Chapter 0: The Sin of the Past
328 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Seven Rings. A secret society that controls the world in the shadows... But how did it begin?

On the forgotten shelves within the archives belonging to the Seven Rings, there is a legend that exists only in a few old books.

Centuries ago, before the foundation of this organization, a person could use money, violence, influence... As methods to impose his will onto other people.

These types of power scattered around the world between groups, governments, and individuals was what ruled people's existence. Many types of power, many parts to control...

That's what the Rings does nowadays, a society that gathers and regulates power around the world; an absolute agreement between these powers.

Before this, agreements were easily broken. Who could make you honor your deal? There's always a way to corrupt things.

That's where our story begins.


 

A long time ago... A boy whose name was lost, who lived in an unknown town in a country whose name was forgotten, had born.

The boy had a father and mother that poured love on him with their utmost effort. His parents raised him by teaching the rights and the goods of life.

He was raised without problems, becoming a healthy and strong child because their parents could protect him. The food, the money, and all those daily necessities, even if not in abundance were managed by them.

But he felt a difference after he met a certain girl. He met her on the beach, on a hot summer day.

The boy was strolling on the sand, feeling the fresh air of the summer and the sand on his feet.

The girl was enjoying the cold seawater on her skin, listening to the sound of the waves while enjoying a bit of solitude on the beach.

Each was creating a world of their own; reveling in the beauty of nature, almost everything external was ignored.

When the boy was on his way back home, he saw the girl by chance and looked into her face.

It was love at first sight. Seeing such a beautiful girl on that hot day, it was a matter of fact that he would fall in love.

Then he approached and talked with her.

On that summer day the boy was fascinated with that girl, hearing about her; what she liked, where lived, what experienced, the things that she hated and the many other things that she told him that day.

In a short amount of time he developed one wish in his heart, probably the first one he has ever had in his life so far:

—I want to be by her side.

He asked her if they could see each other another day.

She nodded to him, and they scheduled another meeting.

And another, and another, and one more time, and again... Repeating the cycle until the boy realized he loved her.

Eventually, he asked his father about the love subject, recounting his feelings; his father, a little surprised by the request explained everything he could to him.

The boy listened closely to his father, trying to understand what was happening in his heart and on the very next day, he professed his love to the girl as a result.

The girl, surprised by the boy's attitude was touched by his words and answered positively to his confession; she also wanted to be with him, and the girl told him the only problem that she had: her father had a debt.

Showing his resolve, he asked her father about the debt and they reached an agreement: If the boy paid the debt, he could marry the girl.

So he went to talk with the person whom her father owed and asked about the debt. It was a considerable amount of money for the boy, but for the creditor was something ordinary.

They stipulated a time and an amount for the payment and the boy started owning the debt.

His father taught him how to save money, so after he got a job he began to amass every single value he could.

The two families also united on the gathering.

After a certain time has passed, he reached the requested amount. He paid the creditor, ending the debt.

What the boy didn't know is that the creditor was not interested in the money. That man was targeting the girl to be his concubine, so the idea was to ask the girl for payment. That man never expected the boy gathering all the money on time.

The plan was ruined. So the creditor had another idea.

One day, when the boy that was now a man reached his home to meet the girl that now was his wife, he became shocked.

The house was burning. When he entered the house, everyone was killed. His father, his mother, his father-in-law, the mother-in-law, and surprisingly, the girl.

The house was destroyed and in the middle of the raging fire, the boy saw a baby hidden in the rubble. It was his baby with the girl.

The idea of that creditor was to take the girl by force but when he saw the baby, his anger and fury made him kill everyone. The girl tried to run away from the thugs while the couple's parents gained time for her, but only the baby was saved.

Something was taken from him; it was unforgivable. For this creditor, that girl was no longer pure as he desired, so now she was disposable.

And to the person who defied his will... A lesson should be taught.

When the boy saw that scene, the worst feelings accumulated in his heart.

—Why? He wondered. —The debt was paid. There was no motive.

The boy learned his first sin: Wrath.

His parents taught him the good and right things, but when the subject was dealing with bad and wrong things he had no clue. 

So for the first time he had to deal with those feelings, the boy gave in to his desires.

He looked at the kid in his hands.

A mad thought emerged on his mind: —That man almost killed my whole family. My parents protected me when I was youngI must protect my family... So I'll kill that man.

After burying his family in tears, the man went towards the creditor.

No questions. No piety. Nothing was allowed. No reasoning. No wife claiming for mercy. Not even that creditor's scared face. The man was so consumed that no one could stand on his way.

Taking some tools from his father's workshop, the man killed that creditor and everyone on the way.

He eventually ended his rampage. The blood bath he saw after didn't even shocked him. Only one thing remained on his mind in the end: his baby.

So another mad thought emerged: —My parents managed everything I needed in my life, now I must manage for mine. Nothing that I had was left since that man took everything from me. He took everything that was mine... So now all he had is mine.

Seeing the assets of that dead creditor, he learned his second sin: Envy.

After taking all he could, the man began to possess these assets; he now was a rich man. 

But other people had heard of him, and now he was targeted. The motives were various; revenge for the ones he killed; robbery; jealousy and so on. Those people went after him with the most diverse plans.

The man was not shocked.

Since he killed and took from someone, someone would do the same to him. It was natural. But he had a son, such a thing happen to him was not allowed. 

So another thought arose: —I don't wanna deal with them, they are problems. What did that man do to deal with this kind of problems? He hired someone. I don't have to deal with them, I can do the same. 

Following the same path as the creditor, refusing to think in another way, he reached his third sin: Sloth.

Eventually, the man removed all that people from his way; He was now respected. No more enemies, just a comfortable life. Safety for his life and his kid; now his family could enjoy a happy life.

But some people approached him. It was a different kind of person this time; Rich people, hearing about his fame, asked for his support. He had the power; He could something for these people.

The man was not shocked. He was expecting it. Just like he went to talk with the creditor, someone would talk with him. But the man's money was running out. So he saw a chance.

The thought this time was: —They want my support to do what they want. I wanted something from that man, I paid. But even though I paid, that man took everything from me... So I'll take everything from them."

He learned his fourth sin: Greed.

So the man started to charge those people for his help and became even richer than before. He never had problems with money again. Living with his now older son, he could afford all the costs. His son was the same age as when the man met the girl.

The blissful life he had with his wife, even if short. He wanted it again but... She was dead.

The man recalled that creditor, who already had a wife. The girl he liked would be a concubine of that man. At that time, he hadn't understood why this man did such a thing.

The man was not shocked.

He tried to find someone like her, but no one had the same personality as his wife. Still, he couldn't stop his search. It was always some parts of her wife in one girl or another.

So another thought entered his mind: —If no one is the same as her... I'll find and take every part that resembles her until the place is filled. I can have all the girls I want, just like that man.

The fifth sin emerged: Lust.

The man gathered all kinds of women. Older woman, younger woman, beautiful woman, a woman who loved another man, woman who loved another woman, married woman... Until the place of the first wife was filled. Even a man could be a target if somehow reminded him of her.

As expected, no one could replace it. A personality of an individual is unique. But he still sought someone like her and tasted all kinds of love.

Eventually, his life went more that he expected. No one opposed him, no one could touch him anymore. 

The man was not shocked.

With the wealth he had, everything could be taken. Food, drink, assets, items, and women. Everything was available to him if he wanted.

The sixth sin came: Gluttony.

He hadn't thought something related to that man like the other times. He just wasted all the money he could in every possible way. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to care about. He just consumed the things of life.

But one day... His son called him. The man was lost in his mind with all the life he had. So when he got back to his senses, he saw his son's face.

That small boy... now was a man. His son was the same age as when he married the girl. And to his surprise, a girl was next to his son. That girl had a large belly, she was pregnant with his grandson. The happiness was unique and everyone in the family rejoiced.

After a long time passed and his grandson got older, he was talking to him telling some stories about his past. The things he has seen, tasted and experienced over the years.

The kid asked him how it all started. The man told nothing about his past, only that someone did a bad thing to him. 

So the man began to remember everything that happened in his life. That creditor had disappeared from his mind for a long time, but he remembered him now.

When he thought about it, he never told anyone about this man. He told his son about the mother, but only her.

So he decided to tell his son about that creditor.

His son heard the story but didn't link his mother to the story.

So he said to his father.

—"This guy you're talking about is similar to you."

It was a joke, but the man felt the time stop. Those words affected him in an almost indescribable way.

The man was shocked.

He was now the most powerful man in the world.

The man reflected for a long time. His personality overlapped with that man. It was true. He has done the same things as that man.

That man had power but used it to do all he wanted, trampling on everyone. He saw the cycle repeating itself. Someone would do the same thing of that man and himself.

What was the root of the problem?

The man thought: —It was the deal. If the deal had been respected, everything could be resolved. Nothing would've happened. We made a deal, but he used his power to trample on it. He could leave us alone, in peace, but he chose to broke our deal. Who could make you honor your agreement? I'm powerful. I am respected... I'll make them obey.

He learned the Seven and last sin: Pride.

The man told his son about everything that happened. And told his son to use everything he had to never let it happen again.

—Unite people with power and make them respect the deals. No abuse in deals. Everything must be agreed upon among the powerful people. They will obey. 

He parted the organization in groups that could monitor each other, and the number of groups created was 7.

A secret agreement between high society. Who can oversee corruption is the corruptor itself.

By the time that father and son finished assembling the people, someone was getting married.

It was his grandson.

So the man remembered how he had regained his real senses with that kid's question. He could see now how he was a sinful man.

The group's foundation became a wedding gift. The Seven Rings of Sin were created, and over time that name became just Seven Rings.

So he remembered one thing: —I'm like that man. But in one thing, we are not the same... Yet.

As a last act of sin, he took his own life.

Centuries later, this man became known in the books as the King of Sin.

1