Chapter 5.1 – Quarrel
16.7k 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Han Ding Rui did not know why he came after Luo Anhai.  It was just that when he saw her receding back, his heart instantly had an impulse and unable to put her out of his mind, his body had instinctively responded without thinking.

            After grabbing her car keys and forcing her to get in, he did not know where to go except to drive her back to her residence.

            Along the way, the two of them did not speak.  Upon reaching the parking lot, Luo Anhai got off and Han Ding Rui also got off to follow behind her.

            He followed her into the exclusive elevator to her penthouse.

           When the elevator stopped, Luo Anhai keyed in the password and the elevator door opened up to her huge penthouse of 60 sq.mtr.

            This is the first time Han Ding Rui is in Luo Anhai's penthouse.  He thought that due to her high-profile personality, her residence would be decorated in ultimate luxury but did not think that it would be so simple and warm.

            There was a 40 inch LCD TV in front of the living room and in front of the TV was a single sofa with an L-shaped couch with a round glass table placed in the middle.  The floor was covered with a soft carpet and a few soft cat-shaped cushions were casually placed on the floor.

            The kitchen and living room were separated by a glass screen.  There was also a circular bar in front of the kitchen and the bar was next to the wine cabinet and the coffee machine.

            On the right, there were three rooms.  From the open door, it could be seen that the left was a study, on the right was a room and the master bedroom was in the middle.

           In the corner, there was a small fish tank in which a few small goldfishes were swimming and beside the fish tank were a few green potted plants.

            Han Ding Rui was surprised to see the fish tank and potted plants.  How could these two things match up with Luo Anhai's personality as well as this warm and elegant residence?

            Luo Anhai took out the medicine box from the cupboard and saw Han Ding Rui was still standing at the door.  "Why are you standing there?  Come over."   Her tone was cold.  Ignoring him, she sat down on the sofa and opened up the medicine box.

            Seeing the medicine box, Han Ding Rui was once again surprised.  Did she want to help him dress his wounds?    When did she become so nice?  Obviously, just now she had pushed him which caused him to fall down and injured his hand.

            She would not be thinking of putting poison on him to retaliate against him for grabbing her car keys and forcing her to get into the car, right?  Oh, yes. That night, he bluffed her about throwing away her car keys, is she seeking revenge at the same time?

            Although he was suspicious, Han Din Rui still stepped forward and sat down on the sofa.

            "Hand."   She ordered.

            He obediently stretched out his right hand.

            The blood had dried on his hand and Luo Anhai used a pincer to pick up a piece of cotton, dipped it in saltwater and carefully helped him to clean up the wound.

            He was very surprised that she was really helping to dress his wound and not taking revenge on him.  Since saltwater would sting when it came into contact with his wound, he could feel that she was trying to lighten her actions so that he would not feel too much pain.  This feeling was magical and he could not help but look at her.

            This is the first time they were sitting so close to each other.  With her head bowed, he could see her long eyelashes fluttering like butterfly wings and he wanted to reach out and touch them.  She has white flawless, delicate skin and her light breath softly brushed against his hand.  His heart seemed to be gently touched.

            Luo Anhai knew he was looking at her and she tried to maintain a cold look.  She cleaned his wound, made sure no glass fragments were embedded in the wound before coating the wound with iodine and then she bandaged the hand.

            She tied the bandage with a knot then looked up at him and said in a cold tone.  "Take off your shirt."

            "What?"   Han Din Rui was caught by surprise.  What does she want to do?

            The surprise was visible on his usually calm face.  This time, he could not help but also feel shocked.  She had helped to dress his wound and now she also wanted to see to the injury on his back………

            "Luo Anhai, have you changed your stance?"  When did she start to care so much for him?

            She ignored his words and said again.  "Take off your shirt and turn around!"

            Han Ding Rui was surprised but still did according to her instructions and pulled up his T-shirt.  When he lifted his arm, he unconsciously stretched his back muscles and hissed lightly under his breath.

            She saw a large blue mark in the middle of his back and frowned.  She got up and went into the bathroom.  A little while later, she came out with a towel in her hand.

            He knitted his eyebrows, looked at the towel in her hand and received a cold stare from Luo Anhai.  He turned around and could feel the warm towel being placed on his back.  The tight feeling in his neck slowly began to relax.

               "Although you were nosy, this injury was due to me……I don’t want to owe you."   She finally explained her behavior and she continued to add sarcastically.  "Stupid, I could have avoided that teapot."   At that time, she was ready to jump away.

            "Even if you could avoid that teapot then what about the hot water?  If it was shattered to pieces…….you are a girl, your face cannot be ruined."   He knew that she would not appreciate his actions.  Anyway, he did not protect her to get her gratitude, it was only his subconscious reaction.

            She had a flashback of that year when she encountered the bullies and he was only ten years old.  He had protected her by putting himself in front of her and told her to run.

            "It was just as stupid."   She muttered under her breath.

            What did she say?  Her voice was very light.  Han Ding Rui did not hear clearly.

            Luo Anhai did not speak again.  She took away the towel that had cooled down and put some medicinal alcohol in her palms.  She began to rub his back, paused her actions and then pressed down with force.

            "Ah!"  He did not think she would use so much force.  He cried out.  "Luo Anhai!"  She really wanted to take revenge on him.  In the beginning, she had been very gentle and waited for him to put down his guard.

            "If force is not used, how will the bruise disappear?  Don’t you like to act like a hero?  It is just a slight pain and you are calling out like this."   She coldly ridiculed.

            He suddenly thought of the time when he was ten years old.  In order to protect her, he had injuries all over his body and had also received her ridicule.

            Oh, at least, this time it was a little bit different from the last time.  That time, she did not portray any kindness to help him put medicine but he would rather not have her kindness.

            As if she was seeking revenge, her hand was rubbing harder and harder.  He was sweating in pain but he still did make any sound.

            In order to divert attention, he said.  "Don’t make Uncle angry anymore."

            Luo Anhai stopped her rubbing action.  "Why?  Being a hero is not enough, now you want to be a peacekeeper?"

            He had expected that she would respond in this way and reluctantly turned around to look at her.  "Luo Anhai, can you stop your stings and calmly listen to me?"

            "What do you want to say?"   Luo Anhai put down the bottle of medicinal alcohol and folded her hands across her chest.  Lifting her chin, she looked proudly at him.

            He was familiar with her appearance and knew this was her fighting posture.

            The peaceful atmosphere just now was like an illusion.  They were back to the tense, explosive mode again.  This was not surprising to him for as long as the subject 'Uncle Luo' was brought up, she would adopt this look.

            Then finally, they will end up quarreling.

            Even knowing the outcome of this conversation, he still decided to speak.  "The pipes that you gave to Uncle Luo every year, he placed them together in the same wooden box and frequently he would take them out to look at them."

            Luo Anhai's heart wavered but her expression was still stubborn and did not reveal a trace of emotion.

            "These days when you did not come home, every dinner time Uncle Luo will wait in the living room…… although he did not show, we know he is waiting for you to come home for dinner.  It is not that Uncle Luo doesn’t care for you, it is just that he does not know how to get along with you and you don’t give him a chance…….."

            "Enough!"   She did not want to hear any more.

            He ignored her and continued.  "Luo Anhai, you can hate me, hate my mother but Uncle Luo is not your enemy.  He is getting old, he……."

            "You have said enough!"  She got up angrily and glared at him.  "What do you know?!  You don’t know anything at all!  You don’t need to do anything!  Get out!  Leave my house!"

            After that, she did not want to see him and she went into her room, slamming the door.

            Looking at the closed door, he kneaded his forehead and closed his eyes helplessly.

            As expected…..this is the result.

 

            Luo Anhai knew that she was dreaming.  This dream, she has had countless times……every day…… every night……and she was used to it.

            In the dream, she was still that little girl, shyly standing in the corner, watching her mother crying as she crazily smashed everything…….her beautiful pale face was as gorgeous as ghosts.

            "Why?  Why did he treat me like this?  Why?  Anhai!  Anhai!"  The woman suddenly hugged her, trembling and forcefully.  "Anhai, Mummy only has you, only you are left.  Your father doesn’t want us anymore.   Why?  Why doesn’t he love me?  I love him!"

            She let the woman hold her even if she felt afraid……she dared not cry out.  She knew if she cried it would only make the woman go crazier.

            "I heard the Master has a woman outside and wanted to divorce Madame…….Madame is so pitiful."

            "The rich usually get married for benefits.  Only Madame cannot bear it and she had loved tragically."

            They did not notice the little girl standing at the corner who heard every word that was said.

            "Luo Cheng He!  How can you do this to me!  Because of another woman, you want to divorce me!  Don’t even think about it!  Forget it……forever!  Luo Cheng He!  I will not let you get your wish!  No way!"

            "I have asked the lawyer to prepare a divorce agreement."

            "No, don’t do this to me!  I love you…….Anhai!  Anhai!  Beg your Father, beg him not to abandon Mummy……Mummy loves him!"

            She looked at her mother who had gone crazy.  The love that her mother professed made her confused.  She looked at her mother's tragic end, looked at her father's heartlessness and watched the two people that had replaced her family.  She felt the feeling of hate that slowly accumulated.

            But in a blink of an eye, at her tomb, she resented her loved ones and thought she did not care for her father who was distressed by her death.  The most disgusting was that man….. who always entered her room late in the night……..so gently holding her photo and lying alone in her bed.

            She looked at him…….in her heart, she could clearly see but could not believe.

            He loved her…….that man she hated, that forever silent man, that man who wanted to take away all that belonged to her…….had actually loved her.

            Loving in silence, in suppression, so tragic and so ridiculous.

            Why was it like this?   She did not understand.  She just felt afraid, regardless of whether it was her mother's crazy love or his serious feelings….. it made her fearful.

            She looked at the man lying on her bed, her misty figure slowly floating, kneeling in front of the bed, she only wanted to touch the tears at the corner of his eyes.

            Trembling and heart aching, she felt afraid. 

            She does not want him to be like this……does not want him to love her.

            She will not love him……..absolutely not.

            Her mother's madness deeply etched in her heart.  She was really afraid, she did not want to become like that.

            Han Ding Rui…….she gently hugged the person lying on the bed.  She closed her eyes and murmured his name.  Han Ding Rui……..Han Ding Rui…….

            "Luo Anhai!" 

            Still in a daze, she opened her eyes and stared at the familiar face that appeared in her dream.

            "Are you alright?  It seems like you are having a nightmare."   Han Ding Rui heard her groaning and thought something had happened to her.  He had opened the door and found her curled into a ball like an insecure child, shrunk into a pupa state.

            That image suddenly pulled at his heart.

            Without thinking, he entered her room.  He wanted to wake her and then he saw the crystal- like tears at the corner of her eyes.  He was stunned.

            She was crying.

7