Chapter 9.0 – Because I love you
32.3k 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          All along, Luo Cheng He had felt guilty towards his only daughter.  He knew he had not been a good father to her and he also knew that in Luo Anhai's heart, she blamed him for the wrong he had done to her mother…… his wife Sally.

          Luo Cheng He knew the one at fault was him and felt sorry for his wife.  It was a business marriage between him and Sally.  He did not love Sally and before his marriage, he had already met Mei Fang.  At that time, he and Mei Fang had been together for many years and he had planned to marry Mei Fang. 

          That time, Luo Corporation was facing bankruptcy because of bad investment and problematic cash flow.  His father forced him to marry the daughter of the Hank Family and his mother had begged him……he was willing to be poor and was willing to give up his status as young master but he could not bear to watch his old parents lose everything. 

          Helplessly he had to break up with Mei Fang and marry Sally in accordance with his father's wishes. 

          He had wanted to be a good husband to his wife Sally.  For the first few years after getting married he worked hard to save Luo Corporation.  Every day he would be busy working and did not have time to keep his wife company. 

          Somehow she found out about his past relationship with his ex-girlfriend and by nature, Sally was sensitive and suspicious.  As a result, she began to give him trouble.  Every day after coming home from his busy work schedule and feeling tired he still had to face Sally's senseless accusations.  This made him even more tired. 

          Later, he met Mei Fang again.  Mei Fang was living in the slums with her child and she was earning money by helping out at a small eatery washing dishes.  Since they already knew each other and he was the one who left her, he felt sorry and came forward to help her.

          He and Mei Fang met up frequently and Mei Fang's gentle, considerate personality made him recall their past relationship.  When he was home, he always had to face his wife's constant complaints and nagging, so his heart began to turn towards Mei Fang. 

          Luo Cheng He admitted he was selfish and Sally's continuous bickering slowly eroded his warm feelings for her.  He requested for divorce but of course, it was rejected by Sally.  They reached a deadlock for several years until Sally finally died.  

          Immediately after her death, he married Mei Fang.  All these years, he had neglected his daughter, Luo Anhai and she was brought up by his wife.  He did not know what his wife had said to his daughter but Luo Anhai had never been closed to him.  Every time when he was home, he would quarrel with his wife and therefore he seldom went home. 

          As time passed by, both father and daughter grew further apart due to previous generation disputes.  Luo Anhai completely did not know nor understand the matter and Luo Cheng He did not tell her anything about the past. 

          His character had always been stubborn, authoritarian and he wanted face.  He felt that he need not explain anything to his daughter.  He also felt that letting his daughter know of the past was pointless and was not bothered with her.  To him, conflicts between father and daughter were common.  Even if he wanted to change the situation, he did not know how to go about it. 

          In contrast to Luo Anhai, his stepson, Han Ding Rui was always obedient and understanding.  He was steady like his mother.  Luo Cheng He treated him like his biological son and had even thought that if his daughter was half as sensible as Han Ding Rui, he was satisfied.

          But Luo Cheng He did not expect that his always obedient and sensible stepson would do such a thing! 

When he saw them together………Luo Cheng He fainted and when he woke up, he was already in the hospital. 

          "Uncle Luo, you are awake.  How are you feeling?"  Han Ding Rui immediately got up when he saw Luo Cheng He had woke up and came to stand beside the bed. 

          When Luo Cheng He recalled the scene just before he fainted, his breathing became rapid and Han Ding Rui patted his back to appease him.  

          "Uncle Luo, don’t get excited or your blood pressure will rise again.  It's bad for your body."   He knew the matter between Luo Anhai and him was a big blow to Uncle Luo as the old man was conservative and stubborn.  He would not easily accept this matter.

          When he recalled the scene that the old man had witnessed and he also felt a bit embarrassed. 

          At that time, Luo Cheng He and Mei Fang were standing near the elevator door and upon seeing the old folks, he and Luo Anhai were shocked. 

          Luo Anhai had hurriedly jumped away from him to pick up the bedsheet from the floor and was about to say something when Luo Cheng He fainted.  Everyone was shocked and they quickly sent Luo Cheng He to the hospital. 

          "Tell me!  When did this start?"  Luo Cheng He was panting when he asked the question.  Han Ding Rui thought for a while and decided it was starting from the time he and Luo Anhai confirmed their relationship. 

          "Actual time would be yesterday."  

          "Yesterday?!"  Luo Cheng He was stunned and said.  "Then it is not too long.  I want the two of you to break off."

          "No……   Sorry Uncle Luo, I can’t do it."   Han Ding Rui firmly refused.  He looked directly into Luo Cheng He’s eyes and said seriously.  "Uncle Luo, I will not break up with Luo Anhai.  I want to be with her."

          "Bullshit!"  Luo Cheng He roared.  "The two of you are brother and sister! ! !"

          "We are not."   He had never thought of Luo Anhai as his sister.  "I and Luo Anhai are not blood-related."

          "But you are brother and sister in name!  Do you consider this as a joke?  Everything that happened at last night’s banquet was reported and now everyone is suspicious of your relationship!"

          Luo Cheng He had read the gossip in the magazine and that was the reason why he and Mei Fang appeared in Luo Anhai's penthouse.

          In the magazine, the photos published showed Luo Anhai and Han Ding Rui embracing intimately and they looked more like a loving couple rather than a pair of sister and brother.

          On the same page, the report was written vividly.  Luo Anhai's previous love affairs were listed and discussed, stating that all those men involved were shields to cover the love between her and her brother. 

          Luo Cheng He had lost face and even if the two were not blood-related, they were still siblings in name and he would not allow them to make the Luo Family lose face!

          Han Ding Rui had already guessed that the gossip magazine would cover the event of the banquet last night and he had long prepared himself to face Luo Cheng He.  No matter what Luo Cheng He says, he would not give up Luo Anhai. 

          "Uncle Luo, I don’t think that I and Luo Anhai's love is a joke.  Our love for each other is a fact and I'm not bothered about what others say."  

          "You!"  Luo Cheng He was shaking.  "Xiao Rui, now even you are like Anhai.  You even dare to disobey me?" 

          "Uncle Luo, I…….."

          "It seems your face is more important than me……."   Luo Anhai was listening for a long time outside the door and finally could not help but open the door.  Mei Fang who had a worried expression was standing beside Luo Anhai.  She and Luo Anhai just came back after listening to the doctor's report and did not expect to come back in time to hear the conversation between both men. 

          Luo Anhai's face gradually began to sink.  Mei Fang was afraid that father and daughter would quarrel again. 

          "Anhai!"  Han Ding Rui looked at her and gently shook his head indicating that she should not be impulsive.  Seeing his eyes telling her to be calm, she tried hard to suppress her anger.

          When her father fainted, her whole heart jumped and was afraid for her father.  After hearing from the doctor that it was just due to her father's high blood pressure and a good rest would stabilize his condition then only did she relax. 

          But when she overheard the conversation between Han Ding Rui and her father, she felt very unhappy.  To avoid getting Lou Cheng He excited again, she could only stiffen her face and coldly said. 

          "The doctor said you have high blood pressure.  You are advised to pay attention to your diet and try not to get excited."   But the words that she said when she came in through the door and current her attitude angered Luo Cheng He. 

          "My high blood pressure shot up due to you!  What actually do you want to do?  You have caused trouble at the PUB, broke up with Baker and now you are getting involved with Xiao Rui!  Do you want to anger me to death?"

          "Look at you!   Your lungs are so strong, so rest assured you can live a long life!"   Luo Anhai could not help but retort. 

          "Useless brat!  What did you say?!  You……"  Luo Cheng He was having difficulty breathing and he puffed.  Mei Fang looking scared quickly rushed over to pat her husband's back. 

          "Cheng He, calm down!  Don’t get angry!"  

          Luo Anhai pursed her lips and did not anything.

          Han Ding Rui did not see the regret in her eyes and held her hands gently kneading her palms.  Then he looked at Luo Cheng He and said.  "Uncle Luo, don’t be angry.  Anhai didn’t do that intentionally."

          "She did it deliberately!  She wants to anger me to death!"  Luo Cheng He gasped and cursed at the same time.

          "Uncle Luo….."  Han Ding Rui wanted to speak but Luo Anhai held him back.  She tilted her chin and stubbornly looked at Luo Cheng He.

          "In your heart, do you think that everything I do is wrong?  No matter what I do, everything is not to your liking……no matter what I do, you will still scold me…….  Dad, do you hate me so much?"

          Luo Cheng He was speechless.  This was the first time Luo Anhai had said these words to him.  Looking at his daughter's stubborn face, he heard the sadness in her voice.

          Suddenly he was silent.

          She is his only daughter, how could he hate her?  In fact, in front of other people, he felt proud of his daughter but towards his daughter, he had always been harsh.

          Just now he had said those words because he felt angry.  Of course, his daughter's happiness is more important than his face!

          But even if these two young people are not blood-related, after all, they are still sister and brother but now they are in love.  What if they fall out of love?  How will these two people get along in the future?

          Moreover, Anhai has always been at loggerheads with Xiao Rui, why does she like him now?  Although he did not want to think about this matter, he could not stop the thoughts running through his mind.

          Mei Fang understood her husband.  She patted his hands and looked at Luo Anhai.  "Anhai, I only want to ask you one question.  Are you taking revenge on me by staying together with Xiao Rui?”

          Seeing the two children together, Mei Fang was not surprised.  She finally understood why her son had always refused to recognize Anhai as his 'sister'.

          She also understood her son.  Han Ding Rui is a devoted man.  Once he loves a person, it will be for a lifetime.   What about Anhai?  Mei Fang was unsure, she was doubtful, she was worried that Anhai chose to be with Xiao Rui to take revenge on her. 

          Luo Anhai was stunned and looking at her father's eyes, she immediately understood. 

          "I will never use feelings or love as retaliation."   She understood how much love could hurt and would never use feelings to hurt others. 

          Han Ding Rui smiled and stroked her palms.  Luo Anhai gave him a cold stare, tried to throw off his hands but he ignored her struggle and held on more tightly.  Han Din Rui looked at his mother and said with a smile.  "Mom, now will you feel at ease?"

          Mei Fang looked at the two of them.  She could see Luo Anhai struggling to withdraw her hands but was unable to get away from Han Ding Rui’s tight grip.  Luo Anhai glared angrily at him and then stopped her struggles allowing him to hold her. 

          It was a simple action……but it could be seen she was compromising. 

          Mei Fang was surprised and had always thought the girl would never give way and did not expect this……..   She finally calmed down, smiled at her son and her eyes were filled with love. 

          "Do as you wish.  You are old enough to be responsible for your own actions."   Not expecting Mei Fang to agree, Luo Cheng He looked at her in surprise. 

          "Fang Fang, you agree to this?" 

          "Children and grandchildren will have their own blessings."   Mei Fang patted her husband's hands.  Luo Cheng He stared at the two adamant young people and finally waved his hand. 

          "Do as you wish.  Anyway, I am old and unable to control you but Xiao Rui, you have to move out so that I will not get angry every time I see you."   Luo Cheng He decided that what he does not see will not make him angry or else he will be angered to death! 

          Luo Cheng He only reluctantly agreed with their relationship and he also said that they were not to appear in front of him before his anger had died down.

          And also they were to settle the magazine issue as he did not want to see anymore gossip or he will not be so lenient towards them!

          Luo Anhai just thought that the old man had fretted for nothing.  Whatever the paparazzi wanted to write, she was unable to control.  If he was angered by those gossip reports, he had the option not to read them. 

          "Uncle Luo cares about you but he doesn’t know how to express his concern for you."   Luo Anhai snorted.  Her relationship with the old man was not good but it was not bad either. 

 

          After the hospital incident, Luo Cheng He no longer scolded her but as people get older, they like to reminisce a little and Mei Fang had once come to look for her. 

          Mei Fang talked about the past and hoped she would not hate her father because the real person in the wrong was herself, Mei Fang.  The selfish person was Mei Fang who did not want her son to suffer and she was willing to be the third person in their family dispute.  Mei Fang apologized to her and said she was sorry. 

          Luo Anhai did not accept Mei Fang's apology and told her directly that she would not forgive Mei Fang but would not hate her either, as hating her would be tiring for Luo Anhai.  Luo Anhai knew the kind of tiredness she would feel and therefore did not want to hate any longer. 

          She cannot say her father is wrong and she cannot comment on her father's fault.  After all, Luo Cheng He is her father and she does not want to hate him and also does not want to repeat the mistakes of her previous life.

          Both father and daughter were trying to get along and although it was still not very good, Han Ding Rui thought it would be good to start with the magazine. 

         "How are you going to deal with the magazine issue?"  Han Ding Rui asked her.

          He and Luo Anhai were officially together for more than six months and every day the magazine would keep track their latest development.  Lately, it became more intensified and the magazine even fabricated the two people's love disputes. 

          For example, Han Ding Rui, the stepson had used all means to get the Queen's heart in order to get the Luo Family's wealth.  The proud Queen had finally succumbed to love and was willing to give up her succession of Luo Corporation. 

          After reading the magazine, Luo Anhai threw it directly into the trash bin.  

          These paparazzi are too delusional!

          She looked at her hand being held in the man's hand.  Both of them were on a date wearing the same style of clothes and Luo Anhai thought it was really stupid.  But Ai Er said that a couple on a date should wear the ‘couple-look'.  She scoffed at the idea but Han Ding Rui agreed which made Luo Anhai's resistance invalid and thus she had to put on the clothes.

          "Are you not interested in the position of the President of Luo Corporation?"  Luo Anhai looked at him and smiled.  "The reason you are together with me is really not aiming for the Luo Family's wealth?" 

          Han Ding Rui looked enquiringly at her.  "What do you say?" 

          "I say………"  She suddenly stopped.  She rudely pulled his collar, her eyebrows slightly squinted and said.  "You don’t have the guts!"   

          Han Ding Rui pulled her into his arms and with his head bowed, he said.  "Do you know the reason why I am together with you?" 

          "What is the reason?" 

          "Because……"   He whispered in her ear.  "I love you."  

          Luo Anhai said coldly with disdain.  "That’s all?  No other words?" 

          "Well…….."   With both his arms around her, Han Ding Rui hugged her tightly and said.  "My dear, how do you intend to solve the problem of the paparazzi?"  Luo Anhai took a sneak peek at the paparazzi hiding in the corner and then grabbed Han Ding Rui's face. 

          "This is the solution……."   She directly planted a kiss on his lips.

           As expected, this scene was photographed and became the magazine's cover.

          Han Ding Rui's fingers lightly swept across the magazine cover and as his eyes rested gently on the woman facing him, his lips curved into a smile.

          He thought of what Luo Anhai said to him after releasing him.  "Do you know the reason why I allowed you to be with me?"  She lifted her chin proudly and arrogantly and she laughed. 

          "Because I love you!"  

          As for the magazine, whatever gossips were written…..who cares?   

          As long as he has her love and that is good enough.

 

                    *#*#*#*#*#*** END ***#*#*#*#*#*

 

           

12