Chapter 67
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 They had not moved to an island. Instead, they moved to Italy. There, Andrew would be one painter among many. But, then again, his talent, or, rather, the talent that the spell would give him, would shine all the brighter for it.

Ravenna was gorgeous, and they had an apartment in a quiet district. After the blow out of the Office of Supernatural Affairs, the other secrets agencies that dealt with non-humans came forward.

They, unlike the agency that operated in the states, didn’t experiment on the non-humans, and they come clean about who was imprisoned. As it turned out, only the agencies in America, Russia, and the countries of the Middle East did experimentation.

The agencies of the African countries were straight up executioners and the ones in Australia, of which there were three, handled the non-humans much the same as the European and Asian agencies.

There were no Agencies on South America, which baffled Andrew. Surely, the people there had known that there were non-humans among them? The mystery became clear when certain civilian organizations came forward.

As it turns out, monitoring the non-humans was the work of civilians over that continent. They had the least bit of non-human crime rate over there, because of that. Many humans and non-humans wanted the same for their countries, but their governments preferred not to step down.

In the states, things slowly changed in the year Andrew and Erin spend in Ravenna. The Office of Supernatural Affairs merged with the police, and it no longer employed non-humans who wanted a jail free card.

The bases were shut down and the non-humans relaxed. Andrew allowed himself to relax as well. He painted his days away. The cobbled streets of Ravenna were romantic to him.

The bright colors of the city called to him, and he didn’t spend his day cooped up in the apartment. Instead, he went out and painted various shops and sights. He loved painting Erin, even if it was in illusion form, and those paintings he never sold.

One day, as Andrew was sketching away a street while sitting in an outdoor coffee shop, he saw something he didn’t think he will ever again. Or rather, someone. It was Daphne, walking with a sure step towards him, wearing a summer long dress in blinding white with flower patterns on it.

“Andrew?” She asked when she came close. Andrew raised an eyebrow.

“My name is Asher, Asher Anders,” Andrew extended his hand and Daphne snorted.

“Jail bait, wendigo, have the best sense of smell there is, and Adam assured me your scent was all over Ravenna. This shop being one of the ones you frequent the most,” Andrew smiled bashfully. He was caught, it seems.

“And, where is Adam?” He looked around but couldn’t see his former team leader.

“In the car. Waiting to see how you would try to snub me. We wagered quite a bit that about that. I told him you will stand and pretend not to know me. He said you will run. Guess I will be eaten out, after all,” Daphne gave a smile and sat down. “Didn’t know you can sketch.”

“Eaten? Daphne, if you need help,” Daphne snorted.

“In the good sense. He and I are together,” Andrew raised an eyebrow at that. Really? Wasn’t Adam like three hundred years too old for her? “Now, don’t look at me like that, Andy. I required a nice guy. Adam put his neck on the chopping block for me. When he heard you and Erin ran, he came to get me. We have been on the run and in Europe ever since. Cold of you to leave me to fend for myself, jail bait.”

“I am glad that you are both ok. I was worried,” and Andrew had been. In every base he had broken in, he had been followed by the fear that he could find Adam strapped on a table, or Daphne in a coffin.

“Yes, well, save it. You couldn’t have stayed. Adam told me about some of the things they did to you. I, for one, am glad you ripped them a new one. So, what is new with you? And, where is Erin?” Andrew grinned and showed his ring to Daphne. He had taken to wearing it once they got to Ravenna. Sure that it wouldn’t be traced anymore.

“What? I know how your engagement ring looks,” Daphne turned around when she heard footsteps. Adam stood awkwardly behind her in a shirt and dress pants. The shirt was pink and the pants white. This was the most casual Andrew had ever seen him.

“Jack… Andrew, it is good to see that you are better, now,” Andrew nodded, glad that Adam had not suggested that Andrew was fine. Because Andrew will never really be fine. And, if he hadn’t been in a coma for the month of experimentation, he would probably be a mindless beast now.

“I hear that you and Daphne are together too. When did that happen? Details, people, details,” Adam cracked a grin as Daphne chuckled.

“We were in Austria at the time, in a small village,” began Daphne dreamily. “We got snowed inside and got cabin fever. Then, I straddled our dear Hawk, and the rest is history.”

Andrew shook his head. Of course, Daphne had taken the initiative. Adam was too uptight for that.

“I remember that we didn’t leave the bed for anything more than food and shower for the entire duration of the season,” said Adam, and Andrew felt like a child who caught his parents having sex. Still, he was happy for them.

“When are you getting married?” Asked Andrew, excited. Daphne extended her hand, and he saw the gold band on her ring finger.

“We got married last month. We wanted to have a double wedding with you and Erin, but, the Bill of Rights became international, and we got immunity as former agents. We are no longer on the run,” Andrew grinned. So, they could settle down. That was good.

2