Chapter 45
3.1k 4 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One night during attending summoning by clients Rias suddenly told me, “Akira why don’t you accompany Ise during this summoning?”.

 

“Me?”, I asked confused.

 

Issei also said, “Yes why does Akira have to go with me?”.

 

Rias sighed and said, “You see Akira Issei hasn’t been successful in getting contracts from the clients till now, it’s making me worried about his future. You on the other hand have managed to acquire all your contracts. So I am sending you to supervise Ise so that he can complete this contract”.

 

“As a supervisor?”, I asked confused.

 

I looked at Issei he looked depressed at this and sighed and nodded and said, “Ok Buchou I understand”.

 

Then I looked at Issei and said, “Cheer up with this you can go through a magic circle as I will share demonic power with you and you will get better once you get the hang of it”.

 

Issei nodded still feeling dejected.

 

Rias said “Great”.

 

And me and Issei stepped on he magic circle and everyone wished good luck while Asia saying, “Good Luck Akira-san, Ise-san”.

 

And we teleported.

 

When the teleportation was completed we were in a room filled with sengoku era stuff.

 

Then we saw a guy in a samurai armor sitting on a stool.

 

Issei said, “This looks like an apartment”. I nodded my head in response.

 

Issei continued, “What’s with all this sengoku era stuff?”.

 

Ah I know this, this is a woman actually.

 

And the woman stood up abruptly scaring Issei who was screamed, “GAAAH”.

 

The woman said, “Oh, are you the demons?”.

 

Hearing her voice Issei asked cautiously, ”Um, excuse me, but are you a woman?”.

 

She replied, “Yes”.

 

“Huh”, said Issei backing a bit astonished, I remain calm as I know that.

 

“My name is Susan, I came here to study because I  like Japanese culture”, she said. At that time I also saw blond drill style hair on her back. It had 3 drills.

 

Issei who was still not over the shock yet said, “B-But that getup is….”.

 

She was flustered and said, “I-I’m sorry. I clad myself in armor to be protected from the dangers of the night”.

 

Issei said, “I think you are doing it wrong though”.

 

“But I’m glad that nice devils like you came. If scary devils had come, I would’ve had to,,,”, she draws her sword saying,”…had to draw this Kijinmaru Kunishige!” and then she swings it.

 

Issei flinched and backed saying, ”Woah, you just drew it!”.

 

After she calmed down and offered us tea, Issei asked, “So, Susan-san what do you want us to do?”. I calmly watched without interfearing as that was my job.

 

She put her hands on her face as if scared and said, “Please accompany me to the university , so I can retrieve the notes I left there”.

 

“Huh? That’s it?”, said Issei.

 

She put her hands away from her face and screamed, “The university is scary at night!”.

 

Issei said, “You are the scariest one here”.

 

With that we accompanied her to the university and back.

 

Nothing happened at the middle if you don’t count her stopping in the road at sounds and swinging her sword saying, “Woah Woah”.

 

“What?”, said Issei scared.

 

“S-Sorry, streets are scary at night”, she replied.

 

“You are the one whose scary”, said Issei angrily.

 

After recovering the notes and finishing the contract she bowed and said, “Thank you so much”.

 

“See you then”, said issei as we turned to leave.

 

Issei was happy to have completed the request.

 

As I was calling the teleportation circle for returning she suddenly said, “Um..”.

 

“What?”, said Issei as he was scared with her suddenly popping behind his back saying that.

 

I stopped the teleportation.

 

“What’s the matter?”, said Issei.

 

She was fidgeting as she said, “Actually I have another favor to ask”.

 

“Um, we can’t really do that, It’s one wish per summon”, said Issei.

 

But knowing this scenario I said with a smile, “No we don’t mind”.

 

Issei was surprised and turned towards me saying, “Akira what…”.

 

I smiled and said, “Don’t worry about it, let’s just hear it, if it’s nothing too much trouble we can help her with this”.

 

Susan was happy. Issei reluctantly agreed.

 

Issei was in a bad mood brooding while I listened to her.

 

“A boy you fell in love with?’, I asked.

 

She looked down as she said, “Yes, I’m shy and thus couldn’t express my  feelings. He’s a very wonderful man”.

 

Issei grumbled, “I bet he looks like a hairy warrior from the sengoku period”.

 

“So you want us to make him fall in love with you?”, I asked.

 

“If possible, I don’t want any demonic powers involved, I want to earn his love on my own”, she replied.

 

“That means you don’t need us”, grumbled Issei.

 

“Shut up Ise”, I said.

 

Then I turned to her said, “I think the best way out s to confess your feelings to him if you are afraid of doing it directly why don’t write a love letter?”.

 

“Love letter?”, she said.

 

Issei joined in, “Yes a love letter might be a good idea”.

 

She again said, “love Letter!”.

 

“It’s a good ay to convey your feelings”, I said. Well even though I never wrote or received one that’s how it is, I think?

 

“O-Ok I’ll give it a try” , she said excitedly.

 

She then started writing, “I am writing to you about no specific order of business, thus you may set your mind at ease…”.

 

“Sounds like an official address”, said Issei.

 

I smiled and said, “It’s ok as long as the other person understands”.

 

Issei replied unconvinced, “ I am not sure the other person can understand it”.

 

I just smiled and said, “If the other person is the same as her he might”. Issei looked at me still not convinced.

 

“I’m done”, she said.

 

Then she took out a bow and arrow and attached the letter to the arrow and took an aim.

 

Issei was shocked and said, “Sending letters via arrow? Are you kidding me?”.

 

She then shot it.

 

After that we waited in a park and she had flags setup to signify the position, she was sitting in a stool. we were really standing out, I felt awkward.

 

A mom and daughter was passing nearby and the daughter was asking, “Mom what is that?”.

 

The mom replied, “Don’t look” and took her away immediately. Crap I hope no one calls the police for seeing suspicious activity.

 

“Huh? What is this?”, sighed Issei.

 

Then a guy with a full body armor with a arrow stuck on his helmet appeared.

 

“Looks like he’s here”, I said.

 

Issei saw him and was like, “W-WHAAAT?”.

 

“The arrow”, said Issei.

 

He then turned to Susan saying, “Susan the arrow is stuck in his head!”.

 

Susan was only fidgeting and saying, “Yes, I thought of different ways to do it, but sending a message via an arrow was the only thing I could manage”.

 

“Huh. But t-that’s…”, Issei said and looked back at the guy in anxiety.

 

“What are you afraid about? We are devils”, I told Issei which calmed him down.

 

They both faced each other as Susan got up. It looked like the starting of a duel, how dramatic.

 

Susan had her hands clasped together in anticipation.

 

The guy said, “I have read your letter. It was a wonderful message! I’m amazed that you caught me off guard and shot me with an arrow. What a letter!”. Man the cringe if I hadn’t seen this before I would have died of cringe.

 

She replied, “ Oh no, all I was thinking of was how to get it to you, Horii-kun”.

 

Issei put a hand on his face saying, “ I feel like I’m going mad”. I know that feel bro but I am immune cause I know about  it.

 

The guy said, “I-I want to go out with you if you don’t mind”.

 

Issei was like, “What?”.

 

Then he clasped her hands and Susan said, “Ho-Horii-kun! I am so happy!”.

 

He then hugged her and said, “Susan!”.

 

Issei sighed and put a hand on his face.

 

“Your armor is wonderful”, the guy continued.

 

“No your armour so hard and sturdy!”, she replied.

 

With that we completed our request and returned. The couple thanked us and gave us a copies of their photo I took one extra to show Rias.

 

Rias hearing that was happy and said, “Congratulations on completing your first contract Issei”.

 

Issei said, “T-thank you”.

 

Rias continued, “Also good job on the helping the couple you too”. Issei smiled and scratched his head saying, “it was nothing..”

 

I smiled and replied, “Thank you and I was glad to help them. I feel good helping someone in love. It’s always good to see people in love get together as it should be otherwise you both won’t be happy if you get together if you don’t love each other”.

 

Issei suddenly became and replied, “Yes you definitely shouldn’t be with someone you don’t love”. Ah it’s the Raynare trauma I feel sad for him but it’s not like I can do anything about it at least not now.

 

Rias was a little surprised with my remark and just muttered, “Yes you are right. Thank you for saying that Akira”.

 

I smiled and said, “No problem”.

 

With this the night ended.

80