Chapter 25
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “We can’t just report them. It is not right,” said Erin when they were back in their room.

“Are you certain, fangs? They could be the Wanderer?” Asked Daphne. Andrew was leaning towards her perspective, but he wanted to avoid telling her that. He was still smarting about how she had thrown them under the buss.

“We have to give them a chance,” said Andrew, and Daphne send him a glare.

“And, what? We will go into their den and hold hands with them as we sing about friendship and love?” Daphne shook her head and reached out for her phone.

“Daphne, if you do this for us, we will do something for you,” said Erin. He didn’t threaten her with biting again. It was a low dig, and he felt like scum after he had done so earlier in the day.

“Anything?” Her hand hovered over the phone, and Andrew got a bad feeling in his stomach.

“Anything,” confirmed Erin and Daphne smiled.

“Well, then, kiss,” she said, and she sat straighter in her bed.

“What?” Asked Andrew, eyebrows quirking.

“I want to see you two make out,” she said with a grin. “Come on, you used the bathroom for the purpose at least once while I was at your place. Where did the shame come from now?”

Erin shrugged and went to Andrew.

“Ignore the harpy,” he said as Daphne snickered. Then, Erin placed a hand behind Andrew’s head and brought him closer. He was teasing with the kiss, his free hand roaming over Andrew’s chest. They heard a squall and both turned towards Daphne.

“Oh, sorry. Never seen two men get down and dirty before. Now, get in the bed,” Andrew’s eyes widened, and he shook his head.

“Have some decency, woman,” snapped Erin. Daphne rolled her eyes.

“Fine, I guess that was pushing it. Fine. Let us go to the bat cave. I will need something special to wear. And so do both of you. The people have a yacht. You can’t show up at their house in second hand clothes,” Daphne wrinkled her nose and both Andrew and Erin shared a look.

“Guess she is right. So, shopping?” Asked Erin. Daphne clapped her hands.

“I know all the shops in this town by now. Come on. Cardita Formal Wear doesn’t close for another five hours. That is plenty of time to get you two something decent,” they got out and piled in the car. Daphne drove, since she knew where the store was.

When they arrived, they noticed how there were already people inside. Andrew saw how there was a sign saying that some clothes could be rented, and he grinned. He pointed at it.

“Hell no, jail bait,” said Daphne, shaking her head. “What if we get in a scuffle? You want to be James Bond, then you need to go in something that has never been worn before.”

“Andrew, she has a point. I mean, if we damage the suits, there is no returning them,” said Erin. Andrew looked at the sign again.

“It just doesn’t seem right to spend that much on clothes,” said Andrew. Both Erin and Daphne sighed and marched him inside. They went around, looking at the suits and dresses. Daphne took one look at a dark blue suit, and she nodded.

“This will make your eyes even more pronounced. This is for you, Andrew,” she said, and a clerk came to them.

“Yes? You liked this suit?” She asked and Andrew looked at it. It was definitely half-casual. The jacket had a low cut and there were only three bottoms on it. He looked at the pants. Form fitting. They will leave nothing to the imagination. He was not comfortable with that.

“Can we search for something more conservative?” He turned to the clerk, who showed him a black suit that looked more formal.

“No way, Andrew! You are wearing the suit I picked up, or you are going naked. Remember our deal,” Andrew sent Daphne an exasperated look, but nodded.

“I’ll go try it out,” the clerk pulled out a measuring tape.

“Let me just take your measurements, sir. That way, I can offer you something in your size,” Andrew stood still as she took the measurements. Then, she went in the back and came up with a suit in a bag. “The changing rooms are to the left.”

Andrew went inside one just as Daphne was picking out Erin’s suit. He changed, and he couldn’t recognize himself in the mirror. He looked like a player, or, more like, a special agent.

Furthermore, he supposed that he was. Andrew didn’t feel confident enough to pull out this look. But, he wanted to avoid trying if Daphne had been joking when she told him that there was a chance for him to go naked.

He exited and waited as Erin was changing. Daphne was by the dresses. Then, Erin came out of the changing room that had been next to the one Andrew used.

He had on a black suit. It, unlike Andrew’s, had more buttons on the jacket. It was still form fitting and there was a space for a handkerchief on the front. There was even one, inside the pocket.

“Hudson, Erin Hudson. Reporting for duty,” Erin had made his hands in the shape of a gun and was holding it up. Andrew giggled at the pose and swatted his arm.

“Yes, you look good. But when don’t you? We have to do something about your hair,” Andrew mused. Erin had taken to wearing it in a man bun, even after he quit his job. However, it just didn’t suit the suit.

“I can cut it off. There must be a barber around here somewhere,” Andrew’s eyes widened.

“No, I like your hair!” He said quickly. “Just tie it up in a ponytail. A low one.”

Erin got a mischievous look on his face.

“What do I get if I don’t cut off my hair?” He asked. Andrew racked his brain for what Erin like most.

“Sex after you drink from me,” he offered bashfully, and Erin whopped with joy.

“Deal.”    

1