn’t have anything against Andrew counting the eBay and Shopify sales to his daily in-store ones, he knew that he would get a much bigger bonus soon.

Satisfied when William’s painting got a bid of 180 dollars, he went to sleep with a smile on his face.

The next morning, the painting was already at 10,998 dollars and Andrew’s eyes were threatening to bulge out of his eye sockets. This was a miracle. The auction would run for another eight hours. He hoped that the price would rise some more.

Checking the rest of the things, he saw that they were about a hundred dollars above the starting price, for the most part. He supposed that was fair. They were not a full-length painting, after all.

He bagged his laptop, determined to make the Shopify website during his three to five downtimes. For some reason, people just didn’t come then. He decided to be productive.

Going out of his room, he saw that Erin was no longer in the couch and that the blanket was neatly folded. Andrew smiled. That was considerate of the man. Then, Andrew checked the washing machine. Sure enough, Erin’s old clothes were inside. It was quite full too.

Andrew placed the needed cleaning products in the dispenser and turned the timer on. It will start in eight hours, cycle for two, and be done just as Andrew came back. Then, the dryer could do the rest.

The ginger took a toast for work and an apple. He had eaten quite a bit these past two days. Yesterday, he had to eat the entire pizza, since Erin got it for him. The day before, he had eaten two plates of pasta. Besides, it was not like he didn’t eat breakfast or lunch. He needed to be careful. Least he got fat.

Andrew walked to the store and opened it. He swept it up and then dusted it. Then, since there was no one yet and the shop wasn’t supposed to be opening for another twenty minutes, he pulled out his laptop and began searching for how one could make a drop-shipping store with Shopify. 

When the time came for the store to open, there was a group of people outside. They spend about ten minutes browsing what could be seen from outside and then, they entered.

“We saw your blog,” said a middle-aged woman. “And the auctions.”

“Thank you for showing such interest,” said Andrew, nodding politely.

“What is the most special thing in here that is not on auction?” she asked. Her friends were browsing around, and Andrew looked behind the counter. Yes, this was certainly special. But Karl had told him to be careful to whom he sold it. Not everyone could understand, after all.

“We have this diary of a person who fought on the side of the Confederacy. You can take a look, if you’d like,” the woman blinked and nodded. Andrew handed it over and went to tend to the other customers. 

7