Day 9
343 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1 - Magic and Science

A haze of static and clouds filling the edges of his vision.

A girl in flaming attire stood heroically in front of him standing against an impending meteor.

The girl turned her face slightly but static covered her face.

Rember &*#$ no matter how this ends… I’ll always… Love... 

Opening his eyes Urist stared at the cave ceiling lost in thought. 

Another dream. Another day. Another morning.

To avoid the pain, he let the dream go allowing it to scattered away by static and clouds. He lay there for a moment longer, before getting up and doing his morning stretches. After his light stretch, he headed to the back of the cave. 

I wonder who’ll the new arrivals be this time?

Under the illuminated room, Urist got a good look at the two absent-minded dwarfs sporting some interesting clothes.

One a female wearing a blue robe that wielded a staff stick and the other a frail-looking male that wore a white lab coat. 

Studying them in more detail Urist saw that she had a cute face. Which complimented her pretty blue eyes and her blue long hair that had been tied into the shape of a braided beard. It looked quite strange but with her features, she somehow pulled it off. 

The male had salt and pepper that contrasted his youthful appearance. Under his glasses, he had beady little black eyes.

From what he had gathered at a glance one was a mage and the other a scientist of some sort. An odd combination to appear at the same time, although he couldn't complain.

Stepping into the room the two took notice at the sound and seemed to come to life. 

This made Urist wonder if the two didn’t come to life until he made move inside the room.

I should experiment on this later. For now, I should introduce myself and asked them for their names.

“Hello and welcome. My name is Urist and I’m sort of the leader of the place. Could I know what your guy's names are? And what you did before coming here?”

The cute mage pondered in deep thought over Urist question. "Where is this place? I remember I was… I was? I can’t remember. I can’t even remember my name.”

Hearing the mages response the scientist nodded in agreement. “Indeed I can’t think of what I was just doing. How did I get here.”

“Well, I don’t know really why you’ll here besides the crystal summoning you. My group came eight days before you but we don’t really know much of why we are here. Currently what I know is...”

Urist then explains all that he knew to the two dwarfs that listened attentively. When he finished the two more or less calmed down and began by answering his first questions. 

“My name is Qrtia, and I’m a water mage! Although I’m just an appearance, I have confidence in my magic!"

"I’m Baikm, a Metallurgist. Although I lack much experience in the field I know the basics. I’ll be in your care Boss."

Despite his shifty appearance, Baikm seemed quite amiable to Urist. He quickly got to know them, finding out what they could do and whatever they could remember before coming here. 

It turned out that Qrtia knew only three water spells being, water shot, drain, and water shield. Other than some scattered memories she didn’t really remember much other then her magic. 

While Baikm knew how to mix copper and tin to make brass, he knew nothing of Iron but was willing to learn. Other then remembering working with his master at a young age. He felt like he was missing years of knowledge that felt so close but so far away. 

When the confusion had been cleared up, Urist had asked if could Qrtia work on draining bricks and got a yes. For Baikm he'd help out Yri in the farms whenever they weren't gathering ore. Although he frowned at the thought at being a farmer when Urist showed him the basic map on the ore deposits he calmed down.

Finished integrating the new dwarfs Urist decided to do a deep study of the map he just showed Baikm. Despite it being a basic map it showed a great deal of the terrain of the surrounding area.

He gathered that there was indeed a sea south of them that was a day's walk to reach. If they had a direct pathway to the sea it would take much less time.

To the west, there was the large river he already knew about. What he didn’t know was that an hour away, the forest opened up into a large plain. Moving his gaze north, he saw that to the mountain range gave way to an expansive forest.  Looking to the east as he predicted, the chain of mountains stretched off the map. 

What made him raise an eyebrow was that he didn’t notice the map having color-coded areas. On the bottom of the map, there was a color-coded that had the name of materials and although he learned where the materials were, he didn’t know the amount they had.

He also read that one of the mountains nearby held a deposit of Oxygen Light Crystals. From their name he could gather that these crystals could expel both oxygen and light.

Such a resource lit a fire in Urist thinking. Perhaps they could make the mountain a natural fortress without needing air vents? 

I guess we’ll make a trip later to see what we can find. It’s a shame that I couldn’t find any of these crystals on the market.

He changed his plans slightly to include an expedition for the crystals for a later date. For now, he decided to keep studying the map and imprint the knowledge into his mind. As he studied the map more, he learned that there weren't only mineral deposits listed. It listed the types of plants and animals in the area, although in vague detail. Still, with this information, Urist wondered what a tier 2 Land map could offer.

After thoroughly reading the map, Urist exited the cave and started gathering the items needed for his planned expedition. 

For such an expedition we’ll need buckets and a few shovels and picks. Our best bet will be head to the area we went to previously and gather the copper and tin material. I guess we can use bamboo poles to string up the buckets to carry more. And the final items we’ll need will be some bronze machetes to clearing the path.

Wanting to set out as fast as possible Urist gathered the team together. Of the fourteen dwarfs, five would be heading out as the gathering team. After talking it over the members were decided to be Urist, Rat, Uroa, Elrish, and Baikm. 

Urist planned on only having four team members, but with Baikm having the Metallurgist job it would be a waste not to bring him.

After everyone packed their gear it was decided that Urist and Rat would be clearing the way. With Elrish and Baikm taking up the flank in case of an ambush coming from behind. Uroa’s job was to be the eyes to watch out for poison plants, food items, and if needed a medical personal.

I guess the amount of time we’ll need to clear our way to the deposit will be around three hours. If we don’t mess around, we’ll be at the sight by 1 P.M. at the earliest and 2 P.M at the lastest. Before we head out I should check on a few things such as if the froth flotation device has been set up correctly.

He had to spend a fair chunk of points on it and thankfully Urmom followed his directions to the letter and there were no problems.  He went over to Qrtia and silently checked up on her progress to see her draining the bricks.

Looking at how dry they were, they would be able to fire the bricks straight away. Currently, she was resting as she reached her limit of draining 20 bricks. Urist seeing this was quite curious about mana and asked her how she regained it.

"I just need to rest a bit and I'll be able to drain more bricks boss. Don't worry when you come back I'll have a pile of bricks ready!"

Her cheery attitude made Urist smile. He left after that and got everyone ready to leave. With a smile, Urist took lead raising his fist to the sky, "Let's go and gather some metal."

The dwarfs behind him mimicked him in response and gave him an excited response, ““““Ohhhhhhhh!””””

 

Part 2 - Metal Expedition


Having set up their configuration the team of five-set forth. Thanks to picking up the skill forestwalk, Uora had no trouble moving along the harsh forest path. Baikm, on the other hand, had some trouble carrying objects. So with embarrassment, he had to give some of the things he carried over to Uroa.

The added weight didn't affect the dwarf girl much so they kept moving. But Urist made a note that it would be good to get a beast of burden on their next trip. With it, they could carry more things and free up the dwarf's hands for other things.

With such thoughts, Urist and Rat cleared the brush with ease using their strength skill and machetes they were making good time. They only stopped for a few things such as taking breaks when Uroa found some medical or poison plants to collect or when she spotted a large area of poison brush. Those they decided was best to detour around to avoid being poisoned.

Usually, that happened every thirty minutes allowing the group to take a five-minute break for Baikm’s to regain his stamina and allow Urist and Rat to eat. Regretfully, Urist had found out that he couldn't order food while out of the camp since he hadn’t claimed the area.

How do I claim the area anyhow? Whatever I brought enough food for a round trip so it doesn’t matter.

He was quite thankful for Uria’s advice to carry all their rations or he’d have to embarrassingly return to get more. Thankfully the eating reduced the weight allowing the group to move faster as they progressed. Despite the small breaks in between they managed to reach the site at the estimated time.

It seems I remembered my minerals correctly last time I came here. Now we just got to see how much copper, tin and iron is here. 

“Baikm we’re here you're up. Use your mineral skill to see how much metal is in the area.”

Wiping his sweaty brow with the sleeve Baikm replied. “Sigh. I thought my legs would fall off before we made it boss. May I have five minutes before searching.”

“That’s fine Everyone. Take a load off and get some rest.”

Five minutes quickly passed and Baikm had regained his energy and could finally put his skills into action. Using his mineral identification skill he told Urist which areas they should pick from. They decided to go to the closest copper area before heading over to the area where he felt tin was in abundance. Gathering bucket full of copper they headed over to the tin area and got much less as to form bronze the ratio only needed to be 87.5% copper and 12.5% tin.

As Urist scooped in the sand, a fond memory surfaced out of the static.

Now, nephew although we live in an age of iron and steel that dominate the era. It’s always good to look back on the roots that came before it. The art of forging is a deep and profound art that has traveled together with humanity.

At this memory, Urist warmly smiled. I never thought such information would be useful to me now. Thank you, uncle, for showing me the art of forging even if I had useless hands.

After they finished gathering the sand of the two metals. They went to a deep red spot where Baikm had found by luck. Seeing the rusty ground before them Urist laughed.

“The map didn’t say it, but who would have known there was an iron deposit here? Let’s gather some and then head back home guys.”

Urist didn't pick up much iron sand just enough to fill up a bucket before calling it. There were a few reasons why he didn’t gather more iron. First, he and Brikm were more or less experts on the subject of bronze.

Second, it took much less heat to bring the two up to temperature. And finally, working with bronze was just plain easier than working with the pain in the ass Iron. At most the iron gathered would be made into a batch of small tools and arrowheads.

With harvest in hand, Urist and Rat carried most of the material back home. They got home much faster thanks to the path they made and thanks to no animals attacking them it only took a round trip of five hours to get back home.

Dropping off the exhausted dwarfs and material at base Urist dragged his tired body with a few other to check on the traps. He knew it wouldn’t take that long to check them so he wasn’t that worried of passing out from exhaustion.

By some pretty good luck, they got a few live hares and some dead squirrels. Along with a live boar trying to get its foot unstuck from a rope trap. Elrish went up and cut its neck open to quickly end it’s suffering.

Thank you Boar you will be good eating for us for the days to come.

Giving a silent thank you Urist turned to Elrish. “Can you carry this back? I’ll take care of the hares.”

“I’ll be my pleasure boss.”

As they went through the game trail traps Urist thought to himself.  I wonder if we’ll catch anything else? Thanks to the crystals storage function we can keep food indefinitely without it going bad. I’ll be good if we could stock up on more meat although I can be too greedy after all we already caught a boar.

And luck was on Urist side as he became surprised to see a goat caught in one of the traps. Elrish was already setting the boar down on the ground and making his way to kill it.

Urist quickly stopped him from killing the goat. If it was a male goat it would be alright since they didn't give off goat milk. But if it was a female goat the could get fresh milk and even make goat cheese it would be a waste to kill them.

With delightful surprise, he noticed that the goat wasn’t alone. The goat had kids around it playing and frocking around there mother with curiosity. Urist also looked at the goat's horns to confirm that it was indeed a female.

Giving a silent thank you to his mother for teaching him about goats on there travels Urist tried to dig up more detail.

Judging by their size the kids should be around the age of 5 to 6 weeks old. Meaning that in a few weeks they could be taken off their mothers milk.

Thinking about having dairy in the dwarf's diet made him quite happy. Since they were quite close to home it wouldn't be that much of a hassle to come back for the goats.

Making up his mind Urist told everyone they would head back home first and then come back for the goats. No one voiced complaints and they made their way to home in haste unloading their items in the cave.

Urist asked for a few extra hands in capturing the goats before heading out. While they headed back to the goats Urist wondered where the other larger goats were.

Usually, goats didn't travel alone, instead of in a pack. Although this was a different world such things should be close to what he remembered. The deer, squirrels, boars, and hares looked the same so why not goats?

With such thoughts, Urist and his party of dwarfs closed on the mother goat and her four kids. He gave the command to surround and capture the goat kids.

He and Rat would handle the goat mother who might struggle with all the excitement. The dwarfs slowly spread out in a circle and when they were in position, Urist gave out a signal.

Urist watched over the area and nodded his head and then let out a quick whistle. With the sound, the dwarfs all rushed forth surprising the goats making the kids bhaaa at their mom. 

Licking his lips at thought of actually drinking something else than water. Urist charged forth with the intent on subduing the mother with his bare hands.

 

Part 3 - Goat Capture



The kids jumped around their mother in curiosity as she yelled in distress. Urist shook his head at the kids that were too young to understand the danger they were in. On the signal, the dwarfs rushed forth with Urist taking the lead by pushing strength into his feet. Shocking the kids and mother goat he slammed into the mother goat.

Fearing for their lives the kids fled in all directions as Urist wrestling their mother into submission. As the two forces tried to win out against one another the other dwarfs descended upon the little ones. Thanks to their excellent plan it wasn’t hard to capture them without much effort expended. Rat came in soon after Urist to help to subdue the mother goat and after five minutes or so they finished the mission and headed back home with the yelling goat family.

When home Urist had to explain to the confused dwarfs why they weren't eating the goats they caught. Urist could only shake his head at how sad they look as he made his way to the rabbit pen. He decided that this would be a temporary pen for the kids until they could make a pen to house them and their mother.

With that surprise handled, Urist walked over to Yri.

“Hey, do you know how to look after animals?”

Looking up from her planting she tilted her head. “Er. Yah. I’m a farmer, of course, I know how to take care of animals. Why?”

“Could you look after the goats we just got?”

“Sure that’s no problem you planning on making goat cheese?”

“How did you?”

“Heh. Lucky guess boss, as long as you can get me the food to feed them than it’ll be easy.”

Having the goats taken off his back Urist thanked Yri before the two headed over to the goats as she wanted to see how they were. He became quite pleased that under her touch, the wild goats became less agitated and more docile.

Leaving Yai with the goats, another plan was forming in his head. Now that I know that goats are running around the area its best get a large pen up and running later.

Putting the thought in the back of his head, he walked over to Qrtia to see how many bricks she made ready to fire. He sighed in admiration at her amazing ability, with today alone she had made 210 bricks that were ready to fire.

After counting the bricks he noticed the extra ten. “Hey, why is there an extra ten?”

Sipping on some water Qutia answered, “It’s because I expanded so much it increased. Every time I expanded it twice I could do an extra brick.”

“I see, still I have to ask if you had any problems using all your mana at once.”

“Other then getting a slight headache and getting a little bit hungry I’m alright.”

“That’s a relief knowing there aren't any big problems of bottoming out your mana and it’s a benefit. But I want you not to push yourself too hard ok?”

Qutia waved her hand and laughed, “No worries boss, this type of work isn’t stressful and great training. From what I could remember about magic in my world, a person's body was set in stone. So to increase my mana is a blessing.”

That’s pretty interesting information I’ll have to ask other mages that join if that's the case in their own worlds.

“Good to know Qrtia. For now, this is enough brinks. I’ll require you soon so when you top up your mana we’ll be doing a project before the sun goes out. But before I go I like to thank you for your hard work.”

“Haha. No problem boss. I’ll be ready to go in an hour or so.”

Having finished his business with Qrita, Urist moved onto thinking about the basics of making a kiln. When he and his team headed out this morning he had the dwarfs go to the river shore and collect shells. Entering the cave he was greeted to a pot full of shells just waiting to be crushed into pieces, then stuffed into clay balls. The reason to put the broken shell pieces into clay was to easily collect the cooked calcium oxide easier. And the use of the calcium oxide was to be used as an ingredient for mortar.

Before breaking up the shells and mixing the material he bought some cloths face masks on the market.

It’ll be a good idea to use these so no one inhales any of the mixtures while we’re working with it dry.

With the masks acquired, he did a few things around camp and talked with everyone to pass the time. When Qrtia was topped up on mana she came to find Urist and he smiled knowing it was time to put his plan in action.

“Ok, what do I gotta do boss?” Asked Qrtia.

“It's nothing you haven’t been already doing. I need you to take this bucket of clay and completely  drain it of its water.”

“That’s all? I wouldn’t have needed  all my magic for this.”

“Ah. What can I say I wanted you to rest a little bit.”

“Come now I’m not that fragile.”

“I’ll keep that in mind from now on.”

“As long as you understand.”

Giving a faint smile, Qrtia put her hand above the bucket and closed her eyes. A blue glow soon appeared at the bottom of her hand. At first, the light was faint but then it quickly grew in brilliance and when it reached a certain point she began chanting quietly under breath.

Urist watched entranced as the magic formation began to form from the clump of mana that then shot straight into the bucket. Opening her eyes she raised her hand and drew out the water in the bucket before putting it into a container for storage. After all, why waste 100% pure water which could be used medically or for drinking?

Finished now Qrtia turned to Urist. “Now that I’ve finished doing what you wanted. Will you let me in on what you want with dry clay?”

Urist let out a chuckle as he held out a mask for her, “If you wanna see I don’t mind, but I ask you to wear this mask for your protection.”

“Protection?”

“You’ll become ill if you inhale any of the dust particles we’re going to be playing around with so safety is a great concern. In a little bit, the shells should be soon cooked so, for now, we’ll crush this to powder.”

Taking the mask and putting it over her face she became quite interested in what Urist was doing. Half an hour later Urist pulled out the clay balls with his bare hands as an experiment and found that the heat didn’t burn or affect him.

Good to know I’m not just immune to flames but also immune to this amount of heat.  Although it might just be the Orgain flames at work here. This will need more experimentation later, but for now, it isn’t a pressing concern.

Qrtia and co. watched in utter amazement as they watched Urist break apart the hot clay. He let them cool though and didn’t touch the shells. After all, he didn’t what a caustic reaction that burned his hands.

When he finished he thought of something and laughed, “Oh yes, usually you let the clay fully cool before handling them. I’m just impatient.”

Qrtia sighed, “I was wondering about that. This is the first time I’ve seen a person stick his hand in a fire. Not even fire mages would do something so casually. What magic do you use boss?”

“Really? How unexpected. It’s called Origin Flames, but I’m not sure it’s magic. It says it magic but when I use it, it doesn’t make magic circles like yours.”

Rolling her eyes Qrtia replied, “It’s because you didn’t chant while using it. Which means you're pretty much brute-forcing the mana to work. You should work on that because you're wasting mana and also limit magic application. Although I've never heard of Origin Fire, it should follow the same laws of magic. Even if it gives you a special constitution to not be affected by the fire.”

“Then how do I control it?”

“At most I could teach you the basic magic formations and the rest would be up to you. I’ll need something to draw on to give you a sketch of them.”

“I will be sure to get something for you after we’re done here.”

“Ok, then what's next boss?”

“Some elbow grease. First, we get some gloves so we don’t burn ourselves due to a reaction the calcium oxide has on the skin. It’s pretty nasty so make sure to wear hand protection when doing this ok?”

“I don’t get why or those confusing terms but I shall wear gloves.”

Urist sighed, When we become more stable I’m going to have to buy science books and teach chemistry. So glad I paid attention in science class.

“Now that we have our safety equipment all these shells will be crushed into powder using the mortar and pestle I’ve made. As you know that shells are hard to break, but when heat is added they become easy to breaks down. You can call it quicklime at this point.  Now we shift out the large pieces with this shifter and leave them to be heated once again. To finish up this material we add four parts of water to one part power slowly. If you add it all at once it will be quite dangerous. Qrtia may I have the water you extracted please?”

“Here you go, boss.”

“Thank you.”

Then slowly mixed in the water into the mortar and watched the chemical reaction take place. An after a hiss here, a crumble there and some heat later the hydrated.

“With this finished all we have to do is add some sand and water then we’ll have made Mortar.”

“Eh? But didn’t you call the bowl a mortar?”

Seeing the confused reactions of the dwarf Urist could only chuckle. “Funny enough they both share the name mortar in my world. There is also a weapon called a mortar in my world so depending on the subject it can be quite confusing.”

“Your world is pretty confusing boss.”

“Indeed it is. Now enough of that let’s move onto shifting sand.” Finishing his words Urist pulled out a bucket and a custom copper screen. Using the collected sand from before Urist had the dwarfs shift the sand they had collected.  If they wanted to they could use the gravel collected from there trip to the mountains to make concrete.

That's a good idea we should do that to kill two birds with one stone.

With such thoughts they then put sand, and gravel in their respective buckets for later use. Alas, he wouldn’t be using the gravel in for the bricks to hold the kiln together. Although it was much stronger than mortar it wasn't good for building projects. He would use the concrete on the base as it was better suited for structural support.

The next step was to mix up the mortar to be three parts sand and one part cement to make the mix. Although they had collected around nine buckets of shells, it would take a while and use many mini fires to bake them all to temperature so this was more of a test.

A project for tonight and then tomorrow we’ll make the kiln, thought Urist as he kept working as he wanted to test the mix.

With the help of Qrtia, he would able to make the mixture as wet or dry as needed. Then as a test, Urist had Qrtia test her magic on the brick to slowly extract water. A few tests later and he was quite happy to find it becoming stronger.

When we finish cooking all the shells tomorrow we won’t have to wait for the mortar today. Soon we’ll have a kiln to forge metal with, I wonder what kind of people we will get tomorrow? No matter since we can’t finish it today then…

“With the test done tomorrow, we will mass produce mortar and concrete to make the kiln. For right now, since we can't make the kiln let’s go make bubbles.”

Yet he was able to show them something cool instead. Going over to the float and buckets full of metal material he smiled.

"Bubbles?”

Seeing their confused reactions made Urist want to chuckle.

 

Part 4 - Making Copper Slush

 

To make bronze you need a ratio of 87.5% copper and 12.5% tin. A simple ratio to try and achieve with modern stock that has already been made pure.

Urist wished he had a modern tool that could go through mineral content and then sort it all before grinding it up. Instead, he got the next best thing to make less work.

If we didn't have Baikm, we'd have to deal with low-quality tools. Although he lacks the skill level to read iron, it's fine as bronze is good enough.

When they went up to the mountain Urist became embarrassed when Baikm told him that it was fine to smelt the rocks as they were. Since these rocks gunk would burn right off, his skill told him they were ready to be refined.

Alas, Urist being childish still wanted to use the Frother since he spent so many points on it. He argued that since they had the machine they might as well use it and get the ore next time as they could use high tier paydirt.

Since the kiln wouldn't be ready to go until tomorrow, they would start going through the dirt.

“Boss, are you sure this contraption is going to work? It just doesn’t make sense to me.” Baikm was skeptical of it working since he had never seen anything like this.

“It’ll work trust me it’s science.”

“What’s science? Is it a branch of magic?”

“No science is its own thing. Just watch and see.” 

Pouring the pine oil and water in copper frother Urist began to breathe bubbles inside with the copper tube. After some tests of blowing bubbles, he found a good ratio between water and oil to make bubbles to which he began putting in the paydirt. It didn’t take long after blowing that metallic bubbles started coming under the fading the sun they carried a dazzling light awing the dwarfs watching.

Baikm became entranced at as the bubbles came, as for Urist he wasn’t that impressed as he had done this once before. When the bubbles became high enough he took out a trowel as besides for smoothing concrete or cement it made for a perfect bubble scraper. He scooped the bubbles and then place them into the second part of the frother ready for use. A few minutes later and the bubbles started to become clear so Urist popped an opening down at the bottom to drain the soil. 

Water, pine, and the useless dirt turned sludge spat into an empty container to be thrown away. He watched carefully and then closed off the opening when he saw that the water was becoming clear. He then refilled the copper frother with water, oil and paydirt to repeat the process once again.

When he finished showing how to do it a few times and answered some questions the dwarfs felt confident in trying their hand in extracting the metal. With a weary smile, Urist let the dwarfs have a go at but not before giving them a washcloth to wipe the mouthpiece off.

“Now remember to wipe it with soap and water then dry it when you switch uses. This is only a short term thing until we can make some air pumps.”

“Ok boss, but what are air pumps? Are they also another branch of mag-- I mean science?”

“Yeah it is. I leave this to you guys I’m going to take a break and rest now.”

And so finding a tree that had some good shade Urist rested his sore body as he waited for dinner to be finished. Uria had already been at it before he came back and with the food they bought on the mark, it wouldn’t be long before it was finished. Letting his thoughts wander time passed quickly and before long dinner was finished and half of the pay box was filled with a slush of oil and copper.

As the sunset, the dwarfs sat down and ate after a hard day's work. Now done with the day, Urist rested near the fire petting one of the golden retrievers as he played with an interesting option he found. In his hazy memories, he figured that it was a forum that he could access with his brain instead of with a machine.

He asked if anyone else could access the forums in the camp only to get strange looks as if he was crazy.

You guys can put up with getting items in some weird way but forums appearing in my brain is too much? Whatever I’m not sulking.

Trying not to pout he kept digging into the new system and became quite surprised at the number of users in the chat.

1,800,000,001,227 if that’s only civilization leaders that's a lot of civilizations… But why the odd number? That just doesn’t make sense to me. Wait it just went up? Why would it go up? Unless...

Such a thought provoked Urist to look at the market to see what could increase the number. Doing a few searches on his gut feeling he quickly found the answer about that the marketplace sold civilization stones.

Urist hands started sweating. I can’t believe that I almost missed this if I didn’t look at the account numbers. Having two more people every day will be a great help to us I wonder what it costs?

Curious, he mentally tapped the Civilization stone. 

Civilization Stone - Limited to buying one for each tier the highest civilization stone grows by.

Cost to buy 500 points.

Looking at the number of points he had on hand being 2013 he figured that it was well worth it purchase. Without another thought, Urist bought the civilization stone and got up from petting the dog. He went to where the other civilization stone was and place it next to it.

I could’ve made a base of operations where we mine, yet we just don’t have the population to do such a thing. My senses are telling me that this is the correct thing to do, after all, I don’t know how fierce the rat and beast rides will become.

Luckily,  civilization stones could be moved after paying a cost of one hundred points. Although the cost would double for each move so it should only be moved wisely.

A second similar room appeared behind the first civilization except not having an armament Stone next to it. With the stone in place, he was prompted if he wished to take control of the stone or pass ownership.

He thought about it and decided to give it to himself for now. When they expanded to another area he would hand over ownership to a dwarf he trusted and capable to lead.

Now having two extra dwarfs spawning Urist made a slight change to his plans for tomorrow thanks to the extra hands. With that handled he exited the cave and sat back on the log to keep diving into the chat to see what information he could gather.

Most posts were useless such as asking where were they. What was happening? And how do you make a fire? It annoyed Urist wishing he could talk to more knowledgeable people.

As if listening to his thoughts the channel started to split up into different categories. The amount was too many for Urist so he started removing the one's asking too many questions.

That removed about 50% of the chats. Still, the number was staggering so he filtered more to the subjects he was interested in. Such subjects he focused on was trade, market news, rat tide, the planet, answers, and dwarfs.

The tens of millions of chats narrowed down to a dozen.

That much more manageable. 

He first looked overbuy and selling chats to see it was filled with only a few hundred people each.

Cracking knuckles Urist got to work on learning about these chats one by one. And with a sigh after an hour he felt drained at how much there was to learn.

"This is going to take a while."

 

Bamboo Seeding timer activated 4 Days 14 Hours 42 Mins

Rat Tide timer activated 11 Days 14 Hours 42 Mins

Beast Swarm timer activated 19 Days 14 Hours 42 Mins

Point Amount:  1513

 

5