Chapter 47
3.2k 3 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night.

 

I’m pedaling my bike in the residential area.

 

“Oryaaaaaa!”, I said.

 

I pedal my bike with all my strength.

 

When we reached the designated area, Asia who is sitting behind me puts the leaflet into the mail box.

 

“It’s done”, she said.

 

I said, “OK”.

 

I started pedaling my bicycle again after I confirm that Asia is sitting behind me.

 

The leaflet we just put in that house is a convenient item used to summon us Devils. Normally, you need to draw a magic-circle to summon a Devil, but in this century, there aren’t that many humans who are willing to draw a magic-circle to summon Devils.

 

You must be thinking why am I still delivering leaflets right? Well truth be told my job of handing out leaflets was over as I have done it enough times.

 

Well the reason I am doing this now is…

 

“……Akira-san, is it really alright? To help me hand out the leaflets……”, asked Asia.

 

“Yeah, it’s not a problem”, I said.

 

Yes, I’m assisting Asia in handing out the leaflets. So like this, I continue to pedal the bicycle.

 

“Asia, you don’t know how to get on a bike right? Then someone has to ride the bike for you”, I asked.

 

“Uu, I’m sorry. I never had a chance to get on a bike…… But if it’s walking……”, she said.

 

“I can’t let you do that even more. I’m worried about you, Asia”, I said.

 

That’s my true feeling. It’s not about whether she can ride a bicycle or not, but more of the fact that I can’t let Asia run around in unfamiliar environment.

 

She had just come to Japan from Northern Europe last month. She doesn’t know that much about Japanese culture.

 

She gained the ability to understand Japanese by becoming a Devil, but it’s a different story if it is to adapt to this lifestyle. I’m teaching her from the basics, but there are still many things which make me worry about her.

 

On top of that, Asia is kind to anyone and doesn’t know how the world goes around. You won’t know what kind of bad things will fall down onto her.

 

I know she isn’t that knave but you know you don’t know what kind of people are around, maybe there might be other fallen angles or stray devils around.

 

So I ended up proposing to Buchou after thinking about it.

 

“I will help Asia with handing out the leaflets!”, I asked.

 

She gladly accepted my request which was great.

 

Like that, I’m supporting Asia. So I have been going around the residential area at night on my bicycle together with her.

 

As we pass a shrine on the way I say, “Look Asia. That’s a shrine. We're Devils, so we can’t enter it”.

 

Asia replied, “Yes. Devils aren’t allowed to go to places where spirits gather and the local God lives, yes? It’s hard for me to understand Japanese “Shinto Gods” because I’m a Christian……”.

 

It will be hard for her, who has been raised under one religion, to understand the Japanese culture. That’s what Buchou told me.

 

So I started to teach Asia the things about the places we live in and so on while we hand out the leaflets.

 

“Ah! Over there. It’s closed now but that bakery shop sells good bread. You want to go buy some next time?”, I said pointing at a certain bakery shop.

 

“Yes! Japanese breads are sweet, so I love them!”, replied Asia.

 

Even a normal conversation is fun. A date at night. That’s the best!

 

I always wanted to ride a bicycle with a girl sitting behind me like this. I mean I am sure most guys would.

 

“Akira-san, have you watched the film “Roman Holiday”?”, Asia suddenly asked me.

 

Roman Holiday? Oh yeah, I think it’s a film.

 

“It’s an old film right? No, sorry. I haven’t watched it”, I answered honestly.

 

“Is that so—”, she replied a bit said.

 

“But what about that film?”, I asked.

 

“……It’s always have been my admiration. It was just like this…… However they were riding a bike in the film. Even so I…… Ufufu”, she sounded happy.

 

Even her arms that are across my hips got stronger.

 

I’m not really sure, but oh well. If Asia is happy then that will be good enough.

 

The wind tonight also feels good.

 

“We are back!”, we both said after entering the ORC room.

 

“Ara ara, good work. I will make some green tea now”, said Akeno the first one to greet us.

 

Issei sulking at a corner of the room just glared at me but looked at Asia and said, “Welcome back”. I was a bit hurt by this but decided to ignore as it has become a  regular occurrence  it the others did as well.

 

Kiba asked with a smile, “Hey, how was the date at night?”.

 

I gave a thumbs up with a smile saying, “It was great”.

 

“……Illicit sexual relationship late at night”, said Koneko with an expressionless face. Still harsh I see but I didn’t reply, I mean even if what we did was sexual which it wasn’t not even close it wouldn’t be illicit because it’s not like any of us are in a relationship or anything.

 

We walked towards Buchou and I said, “Buchou. We are back”.

 

I reported to her, but Buchou is looking towards a certain direction while being dazed. She even makes a deep sigh. Is she thinking about the her engagement? We had the talk right? So why? Maybe it’s because she isn’t fully convinced but it’s not like I can blame her as this sis something regarding her life. But I think I have done what I can let’s wait for her to resolves her inner conflicts by herself or it can turn bad.

 

Asia who is next to me also looks in the direction Buchou is looking towards.

 

“Buchou, we are back!”, this time, I raised my voice. Buchou heard me and came back to her senses.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I was dazed for a bit. Good work, Akira, Asia”, she replied.

 

Buchou then says it after confirming that Asia and I have arrived, “Now then, I will have Asia make her début as a Devil starting tonight”.

 

Ah it’s that time isn’t it. Well I do feel uncomfortable about Asia starting the work so soon. But she’s got to start sooner or later.

 

Asia looked puzzled so I explained to her, “Asia, you will be having your actual début as a Devil from tonight! You are going to the contractors place through the magic-circle!”.

 

“M-Me?”, Asia said panicking.

 

“Right, Buchou?”, I asked looking at Buchou.

 

Buchou nodded and said, “Yes. Handing out the leaflets will end today. If I let it go on forever, it seems like the date between you two will continue even further”.

 

Well don’t put it like that. That makes us look bad as if we are on a vacation or something instead of doing our job.

 

It’s true that we are enjoying our time together but we are still working diligently.

 

Buchou then said, “Also all three of you are going to get your familiars. We will discuss that details tomorrow”. Familiars creatures who make a contract with us and serve us when we need them, it’s like pets honestly however they are more useful than pets I guess.

 

I and Issei were happy and yelled, “Yay”, while Asia was looking confused so I explained it to her after hearing that she was happy too and said, “That sounds great Akira-san”.

 

Like the same time as my and Issei’s debut, Buchou draws the magic-circle of the Gremory-clan on Asia’s palm. Thanks to that, you will be able to transport through the magic-circle.

 

“Akeno, check whether Asia has enough demonic-power to transport through the magic-circle”, said Rias.

 

“Yes, Buchou”, said Akeno putting her hand on Asia’s forehead after Buchou orders her. A faint light appears from her finger tips, and it seems like she is reading something.

 

“We had the incident with Ise before, so we need to check properly. Though I don’t think there will be a same problem”, explained Rias.

 

Issei looked down I felt sorry for him but that was the truth.

 

“Buchou, it’s okay. There’s no problem at all. More like, she has the most demonic-power after Buchou and me. Her potential capacity for her demonic-power is very good”, said Akeno.

 

So mine’s fourth place then in the team? Well it isn’t bad, it’s enough for me as I mostly rely on physical attacks.

 

Buchou smiles at Akeno-san’s report saying, “That’s good news. She can use her power as a Bishop to the fullest”.

 

So since Asia has a high demonic-power, she has no problem transporting through the magic-circle.

 

Yup, looks like Asia began from a good start.

 

But I don’t really feel like letting her go alone on her first contract.

 

She is so nice people might take advantage of her. Who knows?

 

I am an expert when it comes to getting contracts so I can help her, yes. I must accompany her on her first contract at least to show her how it is done or at the very least to supervise her.

 

So I took a deep breath and said, “Buchou! I feel uneasy if Asia goes alone~! If Asia~! I can’t stand it if some weirdo asks some sick wish to Asia!”.

 

“Akira, a request which is too lecherous for the Devils they summoned doesn’t come to the servant Devils of the Gremory-clan. There are humans who request those kinds of wishes, so there are Devils who take those clients as their profession and requests like that goes to them. The jobs we take are safe, you know? Even Devils have areas that they are professional at”, said Buchou.

 

“Buchou, you are telling the truth right? That’s the truth, right? But still, I feel super uneasy! So can I at least accompany her? Who knows maybe I can even help her, you know my record of completing contracts right?”, I asked desperately.

 

Buchou sighs after seeing me so worried about it.

 

She then said, “Alright. For a short time, I’ll put you with Asia to support her”.

 

“T-Thank you very much! Asia! Don’t worry I’ll watch over so nothing will happen to you, you can do the contracts normally besides if you need any help in fulfilling a contract I’ll help you too”, I said happily taking her hand.

 

“Y-Yes”, Asia replied.

 

“So then, if a request comes, Asia, you will transport through the magic-circle by taking Akira with you”, said Buchou.

 

“Yes, I understand. Buchou”, Asia confirmed.

 

Then the magic circle on the floor glowed.

 

Akeno-san who is in charge of the magic-circle starts to read the Devil’s letters that appeared in a section of the magic-circle.

 

“Ara ara, there is a client trying to summon us, who wants to wish something that even Asia-chan can handle”, said Akeno-san.

 

Hearing Akeno-san’s report, Buchou smiles.

 

She said, “That’s convenient. Off you go Asia and Akira. Asia can supply the demonic-power needed for teleporting through the magic-circle. Let’s do it then”.

 

“Let’s go, Asia!”, I said.

 

“Yes, Akira-san!”, Asia replied.

 

Asia and I went towards the center of the magic-circle after getting our spirits up.

 

I returned home late at night with Asia.

 

Asia finished her first job safely. It went smoothly without requiring my help.

81