Day 28
240 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1 - Memory (1)

Where am I?

Floating on a brightly lit room Urist looked around bewildered to find himself in a room painted a majestic beige. Looking to the side he saw a chandelier that displayed metal birds from around the world. Finally, he looked down to see a table full of food surrounded by a large number of people sitting. The smell of freshly cut turkey sat on the table with other rich foods lingering in the air.

“Hey, son how does it feel to graduate college?” Said a familiar-sounding man that had his face scratched. out replied with a voice full of pride.

Father? And that’s mother, uncle, auntie, big brother, little sister, cousin, my good bros, their girlfriends, and everyone else.

“I really don’t know dad. It just feels so strange. The shock really hasn’t hit me yet.” Said a plain-looking youth with brown hair, a beard and had distant staring eyes. The only one that didn't have his face scratched out.

Urist instantly knew that this person was him. Despite a few minor things I look exactly the same. What is this? A dream? A memory? Why isn’t my brain hurting? Why can I see and smell with clarity? What happened when I touched that crystal?

An enchanting voice woke up Urist from his thoughts, “Well that’s also ok my little sun. As long as you’re happy that’s alright with me, though I can’t help but wonder when you’re going to ask a girl out.”

Urist watched himself choke on his carrots at his mom's comment. And as he tried to clear his windpipe his three best friends saw their chance.

“Well, Ms.Witter I heard *(&)#* is thinking about asking her on a date this weekend.”

“That’s not all. He told me to find a great restaurant to take her out at and I found the perfect spot.”

“Oh right, a week ago, he and I went out to pick out some good clothes for the date. Keke. He’s going to look dashing. I wish I could see his face he asks her out.”

Urist looked at his brothers speechless as he tried not to choke on the water to force down the food.

These bastards have no shame when they smell blood!

Urist in the air watched on embarrassingly at how shameless his old friends were acting towards his old self. With them fanning the flames Urists family began to talk in an uproar filled with happiness.

“Big brother why didn’t tell me you were asking out *&#)$( I thought you said you would tell me first when you began dating!”

“Oh? My little bro finally becoming a man all this time I thought you didn’t have an interest and were gay. I, your big brother am proud of you growing some balls.”

“Oh, my little nephew is finally growing up to be a man. I remember when I had to change your diapers just like it was yesterday. And now you’re going to begin dating oh how fast time moves.”

“Congrats *%)#(@ Your son is finally coming out of his shell. I thought he would become a hermit by how you raised him in his youth. I owe you a drink as an apology if only dad and mom could hear the news. Unfortunately, they are in Texas and couldn’t make the celebration, I’ll call them up right now!” At that, his uncle pulled out a phone from his pocket and walked into another room.

“Thanks, cousin, you made me lose a twenty dollar bet! As an apology to me, you’re gonna get me drunk humph humph!”

Resting a hand on her chest Urists mother sounded happy, “Oh the worry of not having more cute grandchildren puts my heart at ease honey.”

Grabbing her free hand Urists father looked her right in the eye, “I was worried as well honey that our son would swing the other way. Even if he did I’d still love him, but this has also put my heart at ease.”

The Urists floating in the air was shocked. Did everyone really think I was gay? Is it that much of a shock that I asked a girl out? How did past me act to get such an idea? I kind of don’t wanna know...

While now the Urist currently sitting down had his hands in his face. A face as red as a tomato, unluckily still not choking on his food. The voices became higher and higher to the point that he couldn’t take it anymore and yelled. “I can’t believe you guys would betray me! I trusted you to keep it secret and you let me down!”

At Urists outburst, the crowd of people quieted down and began to stare at his three best friends.

The fattest one chuckled awkwardly, “I’m sorry &#%^( I just couldn’t handle how your family thought you were gay. I just didn’t fit right with me.”

The tall and thin one laughed, “Come on bro they were gonna find out sooner or later. And with this, you can’t chicken out like you’ve been these last eight years. She has been waiting for you for so long that I can’t watch this anymore. If I don’t push you off this cliff you won’t jump.”

“What *&@)(*& says is right *$&$%*. I can’t watch you torment yourself any longer at trying to keep the status quo. If you think of us like bothers and you will man up and get the girl!”

Hearing this Urist sitting down sighed and smiled wearily at the three. “Fine, I guess you guys know me too well. Now that you all know, then I’ll say it now. I don’t swing the other way and I have been in love with *@($&*$ for the longest time. And tomorrow I shall ask her ou--”

As he was about to finish his sentence the house began to shake, the light began to flicker until they died. The room was encased in darkness with moments.

“An earthquake? In Michigan?”

“How can this be?”

“What should we do?”

“Mommy I’m scared!”

As the room was about to descend in chaos Urists father roared. “Everyone stay calm and get under the table!”

Under his imposing voice, everyone hid under the large table under his orders and it didn’t take long before the shaking ended.

When it was over Urists mother's voice rang out, “Is everyone alright?”

One by one names were called out and everyone gave the all-clear that they were not injured, including the Uncle that left the room.

Until it finally came to Urists turn. “Little sun are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m alright, but what was th--”

Hello Earth.

Welcome to a 'Game.'

In one hour monsters will descend onto your plane of existence.

Good luck in surviving.

 

Part 2 -Memory(2)

 

A system announcement? But it seems different then normal. Is it the borders or the tone? I don’t remember this happening from my memories. Did this really happen or is this just a fabrication? 

Urist thought about what could explain what was happening. While he thought the people below him began to speak.

“What is this message I got? Monsters? Survival? Did anyone else get this or am I just crazy.” Said a bewildered Auntie.

In response of Urist bro’s replied, “Well if it’s like what I’m thinking at least I won’t have to worry about my college debt now.”

“What do you mean? Explain for the rest of us to understand.” Asked one of Urist family members.

“I’m sure *$()%, $*@&^, and *%&#@{ know what I know so let’s first get out of the darkness first and then explain.”

With everyone mumbling in agreement, the group exited the house and entered the backyard. By luck, the time for the dinner had been planned at noon with only a half-hour passing so the sun was out and about.   

It didn’t take long for the party of sixty to exit the house with some people trying to use their phones only for them not to turn on. 

Before the crowd got rowdy and out of order Urist father stepped up, “I’m sure everyone is bewildered by what's happening, but my son and his friends seem to have an idea of what's happening. Let’s hear them out first before deciding on what to do next.”

The crowd gave murmurs of agreement then turn their attention to Urist and his brothers currently talking to themselves. 

Feeling the gazes of everyone Urist turned to the crowd. “Give us a minute to work out some theories and we’ll give you some answers.”

“Ok little sun, do your best and us adults will wait.”

Although some were displeased at how the four were acting they didn’t say anything.

A few minutes passed and after going through a ton of ideas of material they read they more or less figured out what the announcement didn’t tell them. 

Five minutes passed before the four turned to the crowd. Urist turned to his bros first and nodded his head, “Ok before I say what we found I want everyone to steel their resolve for I won’t cherry-pick words.”

He waited for the words to sink into the crowd before he continued. “Ok, I hope you are prepared. Now after figuring out the commands we found information that life as we know it will end today. It’ll be survival of the fittest where strength will be the most important aspect. And if we don’t work together we’ll most likely be killed. 

“Now I’m going to walk everyone through in how you can pick out your class, choose stats, use the forums, and how to access your inventory. Afterwards, we will be gathering the neighborhood, fortifying this place to resist against the incoming invasion, and fighting for our survival.”

Urist watched on in the air as he watched his old self and friends take control of the chaos. Surprised at the aura of command he gave off as he got the crowd into fighting shape while his father, mother, and bro’s,  were working on fortifying the house, gathering the neighborhood, food, and weapons. 

Soon the mansion transformed under the eyes one of his bro’s girlfriend who was an expert in engineering and his elder brother who had military training. Using manpower, class skills, and determination the once simple yard with a white picket fence had become a fortress within fifty minutes with five minutes to spare before the invasion.   

Standing in the dining room now turned war room Urist and a group of planners was making theories, plans, and supply runs to do when the time came. One of them was Urists fat friend who turned to him, “Bro. With everything pretty much settled here shouldn’t we use *(#{*(@ teleportation ability to get your girlfriend?”

Urist thought for a moment before shaking his head, “He’s gathering your family members and other key people. My needs would waste the little time we have to prepare, besides you and me both know that she won’t die easy. In fact, knowing her she probably snagged a hero class like us and is also building her forces. I bet ya she is even leading a force to our location right about now.”

As soon as he finished that sentence a messenger arrived, “(#&$^*! A force of four hundred has arrived at our gates? How do we proceed?”

Urist grinned at his fat friend, “See? What did I say? We both know what the other is thinking. Still, I bet she’s surprised at how big I built this place. Really gotta hand it to the Support hero class for being pretty amazing. You take over a bit I’m going to meet her now.”

“Leave it to me *$)%*#.”

Watching his old self walkout Urist floated over curiously and saw the screen he was checking.  

 

Time until invasion begins: 4 minutes 37 seconds

 

Walking to the crudely made gates Urist nodded to the people working hard and then looked through to see a flaming haired woman standing at the forefront. She wielded a stop sign in one hand and old shield in the other.

What shocked Urist the most was that the face wasn’t scratched out like the others and was in face the face of Uria! Disbelief filled Urist mind as fragments of his dreams he forgot came to him in a rush. 

As he had a mental crisis his old self was smiling from ear to ear, “(Rhea! It’s good to see you safe and sound. Quick, come inside we don’t have a lot of time we don’t have much time before the wave comes.”

“No.” Responded Rhea.

“Wha? Why?” Said the confused Urist.

“Not until you do what I’ve been waiting for.”

“Is this really the time?”

“It’s now or never! You can’t run away from me anymore!”

Seeing Rhea's temper Urist sighed then slapped his face. His eyes became focused as he walked through the gate and faced her directly, “Rhea will you go out with me?”

With a smile plastered on her face, Rhea dropped her signpost and wrapped her arms around Urist. “It’s about time you manned up. It only took the end of the world before you found your balls.”

“Hey, now I was going to ask you on a date tomorrow an-”

Not allowing him to finish Rhea grabbed the back of his head and began kissing him in the midst of about thousand plus people.

 

Part 3: Underwhelming

 

After their kiss static and clouds filled his vision pulling him from his memory. Soon enough he came to find that he was laying in his bed. He didn’t move or make noise as he the information he learned to settle down.

So. I had that kind of past. I know know that me and Uri-- no Rhea in my past life was a thing. I wonder what do I call her Uria or Rhea? I’ll ask her first and figure it out then. Other than that how long have I been out? 

Checking the timer Urist eyes opened wide, “What? Its almost time for the beast invasion? Can’t stay laying down when a battle is about to begin.”

Getting out of bed Urist put on his armor, grabbed his Greedy spear, and headed out the cave entrance. Allowing his eyes to adjust to the sunlight he saw Unicy and Ubel commanding the troops making last-minute preparations.

Getting up on the wall Urist walked over to Ubel. “So what happened while I was indisposed.”

Turning his attention over to Urist. Ubel replied. “Nothing much, other then scaring us to half to death. Do you have to fall unconscious every other day? Y'know  it isn’t healthy to put your subordinates in such stress.”

Under Ubel’s cold star, Urist could only give an awkward chuckle, “I’ll try to not do that anymore. So how is the activity down below?”

“As long as you understand. In the tree line, we’ve seen some flashes of black which seem to be the remnants of rats that escapes our last confrontation. Other then that we’ve been hearing growls of tigers and other strange animal noises we can’t place.”

“Let me handle the rats, for the tigers let's see if Reaver's tigers can make them submit. If we have any spare power we can try to capture farm animals. Sound good?"

Pushing up his glasses Ubel nodded, “I forgot you gained that power. Very well we’ll go with your plan as long as it isn’t too much to handle. I’ll spread the info to the squad leaders and tell that musclehead. Oh, yah, what are you gonna do about that lazy bum Volt? Do you think you’re powerful enough to take him on? If we had him on defense it would be easier on the rest of us.”

Turning his head to the direction of Volt meditating under a tree, Uritst replied softly. “I feel if I master the first strike of the seven strikes and enter berserk I could have a chance. I’m close to reaching that level in a week I’ll challenge him.”

Ubel sighed, “You like keeping that bed warm don’t you?”

“Well I haven’t tried it, but I think I got something that’s less demanding. Oh. Look at the time, we only got a few minutes left before they come. Let’s do this Ubel.”

“Indeed, we’ll give those beasts hell. Going to give the troops a rousing speech?”

“You know it.”

“Don’t sound lame.”

“Hey now, I have some confidence with my words.”

Moving away from Ubel, Urist stood up on a crate that Ubel had prepared beforehand sharpened his eyebrows. “Brothers and sister heed my words!”

Urist waited until everyone eyes were on him before continuing, “We face another wave of beasts that seek to destroy us. No matter their number, no matter how strong they are, we shall not fall. For this is our homeland and we will survive and prosper for our future! So let’s kill!”

“Kill!”

“Kill!”

“KILL!”

Out of the crowd, the dwarfs wearing rat trophies yelled the loudest, giving the other dwarfs an infectious air of craving blood. With morale at its peak, the dwarfs we ready for anything.

The remaining minutes counted down to the seconds and then as all the dwarfs were waiting for the announcement arrived.  

The Beast Swarm Event has begun. Good luck in surviving the wave.

With that curt announcement, beast roars reached their peak and with excitement, the dwarfs ready their spears. But that excitement soon turned into a frown.

One dwarf wearing a necklace of rat teeth retorted, “Only a few hundred? What is this, a joke?”

Even Urist felt let down at these numbers when compared to the rat tide these numbers were a joke. Even more of a let down was that one-third of the beast swarm was Rats. Besides a few tigers, a pair of brown bears, and one strange beast. The rest was a let down of goats, squirrels, possums, and other small animals.

With a sigh, Urist gave Reaver a look who then nodded. Turning his sight back to the swarm, Urist gazed at the swarming rats and yelled, “Submit!”

Reaver soon followed as here giant tigers roared in unison.

As soon as that happened, the dwarfs could visibly see the one hundred plus rats stop and tremble under Urist gaze. Like a small tide, they lowered their heads in submission. 

While the tigers running to the wall also stopped and gazed at Reaver’s tigers on the wall that was twice the size of them. Feeling the pressure of alpha’s they also laid now in submission. 

Not missing a beat Urist commanded, “Rats, I command you to capture the animals around you and bring them to me alive. Men get out the nets, it’s a golden opportunity to get some more livestock for free.”

Unicy Nodded her head, “You heard the boss, it’s time to go hunting. Whoever catches the most will be rewarded!”

Although saddened by the lack of enemies, the dwarfs' spirits were roused at the thought of rewards. Nets were handed out, the gates opened, and with it, the dwarfs joined the chaos running through the ranks of the beast hoard.

Unicy then walked over to Urist, “But boss, who's going to deal with that thing?”

In the back of the group, a wobbly blue gel the size of a large dog moved forward slowly.

“The slime? Is it a slime? Hm. Could it be tamed? If not we could have Acar freeze it to death. Reaver, come over here.”

“Yes boss what is it?”

“You and Acar, ride one of your tigers and see if you tame it. If not just kill it.”

“Understood boss leave it to me!”

 

Part 4 - World Update

 

With the strongest fighters of the best swarm under submission, the beast ranks were thrown into chaos as tigers and rats attacked the others together with the dwarfs. Urist oversaw the battle-ready to jump in at a moments notice if things got hairy.

He didn’t want to get too much involved in case this was only the first wave of beasts. So he watched the dwarfs slaughter and capture the beasts before them with Valkus leading the front. With brutal efficiency, he slashed through with his battle knife cutting into the ranks of beasts. 

Covering his flanks, his hunter team worked to keep up as they made their way to the slime. In the middle of them, Reaver controlled her tigers and creatures to kill or subdue anything that came at them.

It didn’t take long from the group of ten to reach the blue slime jiggling intently. A quick glance revealed that most of the other creatures kept their distance from it.

"I wonder if this slime is the same thing from my memories? But from the aura it's giving off, it seems it won’t be a pushover."

Urist watched on as the hunter team got into range with the slime. When they reached fifteen feet the slime's surface quivered in reaction.

The small slime suddenly expanded to ten feet as tentacles exploded from its surface. The tentacles thickness varied from one another as some were thicker than a dwarfs waist and others thin like sharp swords.

Although surprised, the hunters moved forth fearlessly to subdue the slime. Valkus, the closest to the slime moved fast and hit hard. He smashed apart the incoming tentacle the size of a trunk with the swing of his spear. 

Backed by strengthening and the power of his battle knife he splattered the tentacle with ease. He kept on the move, making tentacles explode as he made his way to the other side.

Dismounting from her tiger. Reaver and Acar moved forth with the rest of the hunter team intent on getting closer to subdue the slime.

"Get me closer and I can try branding it with my symbol."

With a snort, ice began to manifest around Acar, "Consider it done, but don't blame me for accidentally killing it."

Gathering ice blue magic power, five lines of symbols appeared on the back of his hand flowing towards his fingertips. 

Raising his hand to the sky Acar made a claw gesture and ruthlessly smashed down at the slimes direction.

“Ice Claw!”, Five chilly waves of light flew out from his fingertips with the intent to freeze the slime.

The slime, sensing impending danger wiggled its body made five large tentacles and sent them out to meet the impending attack. The two forces clashed sending out bits of frozen slime outwards.

That wasn’t all that happened as Acar smiled coldly watching the Acar magic traveled through the still attached frozen tentacles to the main body. WIth decisiveness, the slime slashed out with another tentacle and cut off the five before the cold energy reached its body.

On the other side, Valkus handled his own side of the battle. Slashing and dodging tentacles that came his way Valkus, despite his size moved swiftly and with ease as more tentacles joined to smash or pierce his body.

“That. All. Ya. Got?”

Seemingly provoked by Valkus’s slight grin and words the slime shook his body to make more tentacles appear. In a quick motion over a dozen tentacles formed spears and swiftly moved in all directions, intent on filling his body full of holes.

With a snort, Valkus threw his spear just right to sever three. Not wasting movement he withdrew his battle knife. Strength and energy suddenly filled his body like adrenaline, eyes opened wide the world began to slow down to him.

Valkus tracked all the incoming projectiles with a swiftness before heading into the action.

A slice here. 

A slash there.

An occasional dodge.

The dwarfs still on the walls watched in amazement at how Valkus seemed to be untouchable as he slaughtered his way towards the slimes main body. With the two forces pincering the slime it seemed distressed as sent more tentacles in hopes to kill its foes.

Unfortunately for the slime thanks to splitting its battle power it wasn’t that effective not able to land any killing blows. 

It took the group some time, but Reaver finally entered the taming space she shouted, “Cover me I’ll begin the taming process!”

Magic power gathered and symbols flowed out one after another landing on the slime's body before sinking to its core. Urist watched intently at the new method Reaver was using. He didn’t remember using that last time she tamed the tigers.

‘Maybe because it’s ranged? Guess I’ll have to ask her later. Well, it looks like we’re close to wrapping this battle up. After this slime, the message should appear. If not we’ll pull back to the wall and wait for the second wave.’

The slime, feeling the constricting force around its soul lashes out violently at Reaver and her team. Sending out a club of slime Acar snorted as he made some quick symbols before slashing his hand at the ground before raising it to the sky.

“Ice wall!”

A meter thick wall of ice erupted from the ground to block the log of slime. A loud smack was heard and soon after the sound of cracking appeared. Acar's face paled as he knew what was happening quickly trying to reinforce his ice wall. 

Unfortunately, he didn’t have time to cast another as large Acar shards blasted out. Acar thought in slow motion as a large shard headed in his direction, Am I going to die by my own ice spell? Fuck, what an ironic way to go.

As Acar thought about the life he lived and his lingering regrets two shouts sounded out behind him.

“Stone wall!”

“Submit!”

A wall of stone appeared in front of him blocking the ice shower and allowing him to keep his life. Resisting the urge to piss himself Acar sighed and fell on his ass, “Thanks Brick for the save. Didn’t think the slime would be so strong.”

“Anytime bro. Reaver, hows is it?”

“I have control of it so as soon as the others finish up we’ll be don-”

Congratulations on passing the event! 

Presenting rewards to the civilization leader and participants.

Warning! World update: Ferocious beasts will enter the world.

Warning! Due to the low animal population, your civilizations surrounding area will be restocked with Ferocious beasts. 

Warning! It is advised that you find shelter for the next six hours as Beasts are finished scattering around the world.

Ferocious Beasts timer: 6 Hours

Primal Stone Event timer activated 7 Days

Mount Puff Event timer activated 21 Days

Treasure Hunt Event timer activated 35 Days

Weapon Fall Event timer activated 49 Days

Demons Descent timer activated 63 Days 

3