Chapter 1: Listen to My Story
331 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of waves echoes through the horizon.

While I'm lying down on the sand, this beach reminds me how that day was probably the last calm day, where I didn't have to worry about the tomorrow in years.

Will you hear my story? Well, I don't know if is a good one, but... If you have time please listen.


 

Present Time

 

Friday, the last day of high school of my life. It's finally over!... That kind of thing. It's lunchtime, and everyone is on high spirits talking about the hottest topic: the Endless Party.

What's is it, you ask me? Well, it's probably as you guess; The class will celebrate this last day. The name came up with the idea of "It's the end for school, but don't end for us".

I know it's awkward but... You see, we're teenagers, right? let us be.

In this country 18 is the age a which everything is allowed, so everyone wants to take a new set of stairs. For those lucky enough to be invited, this party will be one of the steps.

I heard some people will confess, ones going to engage, while others just want to get laid. Some people will use the party to celebrate their birthday since everyone will turn or already turned 18. There are a few like me who just wanna have a good drink or have some funny memories. Everyone has a reason or another.

I'm not popular, but I have a few friends and acquaintances, so I got my invitation from one of them.

Oh! Speaking of them, here they come.

—"So are you going, Vince?"

Says Dean Langer, my childhood friend.

He has a top knot hairstyle brown color, the same color as his eyes. His face is above average, together with his well-toned and tanned body he earns a few points as a sportsman.

Our friendship started when I went to play soccer in the neighborhood field. 

I was walking on the streets that day, and Uncle said: —"Why don't you try?"

Dean, who was passing by, heard what uncle Harold said and got interested, so he started saying something like "—you can do it! It's easy to learn!" to me and took me to that field to play with the other kids.

In the end, my team lost miserably that game. I was playing so badly, so badly, that the other kids suggested I look for a different hobby. But the game was kinda fun, even though I was pretty sure that play this kind of sport wasn't for me. Dean told me not to give up, that I should just train.

He started to come to my home every day for training even if I usually had an excuse or trained half-heartedly. So from that day on, we ended up being friends. His house is near mine, so we've talked on the way home often since then, even if we do different things.

Ah... It was a fun time.

—"You REALLY need to go, Vincent! Don't waste my effort!" Says the girl next to Dean.

This red-haired girl has a body gifted with perfect curves. This girl who has blue eyes and thin lashes is Lisa Woods, my other childhood friend. She's a ladylike girl, and one of the people involved in organizing the party. My uncle works for the company that her family manages, or so I heard.

Even though she lives in the rich part of the city, she joined our school. It's kinda weird.

—"If you don't go, it'll be really sad. For my plans too."

The girl with glasses complements. She has a gentle face and short black hair. Her body is slender, she has brown eyes and her skin is pale as snow. Alice Wright is her name. I met her during our high school time.

She's one of the members of Dean's fan-club. Well, the club doesn't really exist, but you know, right? She's head over heels for him. As long as I don't badmouth Dean, she's a good friend.

Sometimes I think she just wants me to pass him a ball about her, but don't get me wrong. When I needed her help with things like study or talk, she offered a shoulder.

And that's my clique.

—"How can I refuse if you're so assertive to me? I'll feel guilty if I do that." I answer while we laugh a little.

—"Good. I'll have a car pick us up to go to the place. Don't be late." Lisa tells.

—"As expected of the Woods lady! So we're going to the party in style!" Dean reply.

With a face a little red, Lisa continues.

—"Fufu, a few boys gonna do this, so I'm gonna show off to my friends a little too."

—"What an honor!" Continues Dean. -"By the way Alice, I'm going to talk to the soccer team for a while. Can you join me? Guys, excuse us."

—"Oh, sure Dean!" Alice answered swiftly.

So they left us, not before Dean said something on Lisa's ear in an almost inaudible sound.

—"(Go for it, girl!)"

Now while we're here, I'll take the chance to ask something that has been piquing my curiosity for a while.

—"So... what's going to happen at the party?"

—"Wait, don't you know? Why didn't you ask me before? Well... We're going to the beach, make sure to have the right attire. We rented rooms so bring clothes for 2 days. Documents, toothbrush, phone charger, those kind of things too.

I and the others have paid for everything, so you hardly need money. You can rely on me, but you have some money from your part-time grocery job, right?"

I'm cautious, so I saved money for 2 years. Uncle Harold manages the expenses for me and my sister, so he told me to save for when it's needed. Since I also have my allowance, I never used it.

—"Yup. I can't allow myself to be a sponger. Anything else?"

—"No, all that left is enjoy!" She says smiling. —"Surely some people are yearning for this. You heard the rumors, right?"

—"Yeah, love and that kind of thing. Now that you said, as one of the school beauties, surely you'll have a lot of boys waiting for a chance, won't you?"

She looks at me and says stuttering.

—"Well, that's why some of the boys sponsored the party. But they know my family doesn't relationships so easily so they can only dream about it. A-al-although I wish a c-certain guy could say some b-be-beautiful and bold words and make me consider the idea."

That's surprising. Till now I haven't heard of any boy trying to make a move on her, just some of them with passionate eyes looking at her from afar. Since no one tried, a nickname was given to her.

—"Oh, this lucky guy who got attention from our famous Glacial Princess, does he exist?" I ask her with a smug face.

—"Perhaps."

She answers averting her eyes while at the same time the ring bells.


 

Finally home. before taking the elevator, I check our mail, as usual. "Morris". That's what is written on the box, our family name. Vincent, my sister Jennifer and uncle Harold. That's our family setup. My birth father left at the same time that mother died of an illness when I had 5 years and Jenny 3. Uncle is my mother's younger brother, he took our custody and welcomed us to his home when she died.

—"I'm home!"

I say taking out my shoes and socks.

—"Oh, V! how was the class? It was the last day, right?"

The one who says is a man with a face who seems to had shaved recently, almost bald, with brown eyes and a plump body. That's my uncle.

—"Ah yes, nothing special, just math and history class. Changing the subject a bit, remember the party I talked about the other day? I'm going, is that okay?"

—"I already know, Lady Woods told me. Well, I won't get a day off any of these days, so I think it's a good idea that you can have some fun with your friends. I'll see if Jenny wants to invite some friends to sleep here, she can have fun with the girls. Oh, look at the time, I'll pick her up at school."

1