Chapter 4.2 – Scandal
14.8k 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            The whole matter had been captured on photos including photos taken of Luo Anhai driving off with a Cowboy in her sports car.  Then some photos were taken of them together when they walked into her residence.

            Han Ding Rui looked at the photo of Luo Anhai and the gigolo ……it was taken quite far away with blurry images but it could be seen that their actions were very intimate.

            "It seems like Anhai's notoriety in the love playing field has gone up one notch again!"   Angel lamented.  The reputation of a daughter of an aristocratic family is cherished but only that Luo Anhai did not share the same opinion.  Her reputation is notorious but her business sense is extremely good.  The shopping site that she built up had improved tremendously and sales had increased by leaps and bounds, month by month.

            "Han, you say……."   Angel was about to continue about Luo Anhai's gossip when Han Ding Rui's phone rang.

            He picked up the call.  "Mom, what is it?"

            "Xiao Rui, come home now!"  Mei Fang's voice sounded urgent.  "Hunter Family called your Uncle Luo and talked about Luo Anhai's affairs.  Your Uncle Luo was very angry and in his study, he called Anhai to come home immediately.  If both father and daughter meet, they are sure to quarrel……."

            "Mom, don’t worry.  I'll come home, right now!"   Han Ding Rui immediately got up and at the same time grabbed the magazine lying on the table.  He turned to Angel and said.  "Angel, I have to make a move and you take charge of the preparation for the ball."   After that, he quickly walked out of the room.

            It was rare to see Han Ding Rui lose his cool and with such an urgent expression.  Angel was surprised and stared at him as he left…….to be exact, she was staring at the magazine in his hands.

            Uh…… that’s my magazine……at least give it back to me!

            As Han Ding Rui left the school he threw the magazine into the school incinerator.

            Ever since that night, Luo Anhai had felt unsettled and everything she did was not to her expectations.

            She attended a fashion show by invitation and had a few words with Lille, the legendary and popular male model.  Immediately, she was rumored to be attached to him.  That news could be ignored.  Having lunch with Lille's Chief Executive boyfriend and he was rumored to be her new love.  Did they not see there were three people sitting at the same table?  They were really skilled photographers.  They had waited for Lille to go to the washroom and took that shot. 

            It was okay.  Anyway, the rumors and gossips about her were aplenty and she is innocent.  She could not be bothered with such rumors and gossips that were spreading.

            But she did not expect that gossiping about her was not enough and even celebrating a birthday could turn into an accident.

            Things went like this--

            The shopping site that she built up had flexible work hours and was also located in a commercial building in the city center.  She had bought the top two floors of the building and the penthouse was her residence while the lower floor was her company.

            She likes the feeling of standing on a high level looking down and so when the building was completed she bought the highest top two floors.  The General Manager of her shopping site, Ai Er had said that from this, Luo Anhai's arrogant personality could be easily seen!

            Luo Anhai listened with her nose tingling.  A foreigner talking to her in idioms!

            Luo Anhai did not usually go to her office and if something needs her decision or signature, her staff would usually send the documents directly to her in the penthouse.  Sometimes, when she was busy, her staff would collectively gather in her residence, staying up late into the night to discuss business and if they were tired they would just stay for the night.

            And last night, they were celebrating Ai Er's birthday.  Everyone in the company was there to join in the celebration and they had reserved a room at Queen including some Cowboys for the night.

            Of course, all expenses for the night were paid by the Big Boss.

            Luo Anhai did not mind.  She could afford to spend this kind of money but she did not intend to go and get herself crazy in Queen.  She was having too many problems lately and felt it would be safer to stay home.

            But Ai Er had requested her to come along and since Ai Er had worked really hard for the company, devoting her time, her effort, short of dying in the process…….and as her Boss can she really not attend Ai Er’s birthday party?

            In the end, Luo Anhai went along.

            And then her bad luck manifested.  She met the drunk Lille in Queen.  Looking at him, it was clear that he had quarreled with his CEO lover.  When she saw Lille was ready to leave with a Cowboy, she quickly tried to stop them and was prepared to lead Lille away when a drunk Baker actually burst into Queen to look for her.  He made a ruckus and insisted on taking her with him.  She refused and Baker caught hold of her by her shoulders.  Her anger flared up and she flipped him over her shoulder.  She really did not want to do that but it was purely her subconscious defense reaction.

            Seeing Baker on the ground, Luo Anhai was annoyed and groaned.  Who knew that was not the worst.  The next moment, Baker was crying and kneeling in front of her, begging her not to leave him……

            Luo Anhai felt her whole head throbbing in pain.

            The whole group of women staff in her company was elated after watching the show and Luo Anhai glanced fiercely at them.  She called one of Queen's staff to take care of the drunk Baker and helped the drunk Lille leave Queen.

            She had wanted to send Lille home but he had refused to go home and so, she had to take Lille home with her.

            What can happen between a woman and a gay?  Even when they were sleeping on the same bed, Lille was cursing his man, saying that he was good-for-nothing and cheating behind his back.

            She was so tired listening to a drunk gone crazy and finally, she called his CEO lover.  She told him to come the next day to take him home.  Eventually, she was so tired that she fell asleep without even taking her bath.

            Who knew that she had not even woke up, her old man had roared at her on the phone and told her to go home immediately.

            This is the reason why she is standing in front of Luo Family's door now.

            On her way here, Ai Er had called her on her phone and gloatingly told her that last night's happenings at Queen had caused an uproar.  The sizzling news was reported in all the newspapers and magazines.

            With this news, she had guessed the reason why her old man had wanted her to return home urgently.

            She sighed helplessly.  Luo Anhai resignedly opened the door and the minute she stepped into the entrance she heard her old man's roar.

            "Luo Anhai!  You still have face to come home!"

            At the same time she heard the roar, she sensed something being thrown at her.  Luo Anhai tried to avoid but a shadow passed in front of her……hugging her…… shielding her.

            She heard the man protecting her gave a soft humph and then came the sound of broken glass.

            Luo Anhai was stunned.  She lifted her head and looked up to see Han Ding Rui's eyebrows wrinkled and his black eyes focused on her, staring back at her.

            Her heart cannot help but tremble.

            "Xiao Rui!"  Mei Fang cried.  She quickly came over and asked.  "Are you alright?  Are you scalded by the hot water?"

            Han Ding Rui ignored the pain on his shoulder.  He looked at his mother and shook his head, then put on a smile to appease her.  "Mom, I'm fine."

            "If you are fine, then it's alright."   Mei Fang suppressed her anxiety.  Immediately she turned around and scolded her husband.  "Luo Cheng He, what have you done?!  Getting angry is okay but you even threw that pot of hot water at Anhai!   Luckily Xiao Rui was able to block it!…….  What are you going to do if Anhai is scalded with hot water or injured by the glass?!"

            "I….."  The second he threw the teapot at Anhai, he already regretted.  Fortunately, Han Ding Rui was there to block……

            His anger temporarily subsided and was also worried about whether his daughter was injured or not.  He wanted to know but did not want to ask.

            Suddenly Luo Anhai pushed away Han Ding Rui.  "Go away!  Mind your own business!"

            Caught unaware, Han Ding Rui did not expect Luo Anhai to push him away.  Enduring the extreme pain on his back, he fell backward.

            Luo Anhai was stunned and with wide eyes, she looked at him sitting down on the ground.  His right palm was pressed on the broken pieces of the teapot.

            "Xiao Rui ! !"   Mei Fang screamed.

            "Luo Anhai!  What have you done?!"   Luo Cheng He was startled.  Actually, his temper had somewhat subsided but now flared up again.  "You even pushed your brother!  You only know how to cause trouble, what else can you do?!"

            She did not do that intentionally, she……she just……

            Luo Anhai looked at the blood on Han Ding Rui's hand.  With her hands hanging by her side, she trembled slightly and her face still with a stubborn look.

            "Who told him to be careless"   She answered coldly.

            "You!"  She did not even reflect on her mistakes, and even said this.  Luo Cheng He shook with rage.  "Get out!  Get out of this home!  Don’t ever come back!"

            "Enough!  Cheng He!  Stop talking!"  Mei Fang could not take any more from her husband.  She turned to Luo Anhai and gently said.  "Anhai, don’t listen to your father."   Finally, she looked at her son in distress.  "Xiao Rui…… wait, mom will get the medicine box.”

            Mei Fang hurried away to get the medicine box.  Luo Anhai pursed her lips and without saying a word, she turned around and walked out the door.

            She went away very quickly.  She could still hear Luo Cheng He scolding and cursing but her mind could only remember Han Ding Rui's bleeding hand.  When he was hugging her, his eyes that were staring at her……his black pupils mirrored her reflection……. so devoted, so absorbing that she felt afraid.

            She could help but escape!

            Luo Anhai took out her car keys with shaking hands but someone grabbed her keys from her.  Feeling shocked, she looked up and saw Han Ding Rui had opened the door and was getting into the driver's seat.

            "Han Ding Rui, what are you doing?!  Get out of my car!"  She glared at him.

            He started the engine, turned his head around and looked at her.  "Get in!"

            "This is my car!  You……."

            "Get in!"   Han Ding Rui said impatiently.  "I'll count to three and if you still won’t get in, I'll drive off!"

            "……..."

            Luo Anhai stared at him.  She will not give in, she……..her eyes fell onto his right hand stained with blood and her eyes squinted.

            As Han Ding Rui counted to three, she opened the door and got into the car.

7