Chapter 51
3.1k 8 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rias clapped her hands saying, “Now, there’s no time to waste. Let’s go get familiars”.

 

Akeno started preparing the magic circle.

 

“Um right now?”, I asked. She did say she had plans for it next week so why now?

 

“We can only meet him when there’s a full moon”, answered Rias.

 

“Him?”, I asked.

 

“The familiar master”, answered Rias.

 

Then we all teleported together.

 

We arrived at a very dark looking forest. The sky was red. This is probably the underworld.

 

“Wh-Where are we ?”, I asked.

 

“The forest where you get familiars”, replied Akeno.

 

“We got our familiars here as well”, replied Kiba.

 

Koneko nodded.

 

“Hmm I see, well it looks different from seeing it in person than on the TV screen”, I said.

 

“This place does look creepy, like something’s gonna lash out at me”, said Issei looking around.

 

“Y-Yes”, said Asia.

 

“Don’t worry Asia stay by my side and you will be ok”, I told Asia with a smile.

 

“Y-Yes thank you Akira-san”, Asia replied with a smile getting closer to me.

 

Then suddenly we heard a voice…

“Gotta catch ‘em all”

 

Asia clung to me in fear, even Issei was scared.

 

We looked in the direction of the voice and Issei asked, “Wh-Who’s there?”.

 

The voice answered, “I am familiar master, Zatouji”. When I finally got a look at that guy he was a middle-aged man with a lanky appearance. He had a neck-length red hair tied in a low ponytail and has brown eyes. He wore a white top, black short with a green sweater wrapped around his waist, white socks, brown sneakers, black fingerless gloves, a dark-blue cap and carries a yellow bag-pack. He was standing on top of a tree.

 

“Familiar…”, I said.

 

“…master?”, Asia asked.

 

“It’s a nice full moon today! The best day to catch some familiar!”, Zatouji said looking at the moon of the underworld which was full and red.

 

“I can catch any familiar!”, he said pointing to himself and then making a caching gesture with his hand.

 

“He’s a professional when it comes to catching them”, said Akeno. What is this? Are we getting familiars or something else, this is just straight out shameless reference.

 

“I see”, I said.

 

“Now, what are you looking for in a familiar? Strength? Speed? Or maybe one with poison ability?”, Zatouji asked.

 

“Actually, do you have a cute familiar? One that  looks like a girl?”, asked Issei with a perverted face. I sighed.

 

“Tsk Tsk, you newbies can’t do it right”, said Zatouji wile waving his finger.

 

“You want familiars to  be useful and strong. That is to say, you must know their abilities and choose one that complements your own!”, said Zatouji while making gestures with his hand, his face serious. Have to say guy talk very animatedly which I like.

 

“Um, I want a cute familiar as well”, said Asia.

 

“Oh, sure thing, baby!”, said Zatouji with a happy face.

 

“Thank you very much”, said Asia.

 

“You…”, said Issei looking at him angry.

 

“Well I want a familiar that’s useful I guess. Familiar’s are useful in delivering messages right? It would be good if it’s strong too, maybe then it can be useful in a fight”, I said.

 

“Yes, that’s the spirit. I like this guy, you make some great points and you know what you want”, said Zatouji smiling at me.

 

“Thank you”, I said.

 

Then we came in front of a lake, which was in a clearing in the woods. The lake was green and there was shown from the canopy of trees on one part of the lake, everywhere else was dark.

 

“The water spirit lives in this lake”, said Zatouji.

 

“The water spirit! Judging from the name it’s probably….someone, as the future harem king, I’ll want to keep around. Cleaning my ears is an excuse to lie my head on her lap. I’ll gently reach out my hands to touch her deeply mysterious breasts!”, said Issei clenching his fists with a happy expression. Yes he was happy his delusions about it being a beautiful lady. He was hyperventilating with a lewd face. Haha, what happens next will be hilarious although I do feel bad for Issei.

 

“The lake!”, said Kiba.

 

“Oh, the undines are coming out!”, said Zatouji.

 

A circle formed on the place light was falling on the lake. Then it got brighter and brighter and light suddenly came out.

 

What came looking like a woman’s back, she was wearing a pink dress and had blond hair which had curls. The feet was covered with bandages. But you know….everything looked too muscular to be a woman’s.

 

As the Undine turned at us and roared it’s real form was visible which was the face of a man with huge muscles like body builders. She had pointed ears. But she did has breasts though, one was covered by her dress and the other by her hair. There were also  pointed bracelets at both her hands.

 

Issei was shocked to see it. I had to hold back my laugh. The other’s were surprised to see it. They had an O face.

 

“That’s undine”, said Zatouji.

 

“No, no, no that’s a fighter who came here to bathe no matter how you look at her!”, said issei.

 

“You are in luck boy. It’s pretty rare to come across one. A fighting oriented water spirit isn’t bad!”, said Zatouji.

 

“It’s bad! It looks more like a hitman than a gentle spirit!”, said Issei in panic while crying.

 

“But it IS female”, said Zatouji looking at Issei.

 

Issei looked at Zatouji than fell to the ground defeated saying, “That’s one thing I really didn’t want to know”.

 

At this point I couldn’t hold back myself and laughed, “HA HA HA HA”. Issei looked at me angrily and said, “Here I am  depressed and you are laughing”.

 

“Sorry”, I said and stopped laughing.

 

“But she had pure eyes. I’m sure she’s a good natured girl!”, said Asia. As we were walking away from the lake.

 

“Please don’t call that a girl!”, said Issei with his head down, he was clearly not over it.

 

Then I heard the noise of a bee’s wings in my ear and then I felt something land on my shoulder.

 

I turned to see a beautiful girl the size of a humming-bird, she had green hair and green eyes, pale white skin and pointed ears, and had wings that looked like green insect wings growing out of her back and she was dressed in female battle armor ending in a mini-skirt and her cleavage and stomach visible, she also had an hourglass figure. She was wearing blue-green high heels. Her armor was blue and green in color.  She looked like a fairy.

 

I saw her and screamed involuntarily, ”AAAAHHH”, as her sudden appearance startled me. Everyone turned to me

 

Rias looked at me worried and said, “Akira what happened? Are you all right?”.

 

“Y-Yes I am alright, I screamed cause of her sudden appearance”, I said as I pointed to the fairy, who was giggling at the mess she caused but her language was incompressible.

 

“Oh what a rare sight we have here. That’s a Sylph, a wind spirit. They are quite rare too. They usually don’t show themselves to devils but this one seems to like you. They are reliable and strong, this looks like a kid, it will be stronger when it grows up, then it would be difficult to tame it but now is the best chance if you want to make it your familiar”, said Zatouji.

 

“It’s my first time seeing one”, said Rias.

 

“That’s a really high class familiar”, said Kiba.

 

“Akira-kun can use wind magic well so it’s perfect for him”, said Akeno.

 

I looked at Rias who smiled and nodded.

 

I then looked at the spirit and asked, “Little spirit d you want to be my familiar? I am Akira Suzuki a devil”.

 

The spirit nodded and flew around me.

 

So I prepared for it. The Sylph landed on the ground.

 

I extended my  hand pointing a finger at her and said, “In the name of Akira Suzuki, II order you to form a contract with me as my familiar!”, and a blue magic circle appeared as I started saying those words and after finishing the circle disappeared and the Sylph glowed blue.

 

“All right, we are done. Well done Akira kun!”, said Akeno.

 

Then the Sylph flew towards me and landed my shoulder. I gave her headpats. I then remembered I had to give her a name so I said, “I will name you Aoi”, with a smile.

 

The Sylph replied, “Thank you master. I like the name very much”, with a smile.

 

This earned a gasp from everyone including me.

 

“You can speak our language?”, I asked incredulously.

 

She just giggled and said, “No master but due to this familiar contract I was able to understand your language and communicate with you. It works for spirits only”.

 

“I see, please take care of me from now on then Aoi”, I said.

 

“Likewise master”, she replied with a smile.

 

Asia was pouting for some reason and came and immediately put her arm on mine. Koneko looked a bit upset too, I don’t know why.

 

Issei on the other hand was pulling his hair and crying saying, “Why is it always Akira? Why does he always get the beautiful girls? I want one too. This is not far”.

 

I looked at him and shook my head and said, “Relax Issei she is only my familiar”.

 

“But she is a girl”, said Issei while still crying. I decided to leave it at that, there is no reasoning with this  guy.

 

Anyway we continued moving forward. Aoi tagging along on my shoulder.

 

Then suddenly Zatouji said, “Wait”. We halted.

 

“Look”, Zatouji said pointing to a tree. We all looked at it.

 

There was a blue dragon with red eyes. It was quite small and it was sitting on a branch.

 

It looked at us.

 

Issei said, “D-Dragon?”.

 

“It’s cute!”, said Asia still locked in arms with me.

 

“Sprite Dragon. Child of the dragon that wields cerulean lightning”, said Zatouji.

 

“This one is high class as well”, said Kiba.

 

“Wow I saw two types of  familiars for the first time today”, said Rias.

 

“Now’s the only chance to catch it! It’s impossible to catch in mature form”, said Zatouji.

 

“Ise-kun has the power of Sekiryuutei, so the compatibility should be fine”, said Akeno.

 

“I see. Alright, Sprite Dragon I choose you---------“, said Issei.

 

But before he could finish we hared screams coming from behind and my side.

 

I turned to see Asia covered with slime and it was eating her clothes.

 

“Ara Ara!”, I heard Akeno moan and yes she was covered by slime.  Rias was covered too , everyone of us were. They were coming from the top.

 

“Slime!”, said Kiba as he tried to cut them off but the slime got in his eyes and he lost vision and he was swinging blindly.

 

“Ara Ara!. This embarrassing!”, Akeno continued as the dresses of the girls were continuing to get dissolved showing their underwear.

 

“Oh no!”, said Rias as the same thing was happening to her.

 

“It’s dissolving!”, said Asia as her clothes continued to dissolve too.

 

“So slimy. Gross!”, said Koneko with a blush having the same fate.

 

“Damn it!”, said Kiba trying to get the slime off his eyes.

 

Issei had a nosebleed as he covered his nose saying, “This is wonderful!”.

 

Koneko punched Issei and me saying, “Don’t look”.

 

“Hey Ise is the one having weird fantasies. Why are you punching me too?”, I protested but it was ignored.

 

“But I have gotta do something when you are in trouble”, said Issei with a perverted face.

 

I wanted to immediately help, Aoi sensing it suddenly got up from my shoulder and sent a breeze of air currents, each with the cutting power of blades. The slimes on everyone was pretty much removed.

 

“Thank you Akira”, said Rias with a smile.

 

“Ara ara thank you Akira-kun”, said Akeno.

 

“Thank you Akira-san”, said Koneko.

 

“Thank you Aoi. You can take a rest now”, I said to Aoi with a smile.

 

“It’s my pleasure master”, said Aoi with a happy giggle and disappeared.

 

“No I missed the good view. Why would you do this?”, said Issei looking angrily at me.

 

“Not everyone is a pervert like you”, I shrugged and told him.

 

“These were slimes that primarily feed on textile. Though they are most harmless aside from eating women’s clothes”, said Zatouji while he also had blood come out of his nose.

 

Issei looked at him with glee and then said, “Clothes eating slimes? Buchou I’ll make this slime my familiar. This is exactly the talent I was seeking”, while looking at Rias.

 

Then he looked around to find no slimes and he looked disappointed and said, “Nooo slime-taro where are you?”.

 

“Slime-taro? You even named it?”, asked Rias.

 

“You know Ise? Familiars are very important to devils! Think carefully!”, continued.

 

“I have thought carefully! I want the slime as my familiar”, shouted Issei with tears in his eyes.

 

Then Asia suddenly said, “Uuu”. I turned and saw a residual slime on her shoulder.

 

Issei tried to run towards it and I blocked and hugged Asia and  and said, “Stop! What do you think you are doing? I’ll destroy it”, preparing wind magic in my hand. Asia was looking happy.

 

“Don’t! I have no doubt this slime was born in this world to meet me! This is destiny! You can’t separate us! Slime-taro my partner!”, shouted Issei.

 

“I have never seen a devil who wants the pests of the forest this badly. It’s a big world!”, said Zatouji amused.

 

“He’s usually a good kid. But  he is too honest with his carnal desires”, said Rias looking at Issei with pity as others followed suit.

 

“Buchou stop looking at me with such pity! With him I’ll be a true hero”, said Issei with tears in his eyes. I was laughing internally.

 

Then suddenly a blue lightning came which shocked both me nad Issei and removed the slime from Asia, I and Issei screamed, “AAAHHH”.

 

“What was that?”, we both said in unison.

 

The sprite dragon was floating above us making noise.

 

“Sprite dragon lightning?”, asked Rias.

 

Issei looked at the slime’s remains and said, “Slime-taro!”, then looked at the dragon saying, “You bastard!” and then again he and me got shocked. First Koneko and then this dragon, why am I getting punished for Issei’s crimes today?

 

“Akira-san”, said Asia worried and checked my condition.

 

The dragon landed on her shoulder.

 

“Huh?”, said Asia looking at it.

 

“This is…”, said Koneko.

 

“It only attacks thing it recognizes as enemies. It must have thought the boys and the slime was attacking the blond girl”, said Zatouji.

 

“That means..”, said Kiba.

 

“It’s cute!”, said Asia and held out her hands and the dragon jumped on her hands and they hugged. She petted it.

 

“Well, it looks like you got  yourself a familiar, beauty!”, said Zatouji.

 

Then she made the familiar contract.

 

“Well done, Asia-chan!”, said Akeno.

 

Then the sprite dragon flew into Asia’s hands and she embraced it happily and it nuzzled with her and she said, “That tickles, Rakira-kun!”.

 

“Raikira?”, I asked.

 

“Yes, since he shoots lightning. I took part of your name as well”, said Asia.

 

“I am honored”, I said smiling.

 

I went to greet Raikira and extended my hand saying, “Nice to meet you, Raikira”. But it electrocuted me and looked way.

 

“Oh I forgot to tell you, but male dragons hate males of other species!”, said Zatouji.

 

“Raikira you mischievous kid”, said Rias.

 

Issei was crying as he said, “Why did you die, my friend slime-taro? Grant me that wonderful power”.

 

“Death to perverts”, commented Koneko.

 

We stayed in the forest for a bit more but couldn’t find a familiar for Issei so we returned.

 

“Did I get a familiar in the anime?”, asked Issei while looking at me.

 

“No”, I answer honestly. Issei hung his head depressed but I didn’t say anything as I didn’t know what to say to cheer him up.

 

That’s how that night ended.

77