Chapter 42: Endless Pit
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three finally arrive at the entrance of the cave when they sense numerous auras coming toward them which were strong, so the three hide from the corner and look at the group of people who are coming near to them.

The group has at least a dozen people wearing black and thick cloaks that cover their bodies except for their heads. Each of them was holding a sword while they have a bow and arrow on their back. 

They also exude a terrifying aura as the leader was at least an eight pillar ultimate god, while the weakest was at six pillar ultimate god.

"Master Black, why there are so many people coming to the Cave Garden Paradise?" Xialin asked.

"Maybe they have sensed something. I also don't know, but we better not follow them, or else, they will kill us." Black warned as he knows the nature of these two brats, so curious about everything.

"Ok. Because after all, a treasure is not the reason why we're here, it is because we need to confirm the map." the two agreed.

Then they sneakily escape from the cave and start to follow the guide on the map.

The three walk towards the southwest as indicated on the map when they stop as they reach an endless pit.

The pit was wide and seem like it was endless. There was no other end and the trees that cover the forest were not present in this area.

"So, this is really not the map of this forest. How disappointing." Black said dejectedly.

"It seems like it was." Zhowen agreed.

"Wait. Why don't we try to walk towards this pit?" Xialin said, not wanting to give up.

"Are you crazy? Can't you see this is an endless pit? What if we die?!" 

"I know, but isn't it deception often used to astray someone from the truth?"

"You have a point. But it was still risky."

"Then, let's just test it first." 

Xialin picks a stone from the ground and lets it fall towards the pit. The stone continues to fall until it can't be found and it was still continue to fall, showing how deep the pit is.

"See? It was really the end. We follow the direction correctly, so it was not really the map of this forest." Black said, encouraging his disciples to give up.

"But, I'm really sure of it. It was really a map of this forest. Because how can we find this endless pit easily just by following the guide when, you, who roam around this forest for almost a decades, just only find this now?" Xialin retorted which makes sense.

Black starts to ponder since it was really the case, how can the guide on the map really accurately tell the direction until this endless pit?

"But, what can we do about it? There is an endless pit, so maybe it was just a coincidence."

"Yeah, Xialin. Let's just give up for now."

"But, I..." 

Xialin, due to her annoyance, throw the remaining stone in her hand toward the endless pit and decided to give up.

When the three were about to leave, they were stunned to see that the stone that Xialin threw didn't fall but was floating.

To be exact, since the surface was black, and the stone was white, they thought it was floating in the air.

"Master Black! See? I'm right! This is just a deception!" Xialin proudly said as she wait for praises.

"How intelligent. It's really like what you said. Very good." Black praised as he knows Xialin due to their interaction these past days, and was excited to see that his disciple was correct.

"Xialin, we are quits now." Zhowen said, not wanting to be outdone.

"Hahaha, I told you. This map is really the map of this forest." Xialin said.

"But how can we cross there?"

"It's not a problem. Don't you remember my sword?" Black proudly said as he enlarge the sword on his back.

The black sword when used as a bridge, mixed in the color and become invisible.

"Master Black, we can't see your sword. Can't you just change its color?" Xialin asked.

"Okay."

Then Black picks up his sword as he starts to cover it with his divine energy and starts to change its color to white.

Then the three, since the sword was now visible, start to cross the pit and got to the other side.

"Hahaha, I hope we can escape this forest this time."

"Yeah, but before that, isn't it better if we check this terrain first before walking out of this forest?"

"Hahaha, you really like hunting treasure huh?"

"No, Master Black. We just want to have an adventure. Back in our world, the only thing we can do is to play around our house and nothing more. But now that we're free, we would like to adventure."

"Don't you miss your world? Your parents? Friends?"

"It's not that we don't miss them, but we trust them as to how they trust us."

"What a good answer. Hahahaha"

Then the three start to walk out. When they walk out of the endless pit, what greets their eyes were a vast desert.

The vast desert was endless as there were no living things except for the thorny and unique cactuses.

Although there are many cactuses, because of how vast the desert is, they seem like there are only a few cactuses, countable by fingers.

The three start to walk in the desert, but because there are no paths, this may lead in the wrong direction, so the three walk slower and more accurately and focus. 

Since the guide on the map indicated a straight line, they only walk in one direction, toward the northwest.

When they still are walking while immersed in talking about something, suddenly, the desert began to form a large hole, making their figures fall toward the bottom of the underground.

...

Inside the cave, the two figures were standing in front of the Golden Mysterious Flower, being bewitched by the aura it exudes as their mind soothed and their greed become transparent.

"Jam, this is really a great treasure!" the man exclaimed happily, who was caressing the golden petals and was addicted to the feeling he feels when his fingertip touch the petals.

The petals transfer a small amount of energy to the body of the man, which intoxicates the man as he closed his eyes and savours the feeling.

                  "Don't Give Up When You're Sure Of Something!"

0