Chapter 16
82 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Andrew had done his tasks mechanically. His mind on what he did last night. He wanted to do something nice for Erin. Maybe get him blood? But, Andrew had no idea from where to get him human blood.

Perhaps he could get him pig blood? There was a butcher’s store four streets from the antique shop. Yes, he decided as he finished sending the last thing for today, he could get Erin some pig blood. The butcher would surely be understanding. Potentially, Andrew could lie and tell him he needed it for blood pudding?

He went to the butchers and got in line. When it was his turn, there was no one left in the store with him. Bar the butcher himself.

“I would need a liter of pig blood. For blood pudding,” said Andrew, trying to keep his nervousness under wraps.

“Oh, I like it myself. But, you will need about two liters for a good dose. First time making it?” Andrew nodded, and the man went in the back and came back with two bottles.

“That would be a dollar,” said the butcher, and Andrew was surprised that it was so cheap. He handed the money and got the bag with the blood. He went straight home.

Leaving the blood in the fridge, he went and checked the auction. Erin’s teas were selling for a hundred dollars per box. Andrew wondered if Erin told his boss he was making good money off one of her cheapest goods. Andrew figured he wasn’t.

Erin didn’t like his boss. Apparently, he was just waiting until someone asked him to supply them with the teas, so he could get a sturdy influx of cash. Then, Erin had told him, Erin would resign from his job and just go to get the teas.

To each his own, Andrew knew that not everyone could be like him and want to work. The ginger didn’t mind helping Erin. He had long since found a way to return the brown-haired man’s money to him without him knowing.

Erin needed the money, and Andrew made enough from the shop to begin thinking about enrolling himself in university. He would need to learn remotely. Coming to classes only for the practical work. But, with ten thousand in his savings account, his dream of becoming an archeologist was closer than ever.

Andrew smiled wistfully, already imagining himself on a dig site with his team, as the door opened. Erin walked in with a bag, and Andrew knew he was bringing more tea home.

“There is pig blood in the fridge. I didn’t know from where to get you human blood,” said Andrew, and Erin grinned. He made a beeline for the fridge and uncorked one of the bottles. He drank and, when he was done, his eyes were wide.

“This isn’t smelly at all. And I feel even more full than with human blood,” Andrew smiled. He was glad to hear that it was so.

“The two bottles costed only one dollar,” he said, and Erin facepalmed.

“You mean to tell me I have been giving fifty dollars for a bottle when I could have gotten two bottles for one?” Andrew nodded and Erin whimpered.

“All my savings, gone. And I could have lived off them for longer,” lamented Erin, and he went to sit next to Andrew. “How do you feel, Andy?”

“Good. I…thank you for saving my life,” said Andrew, blushing. He wanted to ask Erin if they could repeat the act, some time, without Andrew’s life being threatened. But, he was too embarrassed to.

“Think nothing of it. I was glad to help,” then, Erin blushed. “And I had fun.”

Andrew smiled wider at the admission. Perhaps there was a chance that they could do it again. Andrew hoped so, at least.

“Anyway, Andy, you need your rest. So, how about you teach me how to make nice-looking ads for auctions and how to put them up? Then, you can go to bed,” Andrew nodded and pulled up his phone. He unlocked it and handed it over.

“You have to find a nice angle. And, take a photo of only one thing at a time,” began Andrew, and he coached Erin on how to take the photos and how to edit them.

It took some time, but, Erin was a quick study. When he made a photo that was up to Andrew’s standards, Andrew left him to work and went to bed. He kept tossing and turning, but he couldn’t sleep.

Finally, he got up with a huff and went to the living room. Erin was still working. Andrew approached him hesitantly. He tapped on Erin’s shoulder, and the vampire turned to look at him.

“I was thinking,” began Andrew, face as rosy as can be. “We had fun last night. Are you against repeating the…act?”

Andrew looked down. Erin had money now. If he was disgusted, he could leave. Andrew hoped that he wasn’t. He hoped that they could be something more than roommates.

“Are you certain, Andy? I’ll have you know that I swing both ways, but, are you sure you don’t want a nice girl instead?” Andrew shook his head. “Well, fine. Let me just finish here, and I’ll come to bed.”

Andrew grinned and went back to the bedroom. When Erin came, he wasted no time kissing Andrew and making quick work of the teen’s pajamas. As Andrew hooked up his legs around Erin’s back, he could only think how this was right, somehow. Then, the pleasure became too much to bear, and he stopped thinking entirely.

The next morning, when Andrew woke up, Erin was still in bed. It was also still dark out. Andrew didn’t want to be the one to abandon the bed first, so, he snuggled into Erin and decided to take a nap.

He felt Erin shift in his arms hours later. Only for the brown-haired man to flip them over and kiss Andrew gently.

“Up for a morning round?” Asked Erin, and Andrew nodded. He could get used to this.

3