More troubles
786 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julia's POV

(some time before the appearance of the crack)

I was 10 thousand meters above sea level in a military plane, we were flying over the city because the control tower had not given permission to land due to some problems in the hangar, I was getting desperate with every minute that passed, I was so close to my beloved son, a little more and I could see his beautiful face again and smell his delicious aroma, when I get home the first thing I am going to do is to kick that bitch out of my house so I can spend time alone with my baby, I could change him with the clothes I want and feed him a lot, we will be cuddling for a long time I need to recharge my energies with my dear Noah.

 

While I was immersed in my thoughts a message came from the control tower.

 

"Control tower to all aircraft in the area whether military or commercial, landing is prohibited, I repeat landing is prohibited due to unspecified circumstances any aircraft violating this order will be severely penalized" (Control tower).

 

The message was repeated 2 more times before it stopped being transmitted, I looked at the pilot to know what he thought about the matter, but he just looked at me and said with fear.

 

"S-Sorry, but we have to go, I hear the orders, we can't land, I hope you understand" (Pilot).

 

I stared at him for a moment until I realized that no matter what I did he wasn't going to change his mind, I was confused as that order seemed very strange something important should be happening maybe one of the CRACKS they mentioned is about to open but it shouldn't happen so soon and the probability of a CRACK appearing right in the middle of a city is very low but it could be possible I better quickly go home and take Noah to a safe place I thought for a moment what should I do until I make a decision I have to make the pilot pass close to my house, so I grabbed his shoulder very gently and squeezed until I heard a *crack* I think something broke with my touch but I don't care it's his fault for being so weak, I heard a whimper of pain from him, as I continued to put pressure on his shoulder I spoke.

 

"I need you to do me a favor and I won't take no for an answer, all you have to do is turn the plane northbound and when I tell you to open the cargo hatch it's very easy to understand" (Julia).

 

"Y-Yes Ma'am I understood perfectly!!!" (Pilot)

 

We flew for 10 minutes before arriving to the zone since the city where I live is one of the biggest and with more population, I pressed the red button of the hatch to warn the pilot to open it, it took a little while but still the hatch started to open and when it was completely open, I slowly walked to the edge and jumped.

 

I was falling for a whole minute and when I was about to hit the ground I used my spiritual energy to slow down the fall but still it was not enough to stop completely, I hit the pavement hard creating a pretty big crater, I got up slowly and dusted myself off, made sure my clothes were still in one piece and after making sure I was completely fine I got out of the crater, there were many people watching me and trying to help me but I didn't pay attention to them I ran in the direction of my home as fast as I could, I didn't grab any car since my running speed was much faster than a car.

 

When I arrived I opened the door only to find Valeria holding Noah who were about to leave, we had an argument and we were about to fight until a huge CRACK appeared in the middle of the city it is worth saying that we lived quite far away, so being able to see a CRACK at such a distance was very surprising, that is when I realized why they did not let any plane land they already knew that a CRACK was going to open but I do not understand why they did not evacuate the people of the city.

 

I looked at Valeria and while she was looking towards the crack, I snatched Noah from her hands she reacted instantly and tried to attack me with one of her tails, but I dodged it to the side and moved away from her, she looked at me annoyed for a moment before opening her mouth.

 

"Julia listen to me I don't think it's a good idea for us to fight now, you also know that rift is very different from all the others, I don't think this city will survive so the best option we have is to get away as soon as possible while protecting Noah from the aberrations of the abyss."(Valeria)

 

"Even though I don't get along with you I have to admit that about that I agree with you, but I am going to be the one carrying Noah all the way and once we are safe, I am not going to let you near Noah" (Julia).

 

Valeria hearing this was quite upset but she knew that when a rift appeared unexpected things could happen so during one of those moments, she could take advantage and take Noah with her.

 

They both stopped wasting time with their own plans and Julia was the first to speak again.

 

"We should keep heading north so we get away from the rift and encounter less abyssal"

 

Valeria knew it was the safest option so she just gave a small nod of her head and the next moment they started running in a northerly direction they followed up to a hill from where they could see the rift completely, this was almost a kilometer high and from this they could see different abyssals coming out, there were small abyssals the size of a person and other huge ones the size of a building, They were coming out of the crack destroying and killing everything they found on their way, both Julia and Valeria knew that the city was a hopeless case at this point, in different parts of the city the military and people who could use spiritual energy fought against the abyssals but for every one they killed 3 took their place and there were some that were very powerful.

Every so often some of the abyssals that could fly attacked Julia and Valeria these had huge wings and had bodies of 2 meters, a bat face and the body of a dark blue color, their claws were large and sharp capable of cutting metal, but for them 2 was as easy as killing flies and as they were already at a considerable distance they did not meet powerful abyssals, they ran until they reached the edge of the city and stopped when they found a group of military that protected the area, Julia approached them and spoke.

 

"You guys, what's going on I haven't seen you send help from the nearby cities and you must have heard by now what happened."

 

The military saw Julia with disgust at first, but when they took a good look at her they stiffened they did not know how to respond as she was well known among the military one of them managed to speak, although with difficulty.

 

"H-How is this special agent Julia we are a squad assigned to monitor the status of the city and the other cities have not sent help because this is not the only crack that has appeared, many more appeared throughout the country, the rest of the cities are even much worse than this" (Soldier).

 

Julia and Valeria were shocked by the soldier's words, what he just said could be interpreted that the whole country was in a critical state and that the safest thing was that they had to leave the country to be safe.

 

While Julia and Valeria were thinking about what they should do something strange happened to Noah, he started to glow so much that the people around them had to look in another direction and by the time they looked again Noah was gone, both Valeria and Julia started to get desperate and searched the whole area, they also forced the military to help them, but they didn't find him.

 

"What did you do Julia, what did you do to make him disappear?!" (Valeria)

 

"Me!!!, you must have done something, you always looked at me envious because I had him" (Julia).

 

"I don't believe you; you must have hidden it so I couldn't have it and so it stayed only with you" (Valeria).

 

A soldier who was listening to their discussion tried to help them.

 

"Excuse me ladies" (Soldier).

 

This was a big mistake because when he interrupted them, they both turned around with murderous looks wanting to take their annoyance out on someone and the soldier was that someone so they jumped towards him to hit him, the soldier with a lot of fear screamed

 

"We have a tracker he could look for the baby that just disappeared!"

 

They both stopped dead in their tracks and yelled at the soldier to hurry up and bring the tracker, after 1 minute a different soldier came running up and knew he shouldn't waste time so he asked them for an item from the person he was supposed to be looking for, Without much choice they handed him a blanket from Noah, the tracker grabbed the blanket and held it tightly, the blanket a few moments later started to burn, both Valeria and Julia wanted to kill the tracker but they knew that if they wanted to know where Noah was that was necessary, when the blanket was done burning the tracker raised his head and spoke

 

"I've found him, but there's a problem" (Tracker).

 

"No matter what it is talk the hell out of it!" (Julia)

 

The soldier hesitating a little raised his hand and pointed in the direction of the crevice and said "The baby you are looking for is at the base of the crevice" (Julia).

27