Chapter 18
72 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andrew and Erin jogged. More like, Andrew was jogging and Erin was huffing and puffing behind him.

“Come now, Erin. We have been at it for just an hour,” called Andrew without turning back. Erin sends him a glare.

“Yes, an hour. Why can’t we stop before I throw up my lungs?” He snapped and Andrew stopped.

“You have a better endurance in the bedroom,” noted Andrew as Erin stood, bent over and trying to catch his breath.

“What we do in the bedroom is fun, Andy. This is not,” Erin stood up and went to sit on a bench. They were in the park, and it was foggy out. They were alone in the alley and so, no one had seen Erin nearly fall down. That spared his pride somewhat.

“You need to keep in shape, Erin. Do you know what we will wear for the birthday party?” Andrew was going, leaning towards a shirt and a pullover. It was cold out, and he wanted to seem professional.

A man passed them by and, when Andrew saw his features, his eyes widened. It was Frederik! The vampire took one look at Erin and then at Andrew and shrugged. He smirked and continued on.

Now, Andrew knew that there was something wrong. He traced the direction from which Frederik had come and tugged at Erin.

“We have to go there. That was Frederik,” Erin looked at where Andrew was pointing, but couldn’t see anyone. The fog had closed up around them and Frederik had slipped away.

“What do you think you will find over there?” Asked Erin as he followed Andrew. Andrew didn’t know. He hoped that it was nothing. That Frederik had just gone out on a stroll.

But, what if the vampire had bitten someone? Then, if Andrew couldn’t find the victim, their death would be on Andrew. Erin saw an arm pocking from behind a bush and pointed at it.

“I think he had a snack,” it was the elegant woman. The one who wanted to be called Dove. Andrew went to her and shook her awake. She reached out towards his face, but Andrew backed away.

“Please, I will die,” she begged. Andrew was unmoving.

“You knew what he was. What he did. And you let him,” accused Andrew. Suddenly, he felt no pity for her. No compassion.

“I loved him. And he never cheated. Then, the bastard fed from me in broad daylight and left me here. Please, the poison acts faster in the daylight,” Andrew was unmoving, though.

“You will tell me everything you know about Frederik. And I will find you a sex worker,” Andrew didn’t know from where, but he was fairly certain that few people would pass up the opportunity to sleep with this woman. She let out a sob and swayed dangerously on her feet.

“Darn that bastard!” She yelled and began tugging at her hair. “To leave me to die! To make me whore myself to survive!”

Well, Andrew thought, she had brought this to herself.

“Erin, stay here. I will bring her someone,” said Andrew as Erin looked at the enraged woman with distaste.

Andrew walked with a purpose. He looked for thinly clad people, but, everyone looked dressed for the weather. He neared a homeless man who was begging on the ground.

Well, beggars couldn’t be choosers.

“Hey, my friend is a nymphomaniac, and she can’t stand by without sex for more than five hours. She skipped her session. I’ll pay you a hundred dollars if you scratch her itch,” the homeless person looked like Christmas had come. Andrew gave him the money and led him back to Erin and the woman.

Erin was on the other side of the alley as the woman was eyeing him like he was a piece of meat. Andrew pointed at the homeless person.

“He agreed to help. The bathroom cabins are over there,” the still unnamed woman send him a glare, but then she smiled seductively and extended her hand.

“Man, I sure am lucky. I thought that you were bringing me to a fat chick,” Andrew noted that some front teeth of the man were missing and that his teeth were black. The woman noticed the same because she frowned. Then, she looked pained, and she stood up.

“Come on, this way,” she took a hold of the homeless person and went in the bathroom cabin. It began to shake soon after and Andrew looked at Erin.

“I think this is our cue to go home,” said Andrew. A woman and her child passed them by, and they looked at the cabin in distaste.

“Degenerates,” muttered the woman, placing a hand on her child’s eyes. The little girl looked confused. Guess someone will be given the talk tonight, Andrew shuddered at the thought.

“Didn’t you want to find out more about Frederik?” Asked Erin. Andrew placed a hand over his eyes and slid it down over his nose.

“Forgot about that. I guess I was too caught up in what I was doing. Guess we will have to wait,” the cabin gave out one, last, violent shudder and the woman, who was now wearing a distasteful expression, and the homeless person got out.

“I’ll be here every day, if you need me, baby doll,” said the man, and he skipped along. One hundred dollars richer and satisfied. The woman righted her conservative dress and made her way to the two who were waiting.

“Is he like Frederik?” She asked and pointed at Erin.

“Vampire, yes. Asshole, no,” she nodded.

“My name is Daphne Socros. And I will tell you all about Frederik. After what I just endured, I want to see him caught and experimented on!” She snapped with all the spite of a woman who had been left to die.

“That sounds excellent, Daphne,” said Erin, and then he pointed at a white line on her leg. “But you might want to clean that first.”

Daphne took out a handkerchief and began to wipe, muttering curses all the while. Andrew supposed that it served her right. For helping a killer.   

3