Chapter 14
88 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Erin was on the dance floor, having a blast, by the looks of it. Andrew, on the other hand, was at the bar, nursing a soda and wanting to be anywhere but here.

It had been a novelty, this place with all its people who were here for the fun of it. But the novelty had soon worn off when Erin abandoned him to go and dance with some girl.

Andrew watched the vampire as he twirled her around expertly. Then, Erin began to dance the tango with her, and the dance floor cleared. People watched just as mesmerized as Andrew, as Erin made up for his dance partner’s clumsiness by leading her expertly.

Andrew gripped his glass tighter when Erin leaned into the girl and almost kissed her, but pulled back at the last minute with a devil-may-care grin on his now full lips.

Erin had changed a lot in the past month. He now had a regular supply of blood and could afford to get as much as two bottles per day. That translated into better skin, better, healthy, glow to his body, and a look that didn’t make him look like a starved third world person.

The vampire was wearing a red shirt and black dress pants. Andrew had noticed that both of their sets of clothes were new when they had come to the bar. He felt uncomfortable having indirectly made his friend spend so much on clothes for him.

But there were people everywhere here and, so, Andrew had kept silent. Someone slipped on the stool that Erin had vacated, but Andrew was still looking at the dancing pair.

“They look nice, yes?” Andrew turned to look at the person who spoke. It was an elegant woman. In a black cocktail dress. More at home in an art gallery showcase than a bar.

She was blonde, and her hair seemed to be naturally so. And she had the greenest eyes he had ever seen. He smiled bashfully as her eyes travelled down his form.

“He is my roommate,” blurted out Andrew when he didn’t have anything else to say.

“And he left someone as delectable as you all alone on the bar?” She purred and Andrew gulped. Ok, so, maybe the whole reason why Erin had brought him here was, so he could find a girl. But, now that he was faced with one, a beautiful one at that, he was at a loss for what to do or say.

“Uhm…” he said, uncomfortable. This was a bad idea. He didn’t know how to hit on girls. He had never tried to.

She pressed a finger to his lips and winked.

“I am the owner of this place. I have an apartment upstairs. Would you like to see it?” Andrew’s eyes widened. Was she hinting at what he thought she was? She leaned in to his space and he could smell lilies on her. It made her seem even more high class to him.

“I have a wonderful bed, and you look like you need to unwind and sleep more than you need to be here, staring at your roommate as he has fun,” she pulled back and winked. Then, she stood up, and he found he missed the weight of her finger on his lips.

She moved away from him. He was before a dilemma. This was his chance to lose his virginity. She looked experienced, so she could guide him through that. He looked at Erin, who was now snogging the girl in a dark corner. Yes, Erin would be fine for a while. Andrew motioned the bartender to himself.

“My friend was the one who danced the tango. Could you tell him I will be a bit busy and for him to wait for me? I won’t take long,” the bartender send him a knowing look, but nodded.

Andrew stood up and found the woman with his eyes. She was waiting by the staircase. He blushed at what he was about to do, and he made his way to her. As soon as he reached her, her hand took a hold of his.

“I am glad we are going to get to know each other,” said the woman huskily, and she led him up. Andrew followed with an embarrassed look on his face. All he could think of was how this was wrong, on some level.

He didn’t know the woman. Didn’t even know her name. And he was going to sleep with her. Well, there won’t be any sleeping involved. And he was going to get Erin out of here straight after the act. But, it didn’t sit right with Andrew.

“What is your name? Mine is Andrew Jackson,” the woman chuckled.

“You may call me Dove,” so, she preferred not to tell him. This was just a bit of fun for her. He felt used, then. Andrew dug in his heels and made to turn back when a pair of strong arms pulled him up the stairs.

They didn’t feel like the woman’s. More like bouncer’s. Andrew tried to scream, but hands found their way to his mouth.

“I never get rejected,” said the woman in a cruel voice. “Definitely not by jail baits.”

Andrew was thrown in a lavishly decorated room, and he wildly looked around. A gorilla of a man blocked the door. There was already a man on the bed. He looked at Andrew like Andrew was a chunk of meat.

“Frederik, I brought you a snack. Fresh and tender,” at that, Andrew’s eyes widened. The woman left, and so did the bouncer. But, as she closed the door, Andrew saw the bouncer standing on the other side.

He heard footsteps distancing themselves from the door and looked at the man on the bed in fear. What was he going to do to Andrew? Was he going to… Andrew’s mind shut itself off and the panic gripped him fully.

“Relax, morsel. I won’t hurt you. All I need is a bit of blood from you,” the man extended his fangs and made his way to Andrew as Andrew backed away.  

4