Record
444 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noah's pov

Mia and Emma hugged me for a while until Liana came over to separate us and although they seemed reluctant, they obeyed after prodding them a bit.

 

"Child it looks like you have a few things to tell us, but let's wait until we get to the city, it's not safe here yet" (Liana).

 

When Liana finished talking, she approached Leonel and from a ball of his torn clothes she took out a syringe and stuck it in where his arm was torn off, after a few minutes the wound stopped bleeding and started to close, Emma and Mia did the same with some syringes they had and his wounds started to disappear, seeing that I was looking at them with curiosity they approached me to explain what it was about.

 

"These syringes contain a special medicine that accelerates the body's healing process, but it doesn't eliminate fatigue, it doesn't heal serious wounds or regenerate lost limbs. But there is nothing to worry about Leonel in the city there are medicines capable of returning his arm" (Mia).

Mia said as she continued to scan the surroundings for possible dangers. After they were healed a bit and rested, we started our way back, but before that Leonel was tearing the claws off the dead abyssals when I asked him why he was doing it he said it was complicated, but they could make money if they showed them in a place in the city.

 

We moved back to where the fight had started, the mood was low due to the memories of their captain's death, they made a sort of grave in the area where they placed a stone with Irvin's name engraved on it.

 

After paying their respects to the tomb they picked up some of the firearms they had left behind and we started walking in the direction of where they had said there was a city, during the walk nothing special happened just the odd idle conversation in which they remembered moments with their former captain, I felt quite uncomfortable because Emma and Mia from time to time caressed me with their tails and if I didn't get them off me, I wouldn't have been able to walk.

 

We walked until it got dark, in the distance we could see the walls of a city, it was well lit with huge lanterns that illuminated everything 2 kilometers around when we were close enough for the lights to illuminate us, a voice spoke from the top of the walls.

 

"Halt! Identify yourselves" (????).

 

We all stood still where we were when some huge turrets pointed at us, the only one who walked to an entrance door was Liana who passed the wrist of her hand through a sensor and a mechanical voice spoke.

 

[Liana. Ogre race. Rank 3. Member of the exploration and elimination team number 53.]

 

As the voice out a small door opened, and people dressed in the same black outfit and weapons that Liana and the others were using came out of it. They stood around the door standing guard as Liana entered.

 

Mia crouched down and spoke in my ear.

 

"Relax this is normal cities that are near abyssal nests have a high level of security. They are going to take us through one by one" (Mia).

 

When Mia finished speaking, the voice at the top of the wall spoke again.

 

"Next!" (????)

 

[Leonel. Ogre race. Rank 3. Member of scouting and elimination team number 53. Access granted]

[Emma. Lamia race. Rank 3. Member of exploration and elimination team number 53. Access granted]

[Mia. Lamia race. Rank 3. 53rd member of the scouting and elimination team.]

 

They passed by one at a time until I was left alone, Liana came back out with a man they walked to where I was.

 

"Good evening child my name is Miles I am a special agent who is in charge of this section of the wall, Miss Liana has told me about your situation, but I wanted to check it out for myself" (Miles).

 

He was a tall man with a well-formed body, his whole being showed professionalism and straightness, his gaze was sharp and fixed, he also had a pair of pointed horns on his head, a wing on his right shoulder, but on his left shoulder he had nothing and he had a wide brown tail that moved slowly from side to side.

 

Unlike the rest, he was wearing a dark trench coat with green stripes and underneath it a dark blue uniform that at first glance didn't look tough but had an unusual sheen that made it more mysterious.

 

I became nervous at the sight of such an imposing figure, I looked at Liana to know what I had to do to which I received only a nod from her so I spoke.

 

"Good evening Mr. Miles my name is Noah, I am a human and I am currently 10 years old, I was lost in the nearby desert and I don't remember anything before I was in the desert other than my name, of course, I met Liana and her team who helped me and brought me here" (Noah).

 

From the conversation I had with Irvin I guessed that currently, I should be 10 or so, I didn't say anything about the fight because I should have already told him about Liana and my abilities, I'll see what happens, but I think Liana didn't talk to him about that.

 

"So, a human..., and an infant to boot. Noah, we have to run some tests to prove it and one important thing is that there are no humans in this city. Follow me to the lab" (Miles).

 

I followed Miles and Liana through the city gate, as we passed, I saw that inside there was another wall and everything was a huge installation where people in battle suits were walking, there were also cars, tanks, and helicopters.

 

We arrived at some white doors that opened automatically, inside there were sophisticated machines and devices, thousands stopped in front of a pond that had roots inside.

 

"This is a pond that scans your whole body through roots that penetrate your skin, don't worry it doesn't hurt and the liquid will heal in seconds the wounds plus due to some properties of the liquid the oxygen will be supplied automatically and you have to enter with nothing" (Miles).

 

I was a little embarrassed, but I took off what was covering me and slowly entered the pool, the liquid was viscous and cold and as Miles said I didn't need to breathe when I entered completely, a few seconds passed and the roots started to entangle my body and slowly pierce the skin, it wasn't painful, but it felt uncomfortable as I felt them moving inside me.

 

Miles and Liana watched a screen that I could also see in the pond, it emitted sounds and displayed information about me.

 

[Name: Noah]

[Race: Human]

[Age: 10 years and 7 months]

[Subject is not in the database so has no rank, background, family, or other information]

[Register the subject (Noah) (YES/NO)]

 

"Noah already finished the scan, but you have no records and it is mandatory to enter any city to have a record like Miss Liana and the others had on their wrists so I'm going to implant a record on your wrist, okay?"(Miles).

 

I nodded my head as it seemed important to have a record, Miles pressed yes and missing data started to fill in on the screen. Also, I felt discomfort on my wrist which I assumed was the record.

 

[Name: Noah]

[Race: Human]

[Age: 10 years and 7 months]

[Affiliated Country: Nosmen]

[City: Eglen]

[Rank: None]

[Background: None]

[Family: None]

[Spiritual Energy: Unmeasured]

 

"That's it, Noah, you can go out now and take this, you can bathe and change in that room" (Miles).

 

He gave me a towel along with a set of clothes and showed me to a room where there was a shower that I used to remove all the liquid viscosity that also put on my pants and shirt plus some shoes, all white.

 

In the room, there was also a mirror that I used to see my figure for the first time in my life. It may seem strange, but when I was a baby, I didn't have the opportunity to look at myself in a mirror and in all these years there was no place where I could see myself.

 

I could see that my hair was black and reached almost to my shoulder blades and I had violet eyes like my mother's, I had thin lips and a tender face well that's fine assuming that I am still a child, my height is almost 1.40 meters, my body is not well-formed, but I'm not fat I would say I'm thin with some muscle.

 

I checked my pants pockets and found the garter I guessed they saw my long hair and thought it would get in the way, so I pulled my hair back and walked out of the room.

 

"You look more presentable in those clothes" (Miles).

 

"You should be careful with Emma and Mia boy, as you are you'll provoke them to try to rape you again hehehehe..."(Liana).

 

Liana's comment seemed inappropriate to me, but she was right I should be careful when I see them again.

 

"Well, I'm going to explain a few things before I let you go. The registry serves you when you go to enter a city normally it will only show your name, race, and rank the rest is only shown in special circumstances. The affiliated country is where you belong and because you didn't know I put you in the country we are in, you can change it in the future if you want, of course, you need permission from the corresponding country. When you turn 16 years old you have to measure the spiritual energy that will give you a rank and you can do several things depending on the rank you have, this rank increases according to the level of spiritual energy so keep it in mind, because you do not have a blood relative registered that cannot be changed and finally because you are a minor you have to be sent to an orphanage" (Miles).

 

When Miles finished saying the last part a knock was heard coming from the doors of the room, there was standing there Emma with her breathing agitated seems to have been looking for us.

"Mr. Miles I with my sister can take care of Noah, he can live with us so you don't have to send him to an orphanage" (Emma).

 

"Well, he is a human, he has no special care so I don't see the problem, but you have to ask him if he agrees" (Miles).

 

"It's fine with me" (Noah)

 

I found it interesting to live with them so I accepted without any problem.

9