Intense fight
471 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The 5 abyssals surrounded us leaving no room to escape, no one made a move, only Irvin gave orders to deal with the situation.

 

"Emma and Leonel, you two are the physically strongest among us so you will have to distract 3 of them, Mia, Liana and I will take care of the other 2. Liana uses your spear to keep them away, and Mia tries to cut their limbs to reduce risks, I will do as much damage as I can from behind, but if they have problems, I will have to do a bait and you Noah when you see the opportunity run as fast as you can to the north there you can find a city" (Irvin).

 

Irvin didn't seem too sure they could win, but he still cared about protecting me.

 

After Irvin gave his instructions everyone started to move, Emma jumped with all the strength of her tail and hit with her ax the back of an abyssal while with her tail she hit another one to get its attention, the ax stuck but it didn't manage to split him even it didn't go that deep, It was a superficial wound but it managed to successfully distract two of them, Leonel charged against another abyssal and with pure brute force knocked it against a tree successfully managing to break a leg and while the abyssal tried to recover he kept hitting its whole body preventing it from recovering its balance.

 

On the other hand, Irvin shot many rounds at the 2 remaining abyssals making them both roar with rage and run towards him, his bullets barely pierced the skin of the abyssals and as they had no visible weak points apart from their mouths it was difficult for Irvin to kill them with shots but before he could ram them Mia and Liana appeared, Liana used the momentum of the abyssal and its spear as leverage to send it flying over us with a very deep wound in the chest due to the spear tip and Mia with an incredible speed got between the legs of the abyssal making several cuts causing it to roll and crash into the other one.

 

I watched as the abyssals apparently couldn't respond to the group's attacks and thought Irvin was just exaggerating being afraid of them but that changed instantly as I watched as the abyssals no longer charged back like madmen but ran around us getting closer and closer avoiding Irvin's bullets and started using their claws to launch attacks while running in circles, Mia's swords and Liana's spear could deflect the attacks but slowly the abyssals closed the distance making it impossible to deflect so many hits, more and more wounds were appearing on the body of the 2 girls who were trying to defend themselves unsuccessfully from the attacks their black suits that before seemed very resistant were slowly turning into rags, At some point between attacks they took off their helmets showing their agitated and tired faces, Irvin when he saw that it was useless to continue shooting jumped directly into an abyssal and with his small size managed to sneak under it, He placed his rifle in the mouth of the abyssal and shot several bursts hurting it making it stand on two legs exposing its mouth so that Liana jumped and pierced diagonally with her spear the mouth of the abyssal killing it instantly, there was only one of the abyssals fighting against them and it had moved away fearfully allowing them a rest.

 

Noah checked how Leonel and Emma were, to his surprise Leonel was covered with deep cuts and he was missing an arm, but on his face, there was only a fearless smile even with a raised fist ready to keep fighting, the abyssal he was fighting against had 2 limbs in pieces and somehow, he was missing almost all his teeth, it seems that Leonel gave a good last use to his lost arm.

 

Emma was in better condition than Leonel was hitting with her ax another abyssal sending him away, neither the abyssal nor Emma had many wounds it seems that Emma was making time until we went to help her, but there was something strange with them there were only 2 abyssals when there should have been 3. Almost to affirm my suspicions Emma shouted.

 

"Guys be careful one of the abyssals suddenly disappeared and the helmet visor can't find it!!!" (Emma).

 

This warning alerted the whole team to find where the other abyssal was.

 

Everything became silent in an instant; we could only hear the grunts of the other abyssals that were not approaching and were looking at us as if they were waiting for something.

 

Irvin who was farther away from the group felt a breeze behind him, he turned around trying to find the abyssal, but there was nothing, he turned back to see his group and saw that everyone was looking at him with perplexed eyes, Irvin did not understand what was happening but he felt a thick liquid coming out of his mouth, He put a hand to his mouth and then looked at it, the liquid was blood that he had vomited, he looked down at his chest only to see a limb with sharp claws piercing his chest, he tried to stretch his hand to free himself but he had no strength.

 

Everyone looked perplexed as from one moment to the next the abyssal had appeared behind Irvin and pierced him, then slowly lifted him and released him into its mouth where the sharp teeth crushed and tore him apart splattering blood and intestines everywhere, everyone's faces became dark and depressing as they witnessed the death of the one, they considered their captain.

 

The only one who could understand what happened was Liana who spoke in a sad and worried tone.

 

"No Irvin..., despite being grumpy and bossy you didn't deserve a horrible death..." (Liana).

 

"Everyone listen to me; you know that class 3 abyssals are physically strong but it's also from that class where they can use abyssal energy and that one over there can use some kind of invisibility!"

 

The abyssal as if to verify what Liana said turned invisible and disappeared again.

 

Both Emma and Leonel approached the group and they all regrouped as the abyssals cornered them again.

 

Noah who regretted not doing anything earlier to help Irvin or the rest was determined to fight this time.

 

The 3 abyssals charged at the group again while the fourth remained hidden, the group withstood the abyssal charge while defending themselves from the surprise attacks of the hidden abyssal. Noah was waiting for the right moment to jump and try to change the situation and that moment came just when one of the abyssals due to his wounds staggered and could not complete his blow, but when Noah was about to jump a tail curled around his waist, the tail was Mia's who with all her strength threw Noah away from the encirclement of the abyssals.

 

"Run Noah, we will distract them, get to the city, you will be safe there" (Mia).

 

Noah who was unexpectedly thrown into some trees far away from where the fight was, became disoriented for a few moments, he started to run back to where he was before but he was no longer there the others followed the tracks and fight marks through the jungle until he reached an area where the trees were very large and very close together making it impossible to cross them, there was the team trapped against the trees with no way of escape being slowly cornered by the abyssals. He quickly ran towards the abyssals that had not discovered him, created a halberd, and attacked the abyssal that was closest to the group.

 

Mia's pov

After witnessing how Irvin has devoured everything got worse, we no longer had the strength to fight, the only one who had enough strength to do something was Emma, but against 4 abysmal ones, it was impossible for her to achieve anything.

 

I looked at Liana looking for some hope, looking for a plan to escape from this, but she had the same dejected look as the others, then I looked at Emma who gave me back a look of sadness and affection making me signs to Noah who was in the middle of all of us, I immediately understood what she meant so when I saw the opportunity, I grabbed him and sent him away from us hoping that none of the abyssal would follow him.

 

Fortunately, none of them noticed in that brief moment Emma had managed to create a path pushing two away from us, we took advantage of that gap and ran through the forest while evading and countering some blows, we didn't realize we had run in the direction of some trees that were blocking the way we turned around and there we saw the abyssals slowly approaching while making screeching sounds with their teeth, maybe this is our end but at least I'm happy to have given Noah a chance to escape.

 

We clenched our weapons for our last stand before being eaten, but something happened a boy crawled underneath an abyssal and thrust his weapon which was a halberd into its mouth causing it to writhe in pain before falling dead to the side, when I got a good look at who it was, I was surprised it was NOAH!

 

Noah's pov

 

I managed to kill one of the abyssals with a surprise attack and I had felt it before since it seems that the weapons I create with my soul do much more damage to the abyssals, after killing one of them the others had me in their sights, I ignored the ones behind me with a surprised face and ran towards another of the abyssals, I dodged his claw that was directed to my chest turning to the left and with a fluid movement I cut his leg making him fall since this was the one Leonel was fighting with before he could get up Emma who has nearby used all the strength she could and hit him several times with her ax splitting the abyssal in half, she looked at me but she kept her questions for when there was no more danger.

 

There were still 2 left but one was invisible and we didn't know when it could attack, the abyssal that was visible jumped towards us, but Emma rejected it with her tail, I ran towards the abyssal and changed my halberd for double swords that I used to stick me in the abyssals back and cause it a lot of damage, while it was distracted with me Emma hit its legs with the ax making it fall to the ground and I could finish it off by sticking both swords deeper.

Freeing us from that abyssal the last one was still hiding but we could feel it was lying in wait, I turned around and immediately cut with one of my swords and I could feel how I had hit something right where I had cut with the sword purple blood started to come out making the invisibility of the abyssal disappear and I could see that I had cut his side but I had also received a blow from him because just like Irvin one of his legs had pierced my abdomen I spit all the blood I had in my mouth from where I was I saw how the others had looks of horror and concern on their faces when they saw that they had pierced me.

 

Before the abyssal could do anything else I changed the swords for a machete that I used to tear off his arm, he seemed very upset and jumped towards me with his mouth open ready to devour me, but before he reached me both Emma and Mia grabbed him by his limbs and with great force, they ripped them off and to finish him off Liana used her spear stabbing him several times until he stopped moving.

 

Emma and Mia ran to where I was standing leaning on a cane I had created and laid me down on the floor with tears in their eyes.

 

"Sniff...Sniff...Sniff...Sniff..., why did you come back you could have survived...?"(Mia).

 

"It's not time for questions someone brings something to cure him!" (Emma)

 

(Emma) "Emma it's impossible to cure him, his whole stomach is perforated..." (Liana)

 

"He died like a true warrior; too bad he was still a child" (Leonel).

 

"SHUT UP!" (Mia and Emma)

 

They seemed to be a bit calmer by now and I let out a small laugh at how they were sending murderous looks at Leonel even though he seemed calm the wound was hurting like hell and I couldn't regenerate with the pierced paw.

 

"Because you laugh even though you are about to die...sniff...sniff" (Mia).

 

"I'm fine..., I need you to help me..., I want you to get this thing out of me that I'm going through..."(Noah).

I said that as best I could while having a small smile on my face.

 

"But if I take it out, you're going to die faster..., okay" (Mia).

 

Mia sadly pulled out the abyssal paw she had pierced and stared at it waiting for me to pass away.

 

"MMMM? what's going on?" (Liana)

 

"IT CAN'T BE!" (Emma)

 

"!!!!!!!!" (Mia)

 

Before everyone's astonished gaze, my wound began to close quickly, slowly I felt the pain fade away and only the uncomfortable sensation of the tissues coming back together, after a few seconds it was completely healed so I stood up and looked at them all with an uncomfortable grimace.

 

"Sorry for scaring you guys, but I'm fine now Jajaja " (Noah).

 

I laughed uncomfortably and I could see Emma and Mia coming toward me I thought they were upset for not telling them the truth, but I felt them pick me up and crush me between them ignoring that my head was between their huge breasts barely able to breathe.

 

"UAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm so happy you're okay!"(Emma).

 

"You shouldn't scare us like that...sniff" (Mia).

11