Chapter 12
818 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, are we going to return to what we were doing?”  I ask while leaning into Aura’s bosom. 

“Hang on there.  We can’t get too frisky; I’m not doing anything that would endanger your virginity.”  Aura stated definitely.

She wore a serious expression on her face, quite different from the teasing smirk she usually had.  I didn’t think that she would care so much about my virginity, I had wanted to inform her so that she would be gentle, not so she would stop altogether.  Now we’re just lying next to each other in bed with nothing to do.

“Then now what?  How about telling me more about Sin’yar, or those other lands you’ve talked about?”  I asked wistfully.

“Hmm, you want to learn more about the world.  Okay, I’ve already told you plenty about Sin’yar, how about I tell you about my homeland, Norgard.”  She whispered while easing her body into a more comfortable position on the sheets, her head resting on a pillow as her bountiful breasts spilled forth.

I snuggled into Aura’s embrace, wrapping my arms around her waist and one of my hands drifting down to cop a feel on her butt.  Settled into Aura’s bosom I ready myself to hear her renew her lecture.

“*COUGH*, my homeland is far to the north of here, past the mountains and across vast steppes, in the opposite direction of where we’re currently heading.  It’s a cold, desolate place with long frigid winters and numerous monsters that stalk the wilderness.  My village hugged the shores of the expansive seas that was the source of all of the bounty that sustained us.  The fisherwomen bringing in their catches, or the goods of passing trading ships providing abundance for us.”  I could see a glimmer of nostalgic happiness in her eyes as she spoke.

“Yet, with plenty comes plunderers.  Attacks made by raiders from the same sea that fed us, coming to steal our food, wealth and on occasion, girls.  Even some of the merchant ships that regularly traded with us would sometimes launch an unexpected assault, either because a trade deal fell apart, desperation or pure opportunist greed.  Needless to say, I and all of the other girls I grew up with learned how to fight from very young age.”  She continued, strangely still speaking in an upbeat tone despite the seriousness of what she was saying.

“Well, maybe I should start talking about the other inhabitants of Norgard.  First is the Jotun, tall, powerful and firm, they often dwelled in the forests and the hills, unconcerned by the monsters that lurk there.  They’re martial abilities are legendary, capable of overwhelming and dominating regular human warriors in combat.  Unfortunately, despite their beauty and impressive physical qualities, they're very crude, living in rough, simple homes without any sense of craftsmanship, no trading or gardening, only eating meat of whatever they’ve hunted, generally primitive lives where their only entertainment is battle. 

“Next are the Valkyries, extremely enchanting and graceful girls who travel the land joining in any conflicts that they run across.  It’s rumored that they’re the origin of the Battle Maiden traditions that pervade my homeland, and with what I’ve seen of them it would make sense.  They love a good fight, but they also tend to have a wide variety of skills such as healing, medicine, dancing, singing, cooking, rune-scribing, fortune-telling and even sowing.  The reason Valkyries travel so much is so that they can find the greatest warriors for inclusion into the ranks of the einherjar.”  Aura finally finished excitedly.

Well, that was…comprehensive.  I guess it was to be expected that she would know so much and be very eager to tell me about it.  The problem for me is that her homeland is in the opposite direction of where we’re currently heading.  While I would love to go there and meet (or seduce) the various girls Aura just described, this information isn’t immediately useful to me.  Maybe I can shift the explanations towards lands closer afield.

“What of those other lands you asked me about, Yamata and the Cat-Girl Kingdom?” 

She paused for a few moments to consider her words, then in a calm, quiet tone she began to speak again.

“I’ve only been to the Kingdom of Cat-Girls once, ruthless place, it’s dominated by a girl known as the Prima who commands her lionesses over the rest of the Cat-girls.  Most of these Cat-girls are fierce, prideful and standoffish with a penchant to either dominating each other or skulking off to maintain their own privacy.  Their cooperation amongst each other is rather low, really shouldn’t be a surprise that girls from outside of the kingdom make forays into the place to acquire Cat-girls for sale in the slave trade.”  She said as her hand glided along my lower back, and her legs entangled with mine.

“Yamata, I’ve never been there but I’ve talked to several who claimed to have visited the place.  It’s rumored to be a group of islands far, far away from our present location, where most of the land is either rugged mountains or coastal beaches.  The native girls live in rustic tranquility, or at least that’s what I’ve been told, and cultivate crops unlike any that are grown around here.  I would like to go there and explore the country one day, but that’s dependent on me finding a ship that would be willing to take me there.

“Some other lands that I’ve been to, Nura is an island were the inhabitants build these interesting towers all around the landscape; it’s also a major source of certain resources, such as copper.  Errata, a place of some intriguing contradictions at first glance there’s seemingly nothing of note but yet all of these strange locations keep popping up there.  Then there is Nod the land of nomads, it lies beyond Sin’yar as an impenetrable wasteland of sand and nothingness.  When I tried my luck at exploring it, I got as far as a small watering hole before I was forced to turn back because of dwindling supplies and the hostile environment.

“Finally, Cygnar is another country I know more from rumor than personal experience.  Supposedly it’s a land ruled by…” My vision grew blurry, and my mind became hazy.

While listening to Aura’s descriptions, laying under the covers, in Aura’s soft embrace, I could feel my eyelids grow heavy.  Stifling a yawn, I struggled to focus my thoughts on my next question.  I wanted to learn so much more, there were so many aspects I needed clarified.  What other countries are there?  How distant are these lands from us, or each other?  What else is there to know about Sin’yar?  What about this rumored Life goddess?  And what other goddesses are worshipped throughout these lands?

I struggle to organize my questions so as to decide which one to ask next, but tiredness was overtaking me.  Eventually I relented to my body’s demands, snuggling my face up against Aura’s neck I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

28