Chapter 20
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “He is going to kills us all,” Daphne had long since gone through a panic attack. Now, the cold realization was the only thing on her mind.

“You don’t know that,” said Andrew. Erin looked up and groaned.

“She does. She slept with the psychopath,” Andrew send him an exasperated look and Erin looked at the laptop. They had turned on the news. The homeless person was dead. And he must have blabbed before he died because there was an unknown car down that could be seen from the parking lot.

Again, there is the strange bite. But, this time, the throat was also slit. Samantha, what do you think about all this?

Andrew turned off the stream and looked around his apartment. Apart from the kitchen knives, there was nothing they could use for weapons. They needed bait and the government’s help. His eyes found Daphne’s.

“No,” she deadpanned. “Whatever stupid plan you have, jail bait, I am not playing along.”

“Think about it,” said Andrew. Trying to make his voice coaxing. “The second you go outside, he will have you snatched. If he is not the one in the car, that is, and, if he is, he can grab you himself. So, just play along. Tell him you forgive him and was just trying to get his attention. Let him think he played you.”

Daphne shook her head violently, and Erin decided that it was his turn to help.

“Look, he could blow up the entire building if you stay here for too long. Think about all the people that could die. Do you really want more deaths on your conscience?” Daphne stopped shuddering and looked Erin straight in the eyes.

“Do you really think he would go to such extremes?” Erin nodded and she gave out a low whine. “I am just a bar owner that was living out a fantasy. How did it come to this?”

Andrew wanted to remind her that she was not innocent. Many had died because she had played bait for her vampire lover. But he knew that she felt no remorse over that. So, he played on her fear.

“He won’t kill you right away, if you play your hands right. Think, Daphne. This could be your chance to be free of him. You can repair your bar and things will go back to normal. You might even find some other bad boy to wrap around your finger,” Daphne smiled at that, and Andrew resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He knew what part it was that she heard.

“Ok, I am in. I will give you my phone number, so you can track me,” she said, taking out her iPhone. Andrew took it and called his phone from it. There, with the number, he downloaded a parental program and loaded Daphne’s number. Then, he gave her back the phone.

“Here goes. If I die, I hope Frederik do you both bloody,” Andrew let the innuendo slip his mind. If she died and Frederik was not on his way to an operational table, he was sure that both he and Erin would have to run.

Daphne plastered a neutral expression on her face and walked out. Both Andrew and Erin went to the window, and they looked out of it. She made her way to the unknown car, and it opened. Frederik stepped out and they hugged and kissed. Then, they both got in the car and drove off.

“So far so good,” said Erin. Andrew checked the tracker app and found that they were going towards downtown. “Come on, call the police!”

Andrew quickly did so. He waited until someone answered and he spoke.

“I would rather remain anonymous, but, I know who the serial killer is. His name is Frederik and I saw him going towards downtown with a woman. You have to be quick. She may be his next victim. I can remain on the line and give you further information,” he heard a sputter from the other side and then, a woman spoke.

“Sir, tell us when they stop. We will corner them without sirens. This better not be a joke. We have been trying to catch him for years,” Andrew looked at Erin, who was worrying his bottom lip.

Every so often, Andrew would give new directions to the woman on the other side of the phone. And, when Frederik stopped before Princess hotel, he told her so.

“Sir, thank you for your assistance. Stay on the line in case they move somewhere else,” Andrew nodded.

An hour passed in silence, their nerves being uptight. But, when the hour was over, the woman on the other side finally spoke again.

“We found him. The woman is well, not bitten this time. Although we found them in bed. We are now questioning whatever she was his accomplice,” Andrew shook his head. Of course, Daphne had not gotten her mind out of the gutter.

“She is a friend. Both I and my lover can testify that she had nothing to do with Frederik. Even though he would claim the opposite,” considering all the people Daphne played bait for were now dead, it would be Frederik’s word against theirs.

“He does claim she brought him the men for him to kill. But, then again, he might just want to not go down alone. She looked shaken at the implications that she could have done such a thing, the officer on site told me. We will search for more evidence. For now, both of them will remain in custody,” Andrew looked at Erin who mouthed custody, amazement on his face.

Andrew cut off the call, and Erin, and he high-fived.

“We did it. Mister big bad wolf is getting a scalpel up the ass,” said Erin as he hugged Andrew.

“Yes, and no one knows what you are. We will have to bail Daphne out, though. Or she might tell,” as much as the whole process would be distasteful to Andrew, they needed to help the woman. For Erin’s sake.

“We do that and our hands will be clean off the entire mess,” said Erin, and then he scooped up Andrew. “Come on. I need to vent some stress.”

Andrew blushed and let himself be carried to the bedroom. When they were done, Andrew decided that this was the most intense session that he has ever had. He rather liked it. 

2