Chapter 5.2 – Moving In
17.6k 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            If he had not seen it personally, he would have thought it was an illusion.  The arrogant Queen, Luo Anhai, could even cry.

            This Luo Anhai made Han Ding Rui panicked.  What did she dream of?  What could have made the stubborn, unyielding Luo Anhai cry?

            "Han Ding Rui……."

            Hearing her call his name, he thought she was already awake but was surprised to see her eyes still closed.  He was startled and could not help but doubt. 

            Can it be……..she is dreaming of him?  How can it be?! 

            He must be thinking too much but looking at the tears at the corner of her eyes, he frowned.

            "Luo Anhai, wake up, Luo Anhai!"  He stretched out his hands to shake her and wanted to wake her from that dream.  No matter what she was dreaming, he could not bear to see her like this.

            The proud Luo Anhai was not suited to tears.

            Finally, she opened her eyes, no longer dreaming but she looked fragile and dazed.  She looked at him with glowing eyes as if sucking in his soul.

            Han Ding Rui felt as if his heart had taken a severe knock.

            Luo Anhai blinked and found that the face in front of her was the younger version of the face in her dream.  She instantly sobered up and understood that this was not a dream.  She said awkwardly.  "Why are you still here?  Didn’t I tell you to leave?"

            He knew that she had returned to her normal self.  Han Ding Rui felt helpless and ridiculous.,

            This woman is always so stubborn like this.

            He did not say anything and walked into the bathroom.  He came out with a towel in his hand and threw it at her.

            "Wipe your face.  Sleep and drool……I really should have taken a photo of you and show those men who don’t possess eyes and they will be disillusioned."

            "Why should you care?  Get out of my room!"   She used the towel to cover her face and her muffled voice sounded from behind the towel.

            "Dinner is ready.  Wipe your face and come out to eat."   He went out of the room to give her some space to sort out herself.

            Luo Anhai took down at her towel and looked in confusion at the door.  She knew she had been crying.  Every time she dreams, she would always wake up in tears and he must have seen.

            She was ready to be ridiculed by him but did not think he would not mention it at all.  He had also conjured up some ridiculous words to help her cover up.

            It seems that he always does something unexpectedly.

            She had always treated him badly but he had stood in front of her protectively to block her from her father's flying teapot.  Obviously, they had quarreled intensively in the afternoon but he did not ridicule her when he clearly saw her crying. 

            This eighteen-year-old boy is just like that man in her memory…….enabling her to see clearly.

            Luo Anhai felt at a loss.  At this moment, she did not know what to do.  Continue arguing with Han Ding Rui?  But she felt she did not have any more strength to carry on fighting.……..

            All this time, she was prep for battle but she was tired.

            "Mm…..I'm still here……"

            Luo Anhai looked up and listened to the voice coming from the outside.  Thinking for a while, she got up and walked out of the room then turned left and went into the kitchen.

            "I'm fine.  Luo Anhai had helped me put on medicine."  When he saw Luo Anhai walking into the kitchen, he lowered his voice to a whisper.  On the other side, Mei Fang heard her son calling Luo Anhai's name and could not help but say. 

            "You……when you call Anhai, you always call her by her full name.  I have told you many times since you were small, you are to call her 'Sister'…….."

            Han Ding Rui let his mother continue her nagging.  Luo Anhai was standing beside the bar counter and inadvertently their eyes met.  She lowered her eyes uncomfortably without her usual domineering imposing manner.

            Han Ding Rui wanted to laugh and suddenly felt that the present Luo Anhai was actually quite cute.  Holding down the curve forming on his mouth, he took out a white porcelain plate from the cupboard.  While gripping his phone between his ear and shoulder, he picked up the tongs that were on the table and from the flat base pan he picked up some Italian pasta and placed it on the plate.

            Mei Fang on the other side of the phone did not hear her son's voice and felt helpless.  This child had always been obedient to her but every time she broached this subject of him greeting Anhai as 'sister', he would be stubborn.  "Well, this is always your attitude every time I talk to you on this matter.  Is Anhai okay?  Did the two of you quarrel?"

            "She is fine.  We didn’t quarrel."  Han Ding Rui put the plate of Italian pasta on the table then took out a glass and poured in some apple juice before putting it on the table.

            Lu Anhai looked at the plate of Italian pasta.  Sauce……other than white sauce, she would never consume other types of sauces.

            She shot a glance at Han Ding Rui……how did he know her preferences?

            Actually, she was still hesitant about eating the food Han Ding Rui had prepared.  But this is her home and the foodstuff was also bought by her then why shouldn't she eat?  So she sat down, picked up the glass of apple juice and took a sip.

            On the other side of the table, Han Ding Rui was still talking to Mei Fang.  "Tell Uncle Luo not to worry."

            When he mentioned her father's name, Luo Anhai who was drinking apple juice momentarily paused and then as if nothing had happened she continued to drink her apple juice.

            Han Ding Rui curved his mouth slightly, pretended he did not notice and continued talking with his mother.  "Okay, I know.  I will take care of her."

            Luo Anhai finally looked up at him with her eyebrows gathered.

            "Okay, get Paul to send the luggage over."   Paul was the old chauffeur of Luo Family.

            Luggage?  What luggage?

            Luo Anhai looked at him suspiciously.  She felt something was not right.

            Under her stare, Han Ding Rui ended his phone call and helped himself to a plate of the Italian pasta.  He sat down opposite her, took a mouthful of apple juice before picking up his fork and began to eat.

            The fragrant creamy sauce had stimulated Luo Anhai's tummy as she had not eaten the whole day and was really hungry but now her attention was concentrated on the phone conversation.

            Seeing Han Ding Rui did not speak, she asked.  "What is the meaning of 'get Paul to send the luggage'?  Send whose luggage?"

            He swallowed the food in his mouth, took a sip of apple juice to soothe his throat and saw the impatience on Luo Anhai's face.  He finally said. 

            "Uncle Luo is very dissatisfied with the promiscuity of your private life."

            Hearing that word 'promiscuity', Luo Anhai's anger immediately soared.  "Who is promiscuous?……."

            "So, he wants me to monitor you."

            "What?!"  Luo Anhai almost jumped up and looked incredibly at Han Ding Rui.  "Monitor?  What the heck!"   How old is she, to be monitored by a kid who is four years younger than her?!

            Luo Anhai refused to accept this.  Monitor?  *Pei!*

            "Get out of here immediately!"

            Facing her outburst, Han Ding Rui calmly said.  "If you have any complaints, please talk to Uncle Luo yourself."   At the same time, he put the phone on the table and pushed it to her front.

            Luo Anhai stared at the phone.

            Call her old man?  In less than half a month, father and daughter had had two conflicts and this would be the third time……..she really did not want to anger the old man.

            "Mm?  Not calling?"  He propped his cheek with his hand.

            Luo Anhai's response was to pick up the phone and threw it at him.

                                    *****************

            Ai Er walked into the office.  Now is three o'clock in the afternoon and this time will be the liveliest time in the company.  Normally a group of women will be having their afternoon tea time. 

            But at this moment, the whole company was quiet, so quiet that even the tapping of the keyboard was cautiously light.  When walking around, one had to tiptoe on trembling feet, afraid to even make the slightest noise.

            Ai Er lifted her delicate eyebrows.  She had not come into the office for only two days……what had happened?

            On seeing the General Manager, everyone in the company put on sad faces and their hands silently pointed towards the Boss's office.

            The normally easy-to-get-along Boss had exploded for two days in a row.  All the staff had been reprimanded especially the planning team was brutally hammered in the morning.  Everyone was collectively defeated and lay 'dying' at their desks.

            Ai Er was surprised again.  Their Queen never comes into the company and usually, if they want anything they would go upstairs to look for her.  "What happened?"  She asked them silently.

            Everyone shook their head…….they did not know!  Yesterday, the Boss came into the company with a ferocious temper.  Less than ten minutes later, she called for a meeting and in the meeting, everyone was reprimanded severely.  The Boss also said that if sales did not increase by ten percent this month their year-end bonus would be cut off.

            They wanted to protest but the Boss's cold face scared everyone and whatever they wanted to say got stuck in their throats.  At least they fared better than the planning team.  The Boss wanted the planning team to come out with a new plan within the day.

            Then this morning, the Boss made the whole team break down in tears.

            Now the whole company is in dire straits.  They were looking forward to a brave warrior to save them…..and everyone was looking at the General Manager.

            Ai Er smiled at the expression in everyone's eyes.  Is it so terrible?

            It is terrible!…….everyone nodded ferociously.

            Unable to tolerate this group of clowns, Ai Er shook her head and readied herself to face the Boss.  She took two steps forward when a low voice sounded behind her.

            "Excuse me."  

            Ah……Ai Er had always liked this type of mellow, rich voice and she turned around gracefully.  Her eyes shone brightly.

            It was a young man wearing only a simple T-shirt matched up with jeans.  His wide shoulders, narrow buttocks, and his thin T-shirt vaguely showed his strong and delicate muscles.  His tight, dark jeans were unable to hide strong leg muscles especially those firm buttocks……

            Geez, so sexy that she wanted to give him a pinch!

            And that face……Ai Er had the urge to whistle!

            She has seen a lot of handsome men and according to her criteria…..this youngster can be regarded as the best!

            Looking at the calm and dignified temperament, the handsome masculine features, although still a little young but imagine……..five years from now, he will be exuding masculine sexiness……..

            Oh yes!….. Ai Er pointed her finger.  "Lily, are we going to develop the male market?  What about this kid?  If he can be our male model, he will definitely floor a great portion of the males."   Look, look.  Isn't this Xiao Shou Shou's requirement for the popular body type?   (Xiao Shou Shou is the online shopping site of Lou Anhai’s fashion business.)

            Lily touched her chin, walked a circle around him. 

            Oh….…looked at his sexy butt!

            Han Ding Rui deftly dodged Lily's roving hand.  Facing a group of women with wolf-like tiger-hungry eyes, he still had on his indifferent smile.  "Sorry, I'm looking for someone."

            Ai Er leaned against the table and brushed the hair resting on her chest to the back of her shoulders.  Exposing a low-necked collar, her short skirt showing a pair of charming long legs, she gave the boy an enticing look.  With her tongue licking her lips, she said in a husky soft voice.  "Handsome, who are you looking for?"

            "I'm looking for…….."

            "Ai Er……Jackson!"  Boss Queen's office door was opened with force.  Luo Anhai walked out of her office in an imposing manner.  "You……this woman has finally decided to come into the office!……"  And then her eyes fell on the little devil standing outside her door.  "Han Ding Rui, what are you doing in my office?!"

            In face of the Queen's roar, Han Ding Rui calmly lifted up his hands to show a paper bag with an indifferent and innocent look on his face.

            "I'm here to send you, your afternoon tea."

7