Book 2 Prologue
224 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Prepare thee for I haven't had an editor edit past this point.

A solar system that held no intelligent life now budded with civilizations across its planets and on in a single day, millions of lives had been lost to horde events. Those that survived to see past the day wept for their fallen brethren.

But the gods above did not weep for the mortal loss. 

Instead, gods in their immoral palaces shouted, raved, and gathered their earnings. 

For this was the ‘Game.’

Gods watched those that felt bold streaming their civilizations bloody battle in their immortal palaces drinking their immortal wine. As the party raved in the sky, in a certain palace ten gods sat around drinking and making merry.

“Brother Frostlord your idea to bully that newbie was pretty fun. I wish I could’ve seen his face when he saw he got last place.” said a chubby gray-skinned man with three glowing red eyes.

“Indeed what does that newbie think he can win the ‘Game’? So what if he is stronger than us. If one of us wins the ‘Game’ than we can enslave that upstart under us.” Remarked a woman made out of rainbow crystal glass.

The figures delightfully kept talking to about the subject with glee until the one at the head of the table Frostlord held up his hand to silence them. Instantly the chat died down and the other nine gods waited patiently for him to speak.

They stared at Frostlord who was dressed in bone white heavy armor with his eye-catching divine face tattoos. His ice-blue eyes weren’t focused on the surrounding gods, instead, it was on the golden cup he held. 

He started to swirl the golden cup, which if one listened closely could hear faint screams. But to Frostlord it was music to his ears.

Taking a drink from the cup Frostlord kept a somber expression, “Brothers, sisters. Although we have wounded that extorting bastard, we need to make sure that he can’t stage a comeback. We have to crush his ugly dwarfs before they are allowed to grow.”

Visibly the nine gods kept smiling expressions but inside their souls were quivering in fear.

Finally, one of the gods couldn’t deal with the awkward silence and posed the question on everyone's mind, “Brother I know what you’re thinking but we already violated the law once. If we do it again we might be caught and killed. We already threw him in the last ranking it should be fine right? I mean even if one of his dwarf civilizations in one of the top rankings it can’t carry on by itself and win.”

As the other eight gods expected, the room's temperature dived down one thousand degrees. Frostlords eyes turned away from his cup and bore directly at the questioning god who now inwardly sweated bullets.

Am I going to die? Thought the god as his body felt immense pressure.

Luckily for him, Frozenlord removed his gazed and let the temperature climb back up.

With a sigh, the Frostlord sat back into his seat and relaxed, “Perhaps your right. I was too hasty in making that command. But I want revenge on those hero souls he stole from me. Those things are rare and I wanted to--”

Announcement 

An anonymous god has used thirteen Divine Cards. 

Those sitting at the table didn’t need the announcement to feel divine power coming off of ten planets. It was easy for them to pinpoint the locations that lasted one for a few seconds before disappearing.

With a wolfish smile, Frost laughed when he noticed the cards land in the dwarf areas. 

“So he decided to use his divine cards early? Although it’s a waste I can see why he did it. Now, this changes everything. Now no one can complain if we attack him directly! Haha!”

It wasn’t just Frostlord who had designs on the divine cards. The people around him and even others in the floating palaces also mused thoughts of attacking for easy riches. 

As for the blue who had used the divine cards he could only close his eyes and let out a sigh.

“Although I’m throwing you to the wolves this is your only path to survival.”

4