Chapter 44
3k 6 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One day after one of our training exercises I told Issei to go without me as I wanted to have a conversation with Buchou. Asia wasn’t with us that day as she left after lunch to help with the housework. My mother was happy that Asia helped and she and my family have become quite close.

 

Issei left after saying good bye.

 

I turned to Buchou and said, “Buchou can I speak with you privately now?”.

 

Buchou was confused but looked at me and smiled and said, “Ok”.

 

“Let’s sit on a bench as this will be long”, I said.

 

Buchou nodded and we went and sat on a bench together.

 

Now why was I having this conversation? Well, Buchou was looking quite spaced out these days and it must have been because of that so I decided to confirm it and offer some advice.

 

After sitting Buchou asked me with a smile, “Yes Akira what is it that you want to talk about?”.

 

“Well Buchou these days you look quite spaced out, I wonder if everything is ok?”, I asked.

 

“Y-Yes everything is ok. Yes. You don’t have to worry about it. I was just thing about some work related stuff. Yes”, replied Rias flustered.

 

“Is it about the engagement with Riser Phenex?”, I asked without any reservations.

 

Rias looked shock and said , “H-How did you? Oh of course you know…”.

 

“Looks like I was correct, actually about that I wanted to talk about it anyway”, I said.

 

Rias went quiet for sometime.

 

She then asked quietly, “So what happens in the future? Do I get married to him?”.

 

“Before I answer that I wanted to ask you something”, I said.

 

“What?”, asked confused.

 

“Do you really not to want to marry Riser? If so why not? I mean your family problems and his attitude aside he is a good partner if we talk in devil terms”, I asked wanting to confirm everything before I proceed.

 

Rias looked at me then sighed looking at the scenery in front of her  then answered, “……I’m a ‘Gremory’”.

 

“That I know”, I said confused.

 

“No. I didn’t re-introduce myself. I’m a Devil from the House of Gremory, and that name will follow me to wherever I go”, said Rias.

 

“That’s true but then everyone is related to the place they are born to. In your case since your house is famous in the underworld it’s more so I guess. But do you hate it?”, I asked.

 

“I feel proud of it. However, this is also something that is a burden to me. Everyone looks at me as Rias from the Gremory. I can’t have them look at me simply as Rias. That’s why I’m enjoying my life in the human world. They don’t know about the Gremory the Devil. Everyone looks at me as who I am. I really like that feeling. I never felt something like this in the Devils' society, and I never will now on as well. The only time I can enjoy my life as myself is when I’m in the human world”, Rias said with a distant look, there was sadness in her eyes.

 

“I want to be with someone who will love me as Rias without the fact that I’m a Gremory. That’s my small dream I have…… Unfortunately, Raiser only looks at me as Rias from the Gremory. And he loves me as Rias from the Gremory. That’s why I hate it. But still, the pride of being a Gremory is very important. My feelings may be complicated, but I want to cherish this small dream I have”, she continued.

 

“I see”, I said.

 

“Well then let me tell you about the future”, I continued.

 

Rias was confused by my quick change in subject but she still got attentive.

 

“Well you family will continued to pressure to marry Riser and they are going to force you have an engagement soon, in fact I think that’s what they are doing now and telling you to agree am I right?”, I asked.

 

Rias nodded.

 

“Soon they will give you a time to make up your mind and when that time will be over and you will no, you brother will propose a rating game to solve this problem”, I said.

 

“Rating Game? But I am not of age yet”, said Rias confused.

 

“Yes I am aware but since this is an affair between families this will be an exception. And I am sure you are aware than Riser is a pro so they will be proposing this expecting your defeat. However I can promise you one thing we can win this. I have a rough idea of how this will play out and I can give you pointers on how to win. And even without that with me in our team we have a got a good chance to win. Just two things one make sure to arrange two bottles of phoenix tears for the competition, I am sure you are aware that we can use two bottles based on the rules in the anime you  didn’t use cause maybe it went out of your mind but I am informing it to you from before this is definitely increase our chances to win and two get ten days of training time from Riser for preparation from the day the game is decided, we have already trained a lot but 10 days of intensive training will surely help”, I said.

 

“Wait you gave too much information, give me some time to process”, said Rias.

 

“OK”,I said.

 

After a few minutes of silence Rias finally spoke.

 

“So onii-sama will propose a rating game”, she said.

 

“Yes”, I said.

 

“Ok and I should prepare two bottles of phoenix tears for the fight?”, Rias continued.

 

I nodded.

 

“Yes that makes sense, I have seen them used in rating games”, said rias.

 

“OK got it but why the 10 days? Isn’t it humiliating as a Gremory to ask that”, said Rias.

 

“Buchou I know you are thinking about the pride of the Gremory name but the truth is that we are really behind Riser so we do need intensive training to face him especially Issei, otherwise we may end up looking pathetic in the game. Please let go of your pride this once. What do you think is more humiliating? Asking for 10 days training or losing pathetically?’, I said.

 

Rias looked at me and then sat thinking pensively.

 

She then smiled and said, “I see, I understand. I will do that. Thank you for letting me know Akira. This conversation with you help ease my worries”.

 

“No problem”, I said with a smile.

 

“And if this is any consolation I think of you as a only Rias Buchou, not Rias of the Gremory household, as I have no idea what they are like, just watching in anime or reading light novels doesn’t make me understand it and I am sure everyone at the ORC thinks of you that way”, I said with a smile.

 

……Hey, Buchou-sama? I don’t know why but Buchou has her cheeks red.

 

“Is there something wrong Buchou?”, I asked concerned.

 

But Buchou shakes her head where she says, “I-It’s nothing!” while panicking.

 

“If you say so”, I said.

 

“Then I’ll leave I need to get ready for school”, I said.

 

“Y-Yes”, said Buchou as if out of a trance. I nodded and went home.

 

And that ended our conversation. I was happy to be able to help another person.

86