Book 1 Epilogue
247 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laying sideways on his couch, the god of dwarfs ate divine grapes while in a bitter mood. Of his forty-eight civilizations, thirteen had died out to abnormal beast swarms and other disasters.  

Fast. Too fast if he compared it to other gods who only lost usually three and at most six on the first event.

Someone was targeting his people and they had done a number to impact their development. Out of the thirty-five remaining, ten were on the verge of dying off due to such a low population. If other civilizations found them they would be killed or enslaved. Another ten had half their population killed off in the last fight and were on shaky legs. 

And of the final fifteen, twelve of them had taken damage but were well off compared to the others. Leaving the final three civilizations as his strongest force. Although one of them had lost quite a few their core population they were relatively unharmed. 

The only good fortune was that by some dumb luck one of his dwarfs had unlocked a king bloodline. They also had got great rewards and could be considered the strongest of his remaining thirty-five civilizations. 

Although he felt bitter at having fewer pieces in the Game. He figured that thanks to them going through such a trial by fire they would grow stronger. Still, he knew that some god or gods had decided to play dirty by cheating in the Game. To have that much damage on the first event attack wasn’t something that happened. If the information came to light that someone cheated then all gods would hunt the offender down and kill them!

To disgrace the Game means to spit in every god face who had participated before. Popping a grape inside his mouth the God frowned. Without solid evidence, he couldn’t accuse someone of cheating or it would be considered the dwarfs being a weak race. He would also be humiliated if he couldn’t find the cheater and lose face. 

Now what foolish bastard sought his own death? Fuck. I’ve conned too many gods to figure out who. I guess I have to force my hand to get those rats out of the shadows.

Left with no choice, Blue with an aching heart opened his bag of holding and took out thirteen colorful cards. Although he had been given a hundred it was usually unwise to spend them in the beginning. For usually at most then each civilization would get two. Now that he had only thirty-five he could spend a little. He had decided after some thought to use thirteen cards, one for each top dwarf civilization and one for each one the edge of destruction.

Although these cards would give off a divine signal that other gods could pick up when casted he really had no choice. Those dwarf civilizations were really too weak for the next wave and for the strongest three he feared the cheaters targeting them. With these at least they would have some protection.

Maybe. You can’t really know what you’ll get out of these cards.

With a wave of his blue hand blue sent thirteen colorful lights into the selected screens. He had done everything he could, now it was up to his dwarfs to rely on themselves to surpass this calamity. 

For now, I can only wait for the traitor god to show their hand. When they do I’ll kill them with my own two hands or my name wouldn’t be...

 

So if you have gotten to this point I thank you for reading! It's been a lot of effort to get the story to a not shit point. Now you might be wondering where's the rest of the story? Well, I need to er... Build up some chapters so it'll be a week at the latest two before I start releasing. I have a few days finished but not edited so I won't be putting those up yet. For now, I hope you enjoyed the dump and tell me if the story is shit or not XD I can take it after all the abuse I've been through... Haha...

3