Chapter 48
2.9k 2 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day after school I, along with Asia and Issei went to the ORC room as discussed the day earlier to talk about our familiars.

 

After all of us gathered Rias said, “This is my familiar” and held out her hand and a small bat popped out, grey eyes and the top part being black and lower being pink and it also had a tail shaped like an arrow.

 

“You have met her before Ise”, she continued.

 

Issei surprised said, “Huh?” and with another pop the familiar turned into a girl with a red dress with the lower part being white and having 4 bat wings attached to her dress with black hair and same grey eyes.

 

Issei surprised said, “Huh? Then that girls was…” and changed back into a bat.

 

Issei hung his head in disappointment with a “Haah…”. I patted his back in sympathy.

 

Then Akeno said, “This is mine”. And after Rias’s familiar popped off she pointed a finger at the floor a magic circle appeared and a small green creature with black hair and two bat wings on the back and a horn on it’s head appeared.

 

Issei says, ”Oni?”. I said, “Yes” nodding.

 

Then I suddenly heard a voice on my right saying, “This is Shiro” and turned to see that it was Koneko. Damn how the hell did she manage to get by my side like that? That’s scary, if I hadn’t known the voice I would have a heart attack. Oh by the way her familiar is a white cat with two bells tied to it’s neck with a ribbon which she was carrying in her arms.

 

“Cute”, I said what was in my mind. Koneko turned her head away suddenly and moved away not saying anything.

 

What a weird girl. I just complimented her familiar and this is the reaction I get.

 

“You never saying anything about mine”, said Rias with a sad look. Akeno said with a smile which didn’t reach her eyes, ”Ara ara I am also sad Akira-kun, Koneko-chan’s familiar gets complimented but not mine”.

 

What? Now they are angry about not complimenting their familiars? Hey Issei didn’t compliment too, but you are not sad about it? What kind of bullshit is this?

 

I sighed and said, “No no both of your familiars are cute too, I was just surprised as they are not the kind of creatures you regularly see”, waving my hand.

 

This brought a smile on their faces. Whew that solved this.

 

Then Kiba said, “Mine is…”.

 

Issei immediately turned away saying, “I don’t want to see yours”, waving his hand.

 

Kiba with a smile said, “Oh come on”. I immediately said, “I want to see it”, yes unlike that dumbass who only things about boobs I want to see and learn about new things and as the anime didn’t show what familiar he had I was curious.

 

Kiba smiled and said, “Here it is” and showed his familiar who turned out to be a small bird. I nodded after seeing it.

 

Then Rias started to explain about familiars, “It’s a basic thing for devils. They can assist you, deliver messages, and even find things”.

 

Asia then said, “Um, how do you get a familiar?”.

 

Rias said, “That is..”, she was interrupted by a knock at the door.

 

Akeno turned to the door and said, “Yes”.

 

The door was opened and we saw two girls opening the door the one on the left was a white haired girl and the one on the right was a brown haired girl and sanding between was Sona Sitri and her queen Tsubaki.

 

Sona entered followed by her entire peerage.

 

Sona said, “Excuse us”.

 

Rias asked, “What brings all of you here?”.

 

Sona said, “I am here to introduce my peerage since we both have new servants, last time it was only me and Tsubaki”.

 

Issei looked around the peerage of Sona and spotted someone, a guy with short blond hair and grey eyes and said, “You’re the guy who recently joined the Student Council as the secretary. Uh, Class 2-C’s…..”.

 

“Saji Genshirou, my pawn”, said Sona.

 

Rias then introduced us by pointing at each of us in order, “This is my rook  Suzuki Akira, my pawn Hyoudou Issei and my bishop Asia Argento”.

 

Issei happily said, “Oh, you are a pawn too? And we are also on the same grade!”.

 

Saji looking full of himself sighed and smiled and said, “You guys are getting peaceful school life because Kaichou and us, the Devil servants of Sitri, are working at daytime. It won’t be bad for you to remember that, you know? Also I must say that being the same piece as one of the perverted trio seriously hurts my pride”.

 

Issei got angry and said, “What did you say, bastard!?”.

 

Saji with his hands on hips confidently said, “Oh, you wanna fight? I just became a demon, but I  am a pawn that was worth 4 pieces!”, showing 4 fingers to emphasize.

 

Sona immediately said, “Saji don’t. Also, he was worth 8 pieces”.

 

Saji shocked looked at Sona and said, “Eight? Isn’t that all of them? I can’t believe it. A lame guy like that….”.

 

“Shut up!”, said Issei.

 

“Now now Saji-kun was it? No need to be so rude. Now while I agree that Issei is perverted…..”.

 

“You too  Akira?”, Issei said angrily looking at me.

 

Ignoring him I continued, “Even if he is perverted he is a good guy. He is kind and he tries hard and he really deserves the 8 pieces needed to reincarnate him I assure you”.

 

Issei said with a touched expression, “Akira you really are my friend”.

 

“Of course I am”, I replied with a smile.

 

“Hmph. Him being a good guy? I still don’t believe it”, said Saji still refusing to listen.

 

“Apologies for that, Hyoudou-kun, Suzuki-kun, Argento-san. Try to get along with him, if you can. He is also new to being a demon”, said Sona.

 

“Of course Kaichou”, I said with a smile and Asia nodded. Issei didn’t respond.

 

Sona then looked at Saji and said, “Saji”.

 

Saji looked back and had a serious face and said, “Yes”.

 

He came forward and extended his hand, Asia was the one who took it, he said, ”Pleased to meet you”.

 

Asia smiled and clasped his hands with her hand and said, “Pleased to meet you too”.

 

Saji then got excited then clasped both her hands with his saying, “To be with a cutie like you, the pleasure is all mine” and was rubbing his hand

 

I sensed danger and immediately grabbed his hands with mine saying with a smile, “It’s a pleasure to meet you too Saji, I am Akira. I would request you to refrain from approaching Asia, keep you distance ok?”

 

Saji glared at me and said, “Trying to keep a blond pretty girl all to yourself? You must learn to share”. “No way”, I said firmly with a smile as Saji continued to glare at me. Then I looked at Issei saying, “Issei introduce yourself too”.

 

Issei then shook hands with him saying, “Saji-kun nice to meet you”. Saji was displeased by my behavior and he still wasn’t approving of Issei. So both were glaring at each other.

 

Rias told Sona with a wink, “You must be having a hard time”. Sona replied, “same goes for you”.

 

Saji was still fighting with Issei saying, “I was allowed a familiar as soon as I debuted, you don’t even have one”.

 

Issei replied, “Shut up. Buchou told me  to get a familiar just now”.

 

Hearing that Sona said, “So you are going to go to him as well?”.

 

“Yeah, I had sometime next week in mind though”, said Rias.

 

Sona said thoughtfully, “But he’s only available once a month”.

 

“Then how about deciding it with a fair game?”, said Rias.

 

Sona surprised said, “A game?”.

 

Rias replied, “The winner gets the right to commission him”.

 

Sona said, “ Are you talking about a rating game?”.

 

Rias replied, “Oh no. We’d never even be granted permission for that”.

 

“Right”, said Sona and continued, “ You cannot afford to harm yourself right ow after all”.

 

Rias replied, “That has nothing to do with this”. Akeno looked at Rias worried.

 

Rias continued smiling, “Oh I know! Let’s settle it through sports, like the high school students we are”.

 

And Sona agreed.

 

After that. I along with Asia the other members of Sona’s peerage. We got along well as I was friendly. Eventually Issei greeted them as well and Saji greeted Rias’s peerage members.

 

Sona’s peerage members were other than Tsubaki and Saji, bishop Momo Hanakai a beautiful girl with white hair and blue-green eyes, rook Tsubasa Yura a tall girl with blue, shoulder-length hair and matching eyes a tomboy, knight Tomoe Meguri  a beautiful girl with shoulder-length, reddish-brown hair and brown eyes, bishop Reya Kusaka a slim girl with long brown hair that ends in two short braids and matching eyes she also wears a blue headband, pawn Ruruko Nimura a short girl with brown hair in long twin ponytails and green eyes she wears a pair of green clips in her hair and she also wears striped green stockings.

 

I got along especially well with Tsubasa as we discussed our roles as rooks of either peerage.

 

Seeing our interaction I heard Sona say to Rias, “ Akira-kun seems to be doing well in interacting with everyone. You were correct in saying that you are lucky to have him”.

 

Rias said, “Yes I am proud of him”. Ah shucks guys don’t embarrass me like that.

 

Saji and Issei were not getting along but me and him got a bit friendlier but looks like he still wasn’t happy about me blocking Asia from him. But we will get along better in the future, I know it.

81