Volt – 02
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 2 - Master 

“You demon! I’ll ki—”

The three-meter tall ork bandit didn’t get to finish his sentence before his head was separated from his body by a streak of blue light. 

Rain fell and thunder raged. The sound was like music to Volt's ears. He stood, surrounded by charred areas with severed limbs and heads still rolling around on the nearby ground, and stared at the rampaging lightning in the skies above.

“How long have I been here, Master?”

 “It’s been about a year since we started. Why do you ask?”

The busty raven-haired woman with red eyes appeared next to him, munching on yet another blue apple. His Master seemed to have an unlimited supply of things.

“How many more do I have to kill?”

“Oh? Finally getting tired of killing?”

The young Volt, dressed in a patchwork of beast fur, had a wild look in his eyes as he shook his head.

“No, I’m not tired of killing. I just want to sleep on something better than a pile of furs.”

“Hmmm… Then an examination is in order!” She hummed as she licked the remaining apple juice off her lips. Volt’s Master started checking over his body, not saying anything else as she stripped him of his patchwork fur clothes until he was down to his underwear. Volt didn’t freak out and allowed her to do so since she had already done this dozen of times before.

With his clothes removed Volt's three scars appeared before his Master's eyes. 

A cross-shaped scar over his heart had been gained when he fought against a bandit sword king with Low Tier Two strength. Volt had only had Mid Tier one strength during that battle, yet here he stood today whilst the other man had long since been buried beneath the bones of those who came after him. 

Three lines started at an area just below his left shoulder and led across his body, joining together at an area just above his right hip to form his second scar. A Shadow Stalker with Mid Tier Two strength had ambushed him and gave it to him as a greeting present. Volt had been a High Tier One at the time. 

Finally, a long jagged cut that dragged along his neck, his latest wound, was gained when he fought against a High Tier Two Dragonborn when he had just reached Peak Tier One.

The rest of his eleven-year-old body was pure lean muscle. His Dwarven heritage might have had something to do with it, but besides his genetic blessings, Volt's toned body was gained through utter diligence.

The young woman known as Volt’s Master traced her hands along his body, testing the nerves of her disciple, and mused inwardly.

More skillful than a bandit sword king, faster than a Shadow Stalker, and stronger than a Dragonborn. Add in all the things he’s killed in between, my disciple is standing upon a mountain of at least a thousand corpses. Compared to someone like me, a true monster like this is more deserving of being called a genius. He will indeed carry the school's name upon his back in the future. With this many kills under his belt and a body like this, I can rest assured and let him sit down to digest his fruit of cultivated slaughter. 

Still, she would never tell him such, as inflated egos can make even monsters lazy and ruin their futures, “Hmmm... you still have a long way to go… But you achieved a passing grade for now. Come disciple, I’ve prepared a feast before we leave.”

“Yes, Master.” Volt reclothing himself and followed behind his master with confidence. 

...

While feasting on a massive boar's body, the master and disciple talked between bites. Volt savagely attacked one of the boar's hind legs, something that was much larger than his own body, while his Master crushed meat and bone alike without care.

“Now that I’ve completed the training here, what comes next?” 

“For now you need to relax and reflect on what you’ve learned. You’ve already picked out the core routes of your style, so now all you have to do is relax and use what you’ve learned here to build upon it. I wouldn’t be surprised if you break through to Tier 3 before you reach the age of fourteen.”

Volt’s eyes opened wide at his Master's statement. He had to stifle his tears out of fear of being beaten and instead settled on a small smile to show his joy.

This is the first time Master has ever praised me so openly. Today has really been a blessed day.

Seeing his smile, Volt’s Master frowned and threw an apple at his head. Though it had looked like a simple throw, once the fruit met its mark the apple exploded into countless pieces and managed to knock Volt over.

“Hey, you little fuck! Don’t let that meager amount of praise get to your head, you little shit! You still have a long way to go if you wanna catch up to me. Heh, this great Master here will break through to Tier Four in less than a year. I’ll be the youngest Half Demon to reach such strength in history! A Tier Four before the age of eighteen! Yah, I like the sound of that. I’ll make all those bitches tremble at the sound of my name. Heh, I can’t wait to shove this in tha—”

Her rant was cut short as the dry statically charged air around them abruptly chilled. The dark lightning-filled clouds above them seemed to conjugate, shrouding them in a cold wind as small flakes of snow fluttered down from above.

“YOU HAVE KILLED THE SON OF AKULL AND FOR THAT I SHALL HAVE YOUR HEADS!”

A powerful roar filled the air, brimming with such unbridled fury that Volt’s body instinctively shivered in fear. His Master, however, merely narrowed her eyes.

“So that runt was actually a direct descendant of a dragon? Just our luck. Volt, run away. I'll handle this. But if I can’t… Well... do me a favor and avenge me some time.”

Her grim voice had yet to fade away when creatures of various sizes descended upon their resting place.

Hundreds of monstrous wyrms surrounded the pair of Master and disciple. When the largest wyrm appeared, they couldn’t help but notice the lone scaled humanoid figure standing upon it.

Volt trembled under the pure killing intent radiating off each and every one of the wyrms around them and paled in utter horror. Anyone of these wyrms could flatten him without so much as a blink. But even that pressure paled in comparison to the bloodlust radiating off of the scaled humanoid figure. Volt was covered in cold sweat That only increased when the figure stared deeply at him with its savage blue eyes. 

As Volt’s legs trembled in fear, threatening to give out at any moment, he felt his Master's hand grab his fur coat. His Master, his lovely, one of a kind beautiful Master, looked him in the eyes and slowly moved her pale pink lips.

“Remember this well, Volt. Being weak isn’t wrong. Staying weak is. If I die here and you don't kill that retarded fuck standing over there, I'll haunt you until the day you die. Farewell.”

“Wha—” Volt's voice was cut off when crackling lightning surrounded him within a protective cocoon.

“Fuck, and I so wanted to watch you grow.”

The last thing he saw was a sad smile on his Master’s face.

“Now go, become the monster I know you can become!”

Ad her voice faded away the lightning cocoon shot into the sky, disappearing in a streak of light.

With Volt out of the way, the young woman and humanoid dragon stared down at each other. 

“You know that after I kill you, I’ll be killing him right?” 

“Haha…” Volt’s Master started laughing, “Listen here you lizard fuck, I’ll show you why the world titled me Blood Thunder Jelka.”

Akull, filled with hatred, ordered his army to descend onto Jelka.

“Remember, I want her alive. Only by torturing her soul for a thousand years will my bloodlust be quenched!”

“Fucker, I’ll be claiming your head!”

Red lightning began to appear along her body, rapidly transforming into one hundred and eight floating swords.

“Fuck power levels.”

Lightning spread out around the battlefield, creating a massive formation.

“Fuck your army.” 

Finally, black bat wings sprouted from Jelka’s back and her fangs grew longer as scarlet heavy armor appeared over her body.

“A pitiful display of power. I'm Tier Four while you're a measly Tier Three. What do you expect to accomplish with your puny strength? You can’t even beat my army.”  

Despite her power-up, the dragon merely snorted and waited to see her crushed.

Jelka pointed her claymore at his throat with a sneer.

“And most importantly, fuck you.”

“Hey, are you dead?”

Feeling water wash over his lower body, Volt weakly opened his eyes to see a girl in a fancy dress with a tiara on her head. 

The girl smiled brightly when she saw him open his eyes, “Oh thank goodness! I didn’t know what to do if you were a corpse.”

“M-master…”

Volt cried weakly, losing his grip on his fragile consciousness.

“Princess where are you?! There you are! Wait, who is that? ” 

The voices faded away as Volt blacked out once more.

Edited by:KuroYousei

2